Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XII

Re: Covid-19 Part XII

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Looking at today's number, the 7 day average is going to be plummeting down tonight. Very nice. A 3 figure number from Cali is good to see. As are NY, Florida, Michiga, PA and NJ posting reasonable numbers finally.
    Here's two things you have to remember about Flag Day:

1. It's the holiday Terry's dad bought him a plane in Reno 911.

2. It's the holiday RiverRat13 has predicted Ohio's cases will fall below the 50/100k threshold for two weeks that will lead to all restrictions lifted.

2. Likes:

redhawkfish (04-21-2021),Redsfaithful (04-21-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

It's my hope that we can have a 4th of July where most restrictions have been lifted because so many of us have our vaccines.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-22-2021)

Looking at today's number, the 7 day average is going to be plummeting down tonight. Very nice. A 3 figure number from Cali is good to see. As are NY, Florida, Michiga, PA and NJ posting reasonable numbers finally.
    Looks like California was around 2100 cases, which is still extremely good. Haven’t seen them post a sub 1000 number quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Looks like California was around 2100 cases, which is still extremely good. Haven’t seen them post a sub 1000 number quite yet.
    It was updated. When I posted, California was showing 933. Still a very nice number today overall compared to last Wednesday's number.

It was updated. When I posted, California was showing 933. Still a very nice number today overall compared to last Wednesday's number.
    https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/

This is their dashboard. I follow it closely because I’m getting married in California in July. They are down to about 5 per 100k which is one of if not the best in the country.

Jax uses Worldometer numbers, and they have a slightly lower California number (1982). No idea where Worldometer pulls its numbers from.

Congrats on the impending nuptials.

10. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (04-22-2021)

I bought concert tickets for a show at Newport Music Hall this September. Feels good.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-23-2021)

We here in south central Kansas peaked at 4,998 vaccine doses administered on March 22nd. Yesterday, there were 1,826 doses. Only 238 were first doses. Not great, Bob.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I bought concert tickets for a show at Newport Music Hall this September. Feels good.
    Booked a three day bender with the wife and another couple in Las Vegas for Memorial Day weekend. It does feel good.

Me and the wife had our 2nd dose of Pfizer this morning. So far just a sore arm for me. Nothing yet for her. But its only been about 5 1/2 hours. We got in and out as quick as possible. They took us straight in with no waiting. Got the vaccine and just waited out 15 minutes. About as easy as you can get.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

15. Likes:

goreds2 (04-22-2021),WrongVerb (04-22-2021)

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2021/...ne-levels.html

Dewine is considering switching to vaccine levels instead of case rates to lift restrictions like Kentucky. I like this as it sets a more controllable metric and encourages vaccines.

17. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-22-2021),mole44 (04-22-2021)

Dewine is considering switching to vaccine levels instead of case rates to lift restrictions like Kentucky. I like this as it sets a more controllable metric and encourages vaccines.
    Kentucky's metric is roughly 55% of the population. If DeWine went with something similar, Ohio would need around 6.6 million people vaccinated. Right now Ohio is just under 4.5 million vaccines started with demand seemingly starting to fall off.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Covid-19: Delhi hospitals run out of oxygen supplies

Six hospitals in the Indian capital Delhi have completely run out of oxygen and doctors say other hospitals have just a few hours' worth of supply left.

A number of people have died while waiting for oxygen, and more than 99% of all intensive care beds are full.

India is in the grips of a second wave of Covid infections and on Thursday recorded the highest one-day tally of new cases anywhere in the world.

The country has recorded close to 16 million confirmed infections.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

He'll have to do something like that. I've said all along that his 450 cases/day metric wouldn't be met and pressure would build for him to drop mandates

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    It's my hope that we can have a 4th of July where most restrictions have been lifted because so many of us have our vaccines.
    I'd like to see things lifted by Memorial Day

Good news. The vax is helping the C19 Long Haulers

https://khn.org/news/article/mysteri...-long-haulers/

Turn Off Ads?