Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Castellini Is Still A Believer

Re: Bob Castellini Is Still A Believer

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Look at the weak return for Chapman before ownership,got involved.

The original deal was for Peraza, Schebler and Dixon, the same return as for a Frazier.

I think it’s safe to say the Reds weren’t getting much for Chapman and Frazier, even if the domestic abuse cases never surfaced.
    So, before ownership got involved, the reds had a better deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice straw man, but guess again.
    What strawman? That’s literally what you just described.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think it’s a big assumption that Cast hired this GM.
    I think it was agreed upon when they bought the club that he'd be brought into this organization and eventually be promoted. Same with Jocketty's kid.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    So, before ownership got involved, the reds had a better deal?

What strawman? That’s literally what you just described.
    Lol, I guess we still need to go over what the word “literally” means.

I said he’s not completely in control anymore, not that he’s in control at all. I also said that he was convinced to do all this.
    A coup is done by force against the owners will.

So not a coup at all.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Lol, I guess we still need to go over what the word “literally” means.

I said he’s not completely in control anymore, not that he’s in control at all. I also said that he was convinced to do all this.
    A coup is done by force against the owners will.

So not a coup at all.
    You said he wants to spend more and do things differently, but he can’t. Basically the team is being run by others. Yes, he wasn’t held at gunpoint
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-25-2018)

Bob Sheed: (browsing Reds Tickets, about the hit the purchase button to buy 6 tickets for Friday Night Fireworks and a Reds Game)
    Bob Castellini: "I don't give a (spit)..."
    Bob Sheed: (closes Reds Tickets browser tab, opens up new tab, starts looking at FCC Home Game dates)

8. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-26-2018),GaiusBallstar (04-26-2018),Kinsm (04-25-2018),M2 (04-25-2018),membengal (04-25-2018),REDREAD (04-26-2018),RedTeamGo! (04-25-2018),Roy Tucker (04-25-2018),The Operator (04-25-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    That Frazier comment is also why I believe Larkin will end up being the next manager. I believe ownership is going to push for the fan favorite to come back to manage whether that is the right move or not.
    I don't know, it would appease a lot of fans but from all accounts the Reds FO isn't exactly happy with some of the comments Larkin has made regarding this rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Meh. . . .
    Likely squandered the best rotation and best hitter I'll probably ever see play for this organization.

11. Likes:

KYExtemper (04-25-2018),The Operator (04-25-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Didn’t say I wish him to die soon. My point was those wanting him to sell the team shouldn’t hold their breath. He isn’t going to sell, so he’s the owner until he dies.
    I won't be shocked when it's announced that his shares are sold to the Williams brothers.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (04-26-2018)

I'm not sure I understand the extreme position that ownership of a closely held business should be completely out of the decision making process. "Hey, Bob, and the rest of yuns, just shut up and sign the checks and put in the extra cash we need to make this thing work. Trust us." That's not a model of a closely held business that I'm familiar with, unless the owner is absentee, which clearly is not the case. The question isn't "why aren't baseball people making all the decisions?" Rather, it is "does the Reds ownership team need to improve their organizational structure so that good decisions are made at all levels." This "meddling owners" because they have input on major decisions is very unrealistic, and I would dare to say, not a best practice.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Bob Sheed: (browsing Reds Tickets, about the hit the purchase button to buy 6 tickets for Friday Night Fireworks and a Reds Game)
    Bob Castellini: "I don't give a (spit)..."
    Bob Sheed: (closes Reds Tickets browser tab, opens up new tab, starts looking at FCC Home Game dates)
    My biggest fear as a Reds fan, an entire generation of kids in this city being turned off of baseball and become soccer fans. In 20 years (70's fans are dead) this is a soccer city, baseball and football (if still here) are after thoughts.

Three owners. The son of one and nephew of another gets hired. How involved in that decision do you think the third owner was?
    Heavily.

The first sentence from C. Trent's writeup about yesterday's game "Most April wins don’t end with the owner, general manager and former general manager visiting the clubhouse."

Between that and being around for the firing of Price and all, Walt sure is a busy guy for someone deposed in a coup by the Williamses.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

17. Likes:

membengal (04-25-2018)

Circleville Guy

This really explains DW as the GM. He has a yes man that isn’t experienced and probably just rolls with whatever Bob says. Mike Brown has some serious competition for worst owner in that city. I’m a fan of both teams, there’s not a lot of highlights over the last 28 years. Smh

I think it’s a big assumption that Cast hired this GM.
    So the one baseball operations decision that he should have full control over and decide on he was not a big part of? And then gets his nose into key decisions on the front end of the process? That is completely backwards.

I would also fully support the notion that Bob is not particularly knowledgeable about the game of baseball.

Ultimately, he's a big part of the problem. He's the boss and allowed to hire the best leadership he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Not yet, but it's quickly growing. And FC is getting a stadium and likely a promotion to major league. All the while the Reds are rebuilding a rebuild.
    I love soccer, but MLS sucks and everyone who knows the game knows this.

And everyone loves a winner. If team wins, the fans come. Let’s not act like the Reds are doomed to their current state for the rest of eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    So the one baseball operations decision that he should have full control over and decide on he was not a big part of? And then gets his nose into key decisions on the front end of the process? That is completely backwards.
    You aren't aware of the coup? smh.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?