Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVII

Re: Covid-19 Part XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    That wouldn't be ignoring the rules.
    Yeah that’s a really silly part of that policy. I went to Europe last year and we still had the negative test requirement to fly home. My backup plan was to fly to Toronto and drive home, which would have been fine.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Yeah that’s a really silly part of that policy. I went to Europe last year and we still had the negative test requirement to fly home. My backup plan was to fly to Toronto and drive home, which would have been fine.
    Damn man, you'd subvert the rules!

I can't believe this is still policy in the Year of our Lord 2023.

4. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-08-2023)

That's no longer required, nor is vaccination notice. My whole family went to Europe in the fall and did not have show anything regarding the jab

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    That's no longer required, nor is vaccination notice. My whole family went to Europe in the fall and did not have show anything regarding the jab
    But dirty foreigners who come by plane still need to show us their vaccination records. Starting May 11 that's not important anymore, though.

7. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    OK...subvert. Wouldn't this world be much easier to navigate if everyone was doing the adult thing, instead of the greedy thing?
    Dan, just admit that May 11 is a little late to the party on this stuff. It's OK to criticize our gov't. Our gov't is far behind the times to still have this requirement. As for breaking the rules, this guy is obeying them. It's just a shame he has to. Our country is looking much worse than he is over all of this

But dirty foreigners who come by plane still need to show us their vaccination records. Starting May 11 that's not important anymore, though.
    Yes

But only the dirty ones

There's other kinds?

OT, and I'm probably way behind, but when did you move from San Fran to DC, Dan?

Yeah it wasn’t required like 3 days after I flew home. They announced it wasn’t a policy anymore right before I left, but it stayed in place for like 2 weeks after.

Very few countries are still requiring this. Whoever brought this up obviously didn't do his research beforehand because it kinda shows our country as the outlier

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

OT, and I'm probably way behind, but when did you move from San Fran to DC, Dan?
    Moved back to DC. I lived here from 97 to 2015. Moved back because the mortgage on my house was half of what we were paying in rent, and my wife wanted to go back to school. I can support us both in my house but not in California.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

15. Likes:

Boston Red (03-08-2023),westofyou (03-08-2023)

Yeah it wasn’t required like 3 days after I flew home. They announced it wasn’t a policy anymore right before I left, but it stayed in place for like 2 weeks after.
    My neighbor was in Italy last summer and she got Covid there right before she was going to come home. Apparently in Italy they wanted foreigner's with Covid to stay in a designated hotel (which was meh) so she didn't tell anyone she had it and dropped the dime for an Airb&b to ride it out.

My neighbor was in Italy last summer and she got Covid there right before she was going to come home. Apparently in Italy they wanted foreigner's with Covid to stay in a designated hotel (which was meh) so she didn't tell anyone she had it and dropped the dime for an Airb&b to ride it out.
    I know someone who was stuck in one of those Italian hotels for 21 days. Her symptoms were only a few days but she kept hitting positive and they wouldn't let her leave.

18. Likes:

westofyou (03-10-2023)

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/16...-k2A2dZC0KKa9Q

NEWS: Cochrane says lead author of a mask review misrepresented its findings, apologizes for summary statement that was imprecise and says they will update it.

They say their review did NOT find masks don't work.

Plus, I examine the actual evidence.
    nytimes.com/2023/03/10/opi…
    Attachment 19282
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

20. Likes:

Redsfaithful (03-10-2023),SteelSD (03-10-2023),Strikes Out Looking (03-10-2023)

Here's what I posted the P&R area regarding this:

Cochrane basically says there’s no conclusive evidence one way or the other, and that it needs to be studied more rigorously. The problem is that our public health/mainstream media has taken that to mean…you just have to mask better and they help, so let’s keep masking. But in reality, studies on treatments without certain effect, ie “inconclusive,” usually recommend AGAINST continuing that treatment until further studies can be done.

This masking thing has been quite a journey. In three years we've gone through these 7 steps and possibly more:

1) you don’t need to wear a mask (based on actual previous data)
    2) wear some kind of cloth face covering (we only said #1 to save supplies for medical people). (As an aside, I remember standing in line at a convenience store behind a guy with a neck gaiter on. I forgot my mask. Had t-shirt pulled over my nose and mouth. They wouldn’t serve me because I didn’t have a proper face covering)
    3) you need to wear masks outside
    4) cloth and homemade masks actually don’t work. You should wear a surgical mask or a KN/N-95
    5) you don’t actually have to wear masks outside
    5) But, you should wear two masks inside
    6) actually, one is fine. But it should be a “well fitting” surgical mask or KN/N-95. (Another aside….did anyone ever tell American men that having a beard precludes having a “well-fitting mask?”)
    7) studies have not shown conclusively that masking for three years did anything. But that’s not because masks don’t work. It’s because people don’t use them correctly.

Turn Off Ads?