Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Re: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

I'm going to try to broker a peace here. Can we all agree that the Thibs Wolves were a mess as were last season's Sixers? There's a reason why both franchises cleaned house. In fact, Jimmy Butler turned out to be the canary in the coal mine in both cases.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-24-2020),Revering4Blue (11-24-2020),Rojo Rijo (11-25-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Saric was a draft-and-stash. The Sixers wanted to get him to the States, but didn't "court" him as much as they rescued him. Go read the article I posted earlier and see what he says about the Euroleague. The Sixers dealt him for the same reason a team deals any player- to acquire talent. Saric didn't take any shots at the organization on the way out. He expressed appreciation. He wasn't disgruntled at all until he got to experience the completely dysfunctional T-Wolves organization.
    It's not quite the same, but I remember guys crying when they were given their orders in the army they were heading to North Dakota for two years.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Nice. The SoDakHammer. You left that Midwest nice behind you. Have fun explaining that Carson Wentz sucks ‘cause he’s from NoDak, NOT SoDak.
    footnote: Top Seeded Philly just lost got destroyed by NE in the first round of the MLS playoffs. No bragging rights in soccer this year. Maybe the Sixers can recapture past glory in ‘21. I doubt it.
    I'm not sure what any of that means, has to do with NBA basketball, or why you decided to waste keystrokes on it.

The Timberwolves have been a joke of a franchise. The Sixers have been completely dysfunctional, save for the time Hinke spent there.

Whatever problem you have is between you and you.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's not quite the same, but I remember guys crying when they were given their orders in the army they were heading to North Dakota for two years.
    That'd make sense as North Dakota has no Army bases.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

7. Likes:

adkindo (11-24-2020)

Either they did in 1980, or it was an Air Force Base, as I was in school with all five branches. Reagan permanently closed a lot of bases in order to reduce the budget.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 11-24-2020 at 11:32 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

North Dakota has two Air Force bases and SoDak has one. The army has decided there is nothing to protect in either state.

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Either they did in 1980, or it was an Air Force Base, as I was in school with all five branches.
    Yeah, no Army bases. Cool story, though.

--Ted Williams

that would suck....the Army send you somewhere with no base or shelter.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

13. Likes:

goreds2 (11-25-2020),Kingspoint (11-25-2020),SteelSD (11-24-2020)

Kingspoint's friends still maintain a perimeter around Bismark to this day waiting on their discharge paperwork! (I am only kidding with you.)
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-25-2020),SteelSD (11-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    that would suck....the Army send you somewhere with no base or shelter.

And no COVID-19. With the nation’s highest positivity rate, SoDak has not asked their citizens to adjust to COVID, outside of Brookings, no masks, no staying at home, nothing.

Did someone in this thread really talk MLS smack?!? What world is this?

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Did someone in this thread really talk MLS smack?!? What world is this?
    I think Betterread is trying to trash talk. It's super cute. Sort of like a puppy yipping away at a T-Rex.

You just want to give him scritches.

--Ted Williams

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    And no COVID-19. With the nation’s highest positivity rate, SoDak has not asked their citizens to adjust to COVID, outside of Brookings, no masks, no staying at home, nothing.
    I am not sure what the whole conversation is even about....I just had this image in my head from a slapstick comedy sketch of someone arriving in a location after joining the military and nobody was there.

In regards to the positivity rate...in my experience, every region has kind of taken it's turn of being the hot spot. The media picks certain states to focus on and make it a huge issue based on an agenda. I recall when Florida and Texas was struggling, every night the media was just taking a hammer to the state political leaders....and at the same time California and a few other places were struggling as bad and worse in some cases, yet they were rarely mentioned. Yes, SD has got his hard lately, but the largest % increase in cases this past week was in New Mexico and Virginia.....yet most of the media do not seem interested in them. It is not that they are lying about South Dakota, it is that the media is focused on it because of a separate agenda.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Kingspoint's friends still maintain a perimeter around Bismark to this day waiting on their discharge paperwork! (I am only kidding with you.)
    Well, they were kinda,...ya know,...funny lookin'.

I have not been to this thread for awhile now. What is your opinions of my 76ers draft and trades?
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?