Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tejay Antone in the bullpen?

Re: Tejay Antone in the bullpen?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Antone just threw 3 IP today, which is the longest outing by a Reds pitcher so far this spring. Maybe he still winds up in the pen, but the IP today seem like a clear indicator he's getting a look for the rotation.
    Why the heck not. I know he’s old but kinda reminds me of the way arrietta came out of the scrap heap from Baltimore (I think).

Do I think gets going to be the best pitcher in baseball for 3 years like arrietta was? No. But at least he has upside.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Ahem
    don't quote yourself. it's unbecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Antone just threw 3 IP today, which is the longest outing by a Reds pitcher so far this spring. Maybe he still winds up in the pen, but the IP today seem like a clear indicator he's getting a look for the rotation.
    Maybe they are beginning to think Miley won't be ready - they did make that public statement about bringing him along slowly. Maybe Miley is the middle innings guy for Antone and Lorenzen. That would be quite a change of pace for the hitters.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (03-09-2021)

Sam Dykstra
    @SamDykstraMiLB
    ·
    15h
    Anyone looking for a Spin King?

#Reds RHP Tejay Antone featured the highest spin rate on any fastball (2,999 rpm) AND curveball (3,376 rpm) measured by Statcast today.

7. Likes:

Edd Roush (03-09-2021),WildcatFan (03-09-2021)

I don’t know why Lorenzen is considered for starting other than due to limiting innings for starters this year. So I answered my own question

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Maybe they are beginning to think Miley won't be ready - they did make that public statement about bringing him along slowly. Maybe Miley is the middle innings guy for Antone and Lorenzen. That would be quite a change of pace for the hitters.
    Guessing Miley will be begin in the rotation or the IL.

If he’s not fully healthy guessing he does rehab work at the Alternative Facility for awhile.

Doubt they’d put him in the pen if he’s not fully recovered.
    Last edited by Kc61; 03-09-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I don’t know why Lorenzen is considered for starting other than due to limiting innings for starters this year. So I answered my own question
    Just my thoughts. Try to move Lorenzen and Aquino for a SS at the end of camp. Antone could cover Lorenzen if he were to start, and guys like Noe Ramirez and Cam Bedrosian could cover the innings in the pen. If they plan on using Aquino like last year, there’s really no point in keeping him around. I know it’s not a sexy name. But maybe target Crawford with SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Just my thoughts. Try to move Lorenzen and Aquino for a SS at the end of camp. Antone could cover Lorenzen if he were to start, and guys like Noe Ramirez and Cam Bedrosian could cover the innings in the pen. If they plan on using Aquino like last year, there’s really no point in keeping him around. I know it’s not a sexy name. But maybe target Crawford with SF.

If they have the depth to do this I agree with it.

I don’t like Crawford, but this is great outside the box thinking.

How about this:

Reds get:

Wily Adames

Rays get:

Lorenzen
    Aquino
    Callihan
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t like Crawford, but this is great outside the box thinking.

How about this:

Reds get:

Wily Adames

Rays get:

Lorenzen
    Aquino
    Callihan
    That would be excellent. Seems like the Rays are getting fleeced though. Throw in Austin Hendrick and they might not hang up the phone right away.
    Last edited by Griffey012; 03-09-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

14. Likes:

BillDoran (03-09-2021)

I love Antone and he should be in the rotation, but starting to get some real steroid-era vibes from this spin rate thing. Don’t understand the public hysterics about rising strikeout rates and the simultaneous acceptance of pitchers dipping their finger tips in gorilla glue. Seems like simply enforcing the existing rule would solve a lot of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    That would be excellent. Seems like the Rays are getting fleeced though. Throw in Austin Hendrick and they might not hang up the phone right away.
    OMG no. What an overpay.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-09-2021),Tuff Nut (03-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    OMG no. What an overpay.
    I'm not saying I would do that, but the Rays aren't going to trade a solid 25 year old controllable SS for a pending FA multi inning arm and a few throw ins. We would have to include a pretty decent prospect.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

19. Likes:

BillDoran (03-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I'm not saying I would do that, but the Rays aren't going to trade a solid 25 year old controllable SS for a pending FA multi inning arm and a few throw ins. We would have to include a pretty decent prospect.
    That’s why I was thinking Crawford. Would leave the position open next year. Gives a year to decide on Garcia or another route. He’s pretty much a lock to put up 2 WAR. Had past playoff experience. And you’re not giving up pieces that aren’t covered elsewhere to get him in my proposal.

That’s why I was thinking Crawford. Would leave the position open next year. Gives a year to decide on Garcia or another route. He’s pretty much a lock to put up 2 WAR. Had past playoff experience. And you’re not giving up pieces that aren’t covered elsewhere to get him in my proposal.
    Crawford is making 15 million this year, I doubt the Reds will add that much salary.

Turn Off Ads?