Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVII

Re: Covid-19 Part XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I don’t know if Bob is being sarcastic but Sea Ray is nothing if not highly critical of the upward transfer of wealth in this country. Most of his COVID posts have avoided the culture war side of the discussion and hyper-focused on the opportunistic corruption of this country’s most wealthy business folks and government officials. Meanwhile, l*berals refuse to discuss it.
    Well said, as usual, Lary.

Left leaning folks were not duped at all in regard to the largest wealth transfer in modern history.

The Man tried to distract them with meaningless facts and figures such as describing the unequal impact of COVID based on ethnicity, but they said "nice try, but not this time, distractor man."
    I believe there is a special place in hell for people that buy entities that others "root for" and treat it like any other regular business from a profit/loss standpoint.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

L*bs have been minimizing the wealth transfer by mocking how we say “THE wealth transfer.” It is frustrating because it’s actually a great piece of criticism.

If trusting THE wealth transfer is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
    I believe there is a special place in hell for people that buy entities that others "root for" and treat it like any other regular business from a profit/loss standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    If you are Little Leaguer its a great rule. But otherwise its foolish.
    Extras prior to the rule change were great if you liked to pretend you liked low energy extras in forgettable regular season contests. I've been at enough games and in enough game threads to see people flee that drudgery en masse. It was the entertainment equivalent of watching paint dry. Purely observational, but sure looks like a lot more people stick around now because of the prospect of something happening from the first pitch of the 10th.

Anyway, I'm getting my way on this from here to the end of all our days with the added bonus of not being the guy shaking my fist at a cloud.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Extras prior to the rule change were great if you liked to pretend you liked low energy extras in forgettable regular season contests. I've been at enough games and in enough game threads to see people flee that drudgery en masse. It was the entertainment equivalent of watching paint dry. Purely observational, but sure looks like a lot more people stick around now because of the prospect of something happening from the first pitch of the 10th.

Anyway, I'm getting my way on this from here to the end of all our days with the added bonus of not being the guy shaking my fist at a cloud.
    C'mon man - don't you know that prior to 2020, no one shook a fist at a cloud that only then did "the greatest wealth transfer known to man" happened and its all because once you get to the 10th inning each team starts with a runner on 2nd (not my favorite thing, but not the end of the world either).
    Where we gonna go?

7. Likes:

M2 (05-31-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post

I love shaking my fist at a cloud. It relieves a lot of stress.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

A study on whether the lockdowns worked:

Lockdowns prevented relatively few deaths compared to a typical flu season – in England and Wales, 18,500–24,800 flu deaths occur, in Europe 72,000 flu deaths occur, and in the United States 38,000 flu deaths occur in a typical flu season

These results pale in comparison to the Imperial College of London’s modelling exercises (March 2020), which predicted that lockdowns would save over 400,000 lives in the United Kingdom and over 2 million lives in the United States

Herby, Jonung, and Hanke conclude that voluntary changes in behaviour, such as social distancing, played a significant role in mitigating the pandemic – but harsher restrictions, like stay-at-home rules and school closures, generated very high costs but produced only negligible health benefits

COVID-19 lockdowns were “a global policy failure of gigantic proportions,” according to this peer-reviewed new academic study. The draconian policy failed to significantly reduce deaths while imposing substantial social, cultural, and economic costs.
    https://iea.org.uk/publications/did-...-restrictions/

Three years and two months after the pandemic started, my dad finally contracted covid. Of course, it was in a hospital, which has always been a source of infections. Other than being 93, he has no risk factors, so it's hard to say if he ever had it before, but I doubt it.

Basically, masks and social distancing will delay the virus, but we're all going to get it sooner or later.

Single largest wealth transfer in modern history.

Quickly followed by equally unprecedented Greedflation.

But sure... "Stop the Spread" and all that...

Hooray! The pandemic is officially over. We have a 1000 posts and this thread is closed.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

13. Likes:

westofyou (06-06-2023)

Turn Off Ads?