Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 8-26-20

Re: Reds @ Brewers 8-26-20

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Doesn’t answer my question.
    Ask the Reds, I've already given my opinion on the matter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    You expect Reds to accept a forfeit made for this reason?

Just curious.
    Why shouldn't the reds accept a forfeit if the Brewers refuse to play. If it's up to me I hope they play tonight play win or lose the game on the field
    Crazy Reds Fan

4. Likes:

DocRed (08-26-2020),Phoenix2 (08-26-2020),REDREAD (08-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I saw on Twitter that the Magic didn't accept the Bucks' forfeit so the game turned into suspended status. I wonder if the Reds would have to make that decision.
    In this situation, the commissioner needs to step in and say "you didn't show up, it's a forfeit".
    Why should it be up to the opposing team?
    Again, I am not debating what they are protesting, but it's their job to show up and play the game.
    As soon as you let the players arbitrarily decide when they are going to show up and when they aren't, and there's no consequences, then the sport is just out of control.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

6. Likes:

DocRed (08-26-2020),Rolando (08-26-2020)

if they postpone this game, that will be the last straw for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    if they postpone this game, that will be the last straw for me.
    I mean it's your call, but that's what would finally do it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    In this situation, the commissioner needs to step in and say "you didn't show up, it's a forfeit".
    Again, I am not debating what they are protesting, but it's their job to show up and play the game.
    As soon as you let the players arbitrarily decide when they are going to show up and when they aren't, and there's no consequences, then the sport is just out of control.
    This is 100% facts. If the Brewers want to make a statement that's their business but there has to be consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I mean it's your call, but that's what would finally do it for you?
    Can't say I disagree with him because now there's no structured to the game
    Crazy Reds Fan

10. Likes:

Phoenix2 (08-26-2020),REDREAD (08-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    This is 100% facts. If the Brewers want to make a statement that's their business but there has to be consequences.
    I don't think that's true. Whatever statement is being made, the Reds (and MLB) aren't going to contradict it by having there be "consequences".

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-26-2020)

Another thing to consider is it further puts the safety of players at risk with Covid making them potentially playing another day and travel when they are already in town. It would also be incredibly unfair to make the reds play a DH tomorrow when they already have one on Saturday vs the Cubs. Which could give the Brewers an out as to why they didn't postpone it.

Brewers have zero DH scheduled in the near future that I can see. So it clearly favors the Brewers.

14. Likes:

REDREAD (08-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    Can't say I disagree with him because now there's no structured to the game
    There's zero structure to this season anyway with random COVID cancellations. This doesn't feel any different (to me).

I don't think it's a good look for MLB, a sport with declining Black participation, to be hardasses about this in the current climate especially with how the NBA has handled it so far. This season has been out of control from the start so I don't know if that's a factor.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Another thing to consider is it further puts the safety of players at risk with Covid making them potentially playing another day and travel when they are already in town. It would also be incredibly unfair to make the reds play a DH tomorrow when they already have one on Saturday vs the Cubs.
    Well there's a doubleheader they got to make it up the last week of the season in Cincinnati. The way I look at it by then I really be excited for the double-header or I won't care LOL
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    no, that does not bother me. a former navy seal is the one who suggested kneeling if you are not going to stand. i do not believe people who kneel for the anthem are anti-military or anti-american. feels like you are trying to bait me, but there you go, husker.
    No, I was just trying to understand how protesting one game would be the final straw for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I don't think it's a good look for MLB, a sport with declining Black participation, to be hardasses about this in the current climate especially with how the NBA has handled it so far. This season has been out of control from the start so I don't know if that's a factor.
    I disagree. If the Brewers are forced to take a loss for this forfeit, it makes the "boycott" seem more noble. They are willing to give the Reds a game in the standings to make their point.
    If there's no consequences for their actions, it's an empty gesture, other than annoying most of the fans.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

20. Likes:

onehand (08-26-2020),Phoenix2 (08-26-2020),Rolando (08-26-2020)

I disagree. If the Brewers are forced to take a loss for this forfeit, it makes the "boycott" seem more noble. They are willing to give the Reds a game in the standings to make their point.
    If there's no consequences for their actions, it's an empty gesture, other than annoying most of the fans.
    Good point about the boycott seeming more noble. I hadn't thought of that. I still think MLB and the Reds will feel its in their best interest to be in solidarity.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

22. Likes:

REDREAD (08-26-2020)

I wish I could explain my point as well as you do. You hit the nail on the head did the Brewers give up a game to a forfeit got shows they are putting the cause before the game. If it's just postponed what point did they prove

24. Likes:

REDREAD (08-26-2020)

Turn Off Ads?