Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville Basketball Scandal---- are the cardinals about to be cooked?

Re: Louisville Basketball Scandal---- are the cardinals about to be cooked?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    My feeling is that this sort of thing is widespread across the country. I had family in Morgantown when RichRod was at WVU - they claimed that it wasn't a secret among the community that his wife was running a brothel for recruits.

There were photos going around on Twitter recently of Alabama football recruits and their sorority "hosts".
    Lol, his wife was "running a brothel." I'm sure that rumor was based in reality.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My feeling is that this sort of thing is widespread across the country. I had family in Morgantown when RichRod was at WVU - they claimed that it wasn't a secret among the community that his wife was running a brothel for recruits.

There were photos going around on Twitter recently of Alabama football recruits and their sorority "hosts".
    I saw this played out in "He's got game" over 15 years ago.

Why do folks act surprised?

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-03-2015),cumberlandreds (10-03-2015),Revering4Blue (10-03-2015),WMR (10-03-2015)

If you're going to cheat, why not just give the kids cash? Why involve a middle(wo)man who could eventually sell her story? Doesn't make sense.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    If you're going to cheat, why not just give the kids cash? Why involve a middle(wo)man who could eventually sell her story? Doesn't make sense.
    You're doubting the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    You're doubting the story?
    I haven't seen enough details to have an opinion one way or the other. Just saying, it would be a dumb thing to do and an even dumber reason to get caught.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Pitino always has been slimy
    And Petrino takes exception to those words!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I saw this played out in "He's got game" over 15 years ago.

Why do folks act surprised?
    Can we do a remake of "Blue Chips" Louisville style? Call it "Red Chips"? College basketball, seedy women, and sex in restaurants. I smell an Oscar.

I'm really surprised that college recruits have sex with girls and women who want them to go to their school, who knew?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'm really surprised that college recruits have sex with girls and women who want them to go to their school, who knew?
    Always remember.....It's wrong if ya get caught.

12. Likes:

Redsfaithful (10-04-2015)

Nothing surprises me in college athletics anymore (especially in Morganhole) but living in WV that's the first I've heard that one.

One thing is for sure, Louisville has the horniest athletic department in the NCAA.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-04-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Nothing surprises me in college athletics anymore (especially in Morganhole) but living in WV that's the first I've heard that one.

One thing is for sure, Louisville has the horniest athletic department in the NCAA.
    As I understood it (and they only mentioned it once at the time), Mrs RichRod was responsible for arranging the meetings between the recruits and co-eds for those purposes; it wasn't a brothel in the overt sense. But it was a badly kept secret that it was going on.

At best, they knew this second-hand. But they were highly connected in the community and built a large social network during their time in Morgantown. They had no issue with the university (one got their Masters at WVU while there), so this isn't a poison pen allegation.

Regardless, this is stuff from a decade ago. I brought it up to suggest the Louisville allegations aren't unique, and not to cast stones towards WVU.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

It is alarming to me that we got championship coaches in hot water all the time anymore.

So ESPN had Matt Jones on today to talk about this scandal. Umm...that's not a particularly good choice if they were going for objective journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    So ESPN had Matt Jones on today to talk about this scandal. Umm...that's not a particularly good choice if they were going for objective journalism.
    Did Jones say anything about Pitino giving the girls a "taste test"? Inquiring minds want to know.

College's want to put their best foot forward when recruiting. Its why big programs use marquis games to bring in top level recruits. If you are an OSU coach, are you going to bring a prized recruit to Hawaii or the MSU or PSU night game? They also are going to have attractive women showing the guys around the campus. They aren't going to serve them dorm variety food, I would imagine they get a nice meal. Its all a part of the "sell" job. Now I would think that it is few and far between that a university is using an actual brothel to recruit players. If any of this is true, even one player, Pitano needs to be gone. But then again Williams has been cheating at UNC for years and keeps getting extensions.

20. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-05-2015),Revering4Blue (10-06-2015),WMR (10-05-2015)

Turn Off Ads?