Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Season: Playoffs + Hiring/Firing time

Re: 2020 NFL Season: Playoffs + Hiring/Firing time

Big hat tip to Bruce Arians.

I remember him being the hated OC in Cleveland.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-08-2021),RiverRat13 (02-08-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Mons Venus is going to be tough to get into tonight....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

5. Likes:

Chip R (02-08-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I know KC had an uphill battle with their line issues, but I doubt many people predicted them scoring 0 touchdowns tonight.

only 1 player (JPP) from the Bucs made the Pro Bowl this season
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I feel most sorry for the companies that paid millions for a 4th quarter TV ad.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

It's stunning what fools Tom Brady made of everyone with his personal picks of "get this guy, get this guy, get this guy", where they accounted for four touchdowns today from Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski and Leonard Fournette. I mean, the Bucs were already loaded in all three positions with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin at WR, Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard at TE, and Ronald Jones at RB.

Give Bucs Ownership and their G.M. credit to be smart enough to listen to the man with six, now seven Super Bowl rings and four, now five Super Bowl MVP trophies.

Simply amazing.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

10. Likes:

kaldaniels (02-10-2021),Revering4Blue (02-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Big hat tip to Bruce Arians.

I remember him being the hated OC in Cleveland.
    Not very recently he quit the Cardinals even though he had a lot of control. It wasn't quite right for him. I forgot what made him leave, just that it was surprising. He did great there with what he had to work with.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Vegas releases odds for next years SuperBowl.....

1. Chiefs - 11-2
    2. Packers - 9-1
    3. Bucs - 11-1

It's like we did not just watch the Bucs beat the Chiefs and Packers! The Bucs should mostly return as is....they are not in a bad salary cap position. I think Fournette will leave, and I am not sure they will be able to keep both Shaq Barrett & Chris Godwin. My gut says that they may bring back Barrett and allow Godwin to leave if someone pays him. I think AB and Gronk will be back.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I know KC had an uphill battle with their line issues, but I doubt many people predicted them scoring 0 touchdowns tonight.
    When you're missing your two starting Guards on the O-line, and believe me TB knew this going in, I think DC Bowles laid out a beautiful defensive scheme centered on pressuring, disrupting Mahomes, and the rest would fall into place. Mahomes was the key (obviously). IMO, he looked terrible last night, totally out of his game. And to basically shut down Hill? Wow!

I get to pat myself on the back on this one, because I called it. And that don't happen that often, and why I don't gamble. I just watched TB's defense in the post-season, how they approached Brees and then Rodgers (two experienced veteran QBs), and it seemed they were peaking. Plus the fact that KC couldn't get any type of running attack going. But again, that goes back to the key losses on the O-line for KC.

I can't stand professional athletes that turn into whiny-ass sore losers and try to start fights when they get smoked (lol). Safety Mathieu gets that award. That's all he did was whine (and get burned). But I'd love to know what Brady said to him when he ran up to him after hitting AB for a TD? It had to have something to do with the end of the play, after the TD was called, and Mathieu was still on top of Brown fighting.

And of course there was Winfield's peace sign taunt to Hill on the incomplete pass. LOL If you're gonna give it, ya gotta take it boys!

KC was taken out of their game early, and could never recover.

Tom Brady is something else. He was instrumental in bringing Gronk, Brown, and Fournette - all key players in the SB win - to TB this year.
    Last edited by GAC; 02-08-2021 at 04:33 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

14. Likes:

adkindo (02-08-2021),Revering4Blue (02-08-2021),Rojo Rijo (02-08-2021),Tony Cloninger (02-08-2021)

The only good thing about that game is that in a quirk of roster management, the Bucs had THREE offensive linemen from James Madison on their roster, including starting RG Aaron Stinnie who didn’t make his first career start until this year’s playoffs. So I’m happy that 3 of my JMU Dukes got a SB ring last night. (Josh Wells and Earl Watford are the other two.)
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

16. Likes:

Chip R (02-08-2021),GAC (02-10-2021),kaldaniels (02-10-2021),Kingspoint (02-08-2021),Revering4Blue (02-08-2021)

Confidence is good. KC went to full arrogance and almost entitlement. Talking about dynasties when you’re just barely into your 2nd super bowl. I was reading that Mahones was being talked about breaking Brady’s SB win record? How about waiting until he subs his 2nd or even go to 4 of them. The same amount that Brady has lost. It’s getting a little to over the top. Which happens every time you have the next big thing. Like when Rodgers was the was going to win a few SB as well.
    Mahones may be Rodgers and Steve Young combination and can win 4 SB at least. But some of these writers and players really are over the top with this dynasty stuff.

18. Likes:

GAC (02-10-2021),Kingspoint (02-10-2021),Revering4Blue (02-08-2021)

Even those Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Jay Novacek, Alvin Harper Dallas Cowboys teams only won 3. I mean, they probably win more if Jerry Jones didn't think Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer were interchangeable, but that's kind of the point. Those sorts of things tend to happen. The situation in NE with all the stability is awfully rare. And there obviously aren't many guys like Tom Brady in the first place.

I recall Dan Marino claiming that he just assumed he would be in the SuperBowl many times after making it his rookie season.....he never made it back to the SuperBowl. In the NFL, things can change fast. Knock on wood, but guys like Kelce and Hill are like every other player only one snap away from a career altering injury....and then what does the KC offense look like? I just think it is crazy to assume a QB will win 2-3 SuperBowls going forward when we have a long history of that rarely ever happening. The good fortune that Tom Brady has had to remain healthy for the most part for 20 seasons is stupid crazy, and nothing close should ever be expected of a young player.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

21. Likes:

Chip R (02-09-2021),kaldaniels (02-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Confidence is good. KC went to full arrogance and almost entitlement. Talking about dynasties when you’re just barely into your 2nd super bowl. I was reading that Mahones was being talked about breaking Brady’s SB win record? How about waiting until he subs his 2nd or even go to 4 of them. The same amount that Brady has lost. It’s getting a little to over the top. Which happens every time you have the next big thing. Like when Rodgers was the was going to win a few SB as well.
    Mahones may be Rodgers and Steve Young combination and can win 4 SB at least. But some of these writers and players really are over the top with this dynasty stuff.
    It seems they want to pre-determine the outcome. Sometimes I think they on Vegas' bookie payroll (lol)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Steel must be negotiating for the Eagles regarding Wentz. Teams are telling them they are out of their minds and that they are way overvaluing the opinion on Wentz around the NFL. The Colts told Steel (the Eagles) that they need to include another player besides Wentz to get the deal done, while the Bears are losing patience with them. Steel (the Eagles) want what the RAMS gave for Stafford.

Turn Off Ads?