Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Absolutely.

Bama players as a whole traditionally underperform in the NFL compared to college. They are essentially Duke in basketball. Coach K and Saban know how to milk their talent before sending their carcass off to the pros.

Ohio State doesn’t have that problem with other teams, specifically on defense. But the small sample size the Bengals have drafted hasn’t panned out. (Hubbard may be serviceable)

The one SEC team the Bengals have had a decent track record with at least under Marvin was Georgia. AJ Green and Clint Boling were great picks. David Pollack is a matter of what could have been and the same with Odell Thurman.
    Those names came to mind before Geno Atkins???

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    By my count and memory 3 Heisman winning QB's have won the Super Bowl. One did not play QB in the NFL and that would be Paul Hornung. Staubach and Plunkett would be the others. Paul and Roger are in the HoF.
    You bring up an interesting point about Hornung. He was an excellent, and very versatile, player (multi-positions). But he wasn't seen as a QB necessarily, as much as a HB/FB who could pass (lol). Solid kicker too. But Starr was the team's starting QB since '59. He was on the GB team for Super Bowl #1, but due to a pinched nerve in his neck didn't play. He ended up retiring because of it.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I hope the Brown family was all huddled together watching the game, and saw what this kid was capable of BEHIND A SOLID OFFENSIVE LINE!

[just in case Mike needed reminding]

The kid don't miss! We're talking a pass completion rate sightly under 80%! That's right... 80%! Unreal

Sure, in this game, they were playing a team (Oklahoma) that is from a conference that's not known for defense. And the Sooner's lived up to that standard. That 14 pt spread was simply being kind. This was a mis-match from the beginning (LOL).

But even so .... I was watching Burrows, watching this kid's behavior (and arm) in all these different scenarios (pocket, scrambling, under pressure, etc), where he was throwing it ... sometimes, where the hell are you throwing it! LOL .... this kid is smart, doesn't seem to rattle easily, has poise, and he puts the ball where it needs to go. I swear, a couple of those passes, while under an extreme rush, I thought he was throwing out of bounds. I couldn't believe where he was putting the ball so accurately. This kid is a competitor.

Think about this.... QBs Mayfield, Jackson, and now Burrows. All recent Heisman winners. All in the AFC North. Mayfield better pan out! LMAO
    Last edited by GAC; 12-29-2019 at 06:48 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

If I were to conceive of the ideal quarterback I’d want the Bengals to draft, I think he would look exactly like Joe Burrow.

Classic pocket passer first, but mobile with outstanding pocket presence. Incredible accuracy and efficiency. Prototypical size. Extremely hard working and cerebral. Humble. Has experienced and overcome personal adversity. Clutch performer who always seems to shine brightest on the biggest stage against the best competition. Ohio native.

It’s actually incredible. Of course you never know how it’s going to work out, but I can’t think of another quarterback that’s come out since Andrew Luck that I’d rather have the #1 pick for.
    Go BLUE!!!

7. Likes:

membengal (12-29-2019),paintmered (12-29-2019),Redsfaithful (12-29-2019),Sea Ray (12-29-2019)

I can't see Burrow being a bust. I think his Day 1 floor is Andy Dalton. If he's his floor it would be disappointing, but I wouldn't label him a bust. I think his ceiling is Drew Brees.

"So Fla Red"

Yep and maybe the best hope to reignite the local fanbase and change the perception of the franchise ahead of the team lease negotiation in 2026. The kid should be the starting QB the next 12-15 years.

Mike Brown & Co have a golden opportunity if they can find 2 above average OL and another #2 or better WR in the offseason.

Burrow needs to start Day 1

You know the Steelers will find a way after Ben is put to pasture, but they are looking at Jackson, Burrow and Mayfield in the AFC North for the next decade

Let the TankforTrevor mania begin next August

10. Likes:

RiverRat13 (12-29-2019)

So happy to see you all join me and a few others who have been on the Burrow wagon since early October. It’s a pleasant ride.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

12. Likes:

WVRed (12-29-2019)

Sad story involving a former Bengal:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lo-died-friday
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Those names came to mind before Geno Atkins???
    Oops. Forgot Geno.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Sad story involving a former Bengal:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lo-died-friday
    My heart goes out to Marvin and his family...

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    So happy to see you all join me and a few others who have been on the Burrow wagon since early October. It’s a pleasant ride.
    The said - when I hopped on the wagon I was thinking about picking around #10 overall...I didn’t see him going quite this nuclear...

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I can't see Burrow being a bust. I think his Day 1 floor is Andy Dalton. If he's his floor it would be disappointing, but I wouldn't label him a bust. I think his ceiling is Drew Brees.
    I agree on the floor, but he’s got a better arm than Brees. Brees is undersized but makes up for it with pinpoint accuracy.

That said, it’ll never happen, but I’d love to see Joe Brady follow Burrow here.

4 - play opening drive for CLE.

Knotted at 7 and Mixon gets his 1,000 yards.

Turn Off Ads?