Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2022-23 Part 3: Big Buck Hunters

Re: NBA 2022-23 Part 3: Big Buck Hunters

Lets say the Celtics decide to blow things up or realize that Jaylen Brown won't want to stay. Would a sign and trade of Brown to LA for Davis plus X work? What would X have to consist of? Likely not a good fit for many reasons but just curious what others think.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Lets say the Celtics decide to blow things up or realize that Jaylen Brown won't want to stay. Would a sign and trade of Brown to LA for Davis plus X work? What would X have to consist of? Likely not a good fit for many reasons but just curious what others think.
    I think that would be a disaster of a trade for Boston. Not saying it wouldn't happen, but I'd think a guy who could play with the ball and create for himself/others (e.g. Dame) would be a better fit.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Michael Winger to run the Wiz. Good luck to you, sir.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/05/...ds-roster.html
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Michael Winger to run the Wiz. Good luck to you, sir.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/05/...ds-roster.html

Well, the ECF just got interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Well, the ECF just got interesting.
    Yep that 1st quarter Boston came out and punched Miami in the mouth and they never recovered...momentum is a hell of a drug for any sports team.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Yep that 1st quarter Boston came out and punched Miami in the mouth and they never recovered...momentum is a hell of a drug for any sports team.
    Game 6 is basically Game 7 for Miami. No way would Boston lose a Game 7 in Boston, not after fighting back down 0-3
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Game 6 is basically Game 7 for Miami. No way would Boston lose a Game 7 in Boston, not after fighting back down 0-3
    The Celtics have such a weird team psychology that it's hard to know what they'll do in a given situation. So Boston could win Game 6, get happy with itself and then bottle a Game 7. Though Miami is up against it as Game 6 is a must-win, but they can't say that out loud, even among themselves. Also, Miami can't chalk up last night to a bad game. Overall they shot pretty well last night. They also got after it on defense. Didn't make any difference. They got beat by a better team.

The Heat are still holding the advantage. They've got two shots at closing this series. Their formula will be to keep to it close with their defense, frustrate the Celtics and get on a heater. It worked three times already. Yet Boston has remembered it's got better players.
    Last edited by M2; 05-26-2023 at 12:24 PM.

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-29-2023),Revering4Blue (05-26-2023)

The Celtics have such a weird team psychology that it's hard to know what they'll do in a given situation. So Boston could win Game 6, get happy with itself and then bottle a Game 7. Though Miami is up against it as Game 6 is a must-win, but they can't say that out loud, even among themselves. Also, Miami can't chalk up last night to a bad game. Overall they shot pretty well last night. They also got after on defense. Didn't make any difference. They got beat by a better team.

The Hear are still holding the advantage. They've got two shots at closing this series. Their formula will be to keep to it close with their defense, frustrate the Celtics and get on a heater. It worked three times already. Yet Boston has remembered it's got better players.
    If I am Spoelstra I really try and get under the skin of the Celtics in the first quarter force (Smart, Tatum, and Brown) into a highly emotional game as the Celtics can only ride the wave of good emotions for so long. They start making bad decisions when faced with adversity and forget who there most reliable scorers are...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

12. Likes:

M2 (05-26-2023),Revering4Blue (05-26-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    If I am Spoelstra I really try and get under the skin of the Celtics in the first quarter force (Smart, Tatum, and Brown) into a highly emotional game as the Celtics can only ride the wave of good emotions for so long. They start making bad decisions when faced with adversity and forget who there most reliable scorers are...
    Even more than that, Boston gets in trouble when it stops moving the ball. Sometimes it reverts to one guy pounding the ball into the court for 15 seconds and then charging at the defense to take on off-balance shot. When the ball touches a lot of hands and finds the open man, they're deadly. And it opens up space for Tatum and Brown to operate.

14. Likes:

klw (05-26-2023),Revering4Blue (05-26-2023)

Even more than that, Boston gets in trouble when it stops moving the ball. Sometimes it reverts to one guy pounding the ball into the court for 15 seconds and then charging at the defense to take on off-balance shot. When the ball touches a lot of hands and finds the open man, they're deadly. And it opens up space for Tatum and Brown to operate.
    It's the same old story. Keep the ball moving and the players moving and you win basketball games.

16. Likes:

M2 (05-26-2023),Revering4Blue (05-26-2023)

Interesting to see the odds calculation on Game 6 - https://nbarankings.theringer.com/odds-machine.

The Ringer odds machine is giving Miami a 60% chance to win the series, but that's because it has two remaining chances to win it. It has the Celtics favored 59-41 for Game 6. Should Boston win, it's odds would jump to 81-19 for Game 7.

So Miami is favored in the series, but Boston is the solid favorite in each game.

OMG, Derrick White!

Wow. Terrible look on the desperate 3…almost went in…but the tip-in!

Sports!

Turn Off Ads?