Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/23/2013 Brewers at Reds

Re: 8/23/2013 Brewers at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    The difference is they're reacting to the game, while you're criticizing and judging other posters. Not even close to the same thing.

I never get "upset" about anything said in a game thread, but the constant negativity about the players on ORG gets old, and ironically many of the same posters who are guilty of it on that forum, are the same ones who are so critical of other posters in game threads. Bunch of hypocrites, IMO.

And I have no desire to send any private messages, to you or anyone else. I'm glad OBM went that route though, because someone needs to open your eyes.
    That's silly logic. If someone overreacts and their overreaction is corrected, how is that not reacting to the game? Are they not allowed to have their opinions challenged?

It's just funny you of all people are calling others hypocrites. Like I said, you have been called out repeatedly for complaining about others criticizing players. You go out of your way to mention everytime someone is criticized that you don't like how this forum "brings down" all the Reds players constantly.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

refresh me on the ignore option please.....
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Paul hit previously.
    my bad, then yes MEZ should have hit there

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    At this stage of his career, Philips only grades out at about average range wise.
    Did you get what I was doing?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I still don't see the point. I don't see how adults are justified in going on a message board and acting a fool because they're frustrated about a baseball game. We all get frustrated. But it doesn't justify overreacting. This is a place for discussion not venting.
    This is the last time I'm going to address this and then I'll let it drop. The message board is a place for discussion. Granted. The game thread is a different animal. I tend to use it for discussion, but I have zero problem with it also being a place for off-the-cuff remarks and spontaneous statements. Emotion. This is the one thread on this board that doesn't follow the normal flow. And I enjoy that normally. When the thread police stop by and gripe about the quality of the thread instead of the quality of play...that's when I stop enjoying it. If I want to give someone a virtual high-five...this is the place. I for one am isolated in my reds-fandom. This is my outlet. If you don't want to see overreactions and spontaneous venting...this might not be the thread for you because that's not going to change any time soon.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 08-23-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Clearly...I don't know the meaning of "the last time". hehehe

7. Likes:

George Foster (08-23-2013),Larkin Fan (08-23-2013),New York Red (08-23-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-23-2013),texasdave (08-23-2013),TheBigLebowski (08-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Paul hit previously.
    I would have tried -- maybe no one would notice

I miss Raisor

9. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (08-23-2013)

I'll let the mods handle that. I've did nothing wrong. I took matters private instead of getting personal (like some).

Nice job by Christiani in his MLB debut.

new guy = OK!

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    my bad, then yes MEZ should have hit there
    Are we so jaded by how Dusty manages, that it's not that big of a deal that Dusty did not hit Mez who is a better hitter, has power, and can play Hannigan's position?

I think it was a really big mistake...you put the best guy you got it that situation to hit...it was the 8th, 2 down, 2 outs...
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

There is an ignore function. We need to use it.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'll let the mods handle that. I've did nothing wrong. I took matters private instead of getting personal (like some).
    But you did get personal. I'll gladly forward your private messages if you want to go down that route. If you're ashamed of what you are saying by private message, then you just shouldn't say it. Don't send people harassing messages and then complain when you're called on it.

I've got nothing to hide. My thoughts are out in the open. I'm not going to hide behind PM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    If you want to win the division, you can't lose games to the Brewers at home.
    You can if you beat the Cardinals and Pirates on the road

17. Likes:

kbrake (08-23-2013)

Bottom of the ninth. Gotta believe we can do this. Two to tie, three to win.

Very, very borderline strike 2 call on Hannahan.

Turn Off Ads?