Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WVU Basketball 2020-21 - The Journey to Indianapolis

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: WVU Basketball 2020-21 - The Journey to Indianapolis

I came away from that KU/WV very impressed by the 'Neers. If you guys get another chance at the Jayhawks, kick them in the gut for me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Big win tonight @ #7 Texas Tech 82-71. Even bigger considering Taz Sherman was out for the game, and both Deuce and Culver were in foul trouble....Deuce missed half the 1st half and Culver sat half the 2nd half. Sean McNeil was huge starting for Taz and knocking down 5 of 7 from 3 for 26 Points. Deuce had 20 and Culver had 15 Points.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

This WVU team is hard on the blood pressure. We were down 10 points at halftime @ #12 Texas. The Texas lead balloons to 19 points in the 2nd half....then like so many times this year, we began to storm back to take the lead and win 84-82. The second time this year we have came back from a 19 point deficit in the 2nd half to win.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Huggins is closing in on 900 wins. He is currently @ 897 with 4 regular season games remaining on the schedule. All 4 are home games....Kansas State, #2 Baylor, TCU & OK State.

He is also chasing down Roy Williams (899) and Bob Knight (902). There is a chance that he catches and/or passes both this season.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Just been looking back through some of the numbers in recent games....and when did WVU become Kansas? I am not sure what is going on, but we have been getting a good to very favorable whistle in recent weeks. The free throw discrepancy is getting a little embarrassing.....and we have been known to not get many good whistle nights in the Big 12 for a decade. I am sure a big part of it is we basically do not play much defense anymore.

FTA's in last 4 games...

WVU - 33 TCU - 17
    WVU - 37 Texas - 10
    WVU - 21 Oklahoma - 10
    WVU - 39 Tex Tech - 20
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Have no idea what to expect from this team at this point. This WVU team played #1 Gonzaga tougher than any team in the country....led at the half and had the lead until about 6 minutes left in the game, and lost by 5 points on a neutral court. This WVU team played #2 Baylor tougher than any team in the country (except the Kanas game when they were returning from break and was not themselves)....led until 13 seconds left in regulation and lost by 5 points in OT. It is also the same team that is coming off an embarrassing loss to Oklahoma State at home....an OK State team without their two best players.

I probably need them to win the Big12 Tournament to truly buy back in.....it starts tomorrow @ 11:30 AM against the OK State team that just beat us on our court.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

And they lose again to Oklahoma State.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Huggins doesn’t win his 900th game NEXT season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    And they lose again to Oklahoma State.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Huggins doesn’t win his 900th game NEXT season.
    I hope you are wrong, but no it would not be shocking. OK State is rolling, and proved it yesterday by knocking off Baylor. We should have won both games, but just did not execute on critical possessions....but what is more worrisome is how young OK State is and their ability to execute in critical situations. OK State is going to be a problem next season...yes they lose Cunningham but most of their rotations is young and returning. Personally, I find them more dangerous when Cunningham is off the court and they put the ball in Avery Anderson's hands. On top of that, I think Mike Boynton is proving to be a top tier coach.

Did you watch the game? Culver had some virus or something...he had no energy and took a full bag of IV fluids at halftime. Deuce is playing a bad foot, but went toe to toe with Cunningham in the 1st Half....actually outplayed him on both ends, but the foot tightened up at the half. Our shooters were not hitting shots, OK State killed us on the boards, and we were still right there where McNeil hits the game tying 3 pointer a half second too late. Sure it is all woulda coulda shoulda stuff, but if Taz and McNeil can just shoot their normal percentages and Culver is healthy....I think this team should get to the Sweet 16.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

just have to post this for anyone that did not see the highlights on SportsCenter last night....WVU Women BB team was down by 7 points with less than a minute left in the game. They went on a 10 to 1 run over the final 57 seconds to win the game! The final play was just unbelievable.

different angle for final play....

https://twitter.com/WVUWBB/status/1370574622475845633
    Last edited by adkindo; 03-13-2021 at 07:42 AM.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I hope you are wrong, but no it would not be shocking. OK State is rolling, and proved it yesterday by knocking off Baylor. We should have won both games, but just did not execute on critical possessions....but what is more worrisome is how young OK State is and their ability to execute in critical situations. OK State is going to be a problem next season...yes they lose Cunningham but most of their rotations is young and returning. Personally, I find them more dangerous when Cunningham is off the court and they put the ball in Avery Anderson's hands. On top of that, I think Mike Boynton is proving to be a top tier coach.

Did you watch the game? Culver had some virus or something...he had no energy and took a full bag of IV fluids at halftime. Deuce is playing a bad foot, but went toe to toe with Cunningham in the 1st Half....actually outplayed him on both ends, but the foot tightened up at the half. Our shooters were not hitting shots, OK State killed us on the boards, and we were still right there where McNeil hits the game tying 3 pointer a half second too late. Sure it is all woulda coulda shoulda stuff, but if Taz and McNeil can just shoot their normal percentages and Culver is healthy....I think this team should get to the Sweet 16.
    Watched the last three minutes in Quaker Steak and Lube in Charleston.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I thought WVU was very fortunate to land on the #3 Seed line. I was expecting a #4 Seed after back to back losses to OK State. The only thing that really would make sense is if the committee really gave weight to "bad losses". Most expected OK State to be a higher seed than WVU, but OK State had two Quad 3 losses...compared to WVU who had not losses in Quad 3 or 4. WVU did not have any losses in Quad 2 at the beginning of the week, but apparently 2 teams slipped in the NET and went from Quad 1 losses to Quad 2 losses.

We have a favorable path to the Sweet 16....but it is March and anything is possible.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Watched the last three minutes in Quaker Steak and Lube in Charleston.
    Is that across the highway from the Range Rover dealership on Corridor G? It has been years since I have been back, but the last time I was there that place stuck out in my mind because I had never seen a fast food place attached to a place to get your oil changed.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Huggy Bear gets #900 as Deuce McBride introduces himself to the country with a NCAA Tournament debut line of 30 / 6 / 6. An old Big East foe in Syracuse awaits in the Round of 32.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I am so sick of all this West Virginia talk. These freakin' 'Neers better make it to the FF or I will never pick them again!

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Is that across the highway from the Range Rover dealership on Corridor G? It has been years since I have been back, but the last time I was there that place stuck out in my mind because I had never seen a fast food place attached to a place to get your oil changed.
    Pretty close. It’s down the hill from Cabelas.

Turn Off Ads?