Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2021-2022: Back on Track?

Re: UK Basketball 2021-2022: Back on Track?

UK guts out a tough win in College Station last night, 64=58. I haven't watched the game yet but from reading about it, it was a typical tough grind it out game. UK only shot 36% and only made 4 threes. Also had 17 turnovers but found a way to win. A team has to learn to win games like that if they expect a long run in March. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Next up is a date with number 2 Auburn on the plains of Alabama. Another tough road test against a very good team. The game is Saturday at 1 pm on CBS.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

goreds2 (01-20-2022),UKFlounder (01-20-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Former Alabama WR Javon Baker commits to Kentucky.

That's a massive get after Wan'Dale went pro.

He might be Robinson's equal in terms of athleticism.

That WR corps is seriously stacked-- with Baker and VA Tech WR (and 3rd Team All-ACC) Tayvion Robinson as starters plus a bunch of young talent to cycle through, I'm guessing the Cats will end up going to a more three receiver sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Former Alabama WR Javon Baker commits to Kentucky.

That's a massive get after Wan'Dale went pro.

He might be Robinson's equal in terms of athleticism.

That WR corps is seriously stacked-- with Baker and VA Tech WR (and 3rd Team All-ACC) Tayvion Robinson as starters plus a bunch of young talent to cycle through, I'm guessing the Cats will end up going to a more three receiver sets.
    UH....Wrong Thread,maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    UH....Wrong Thread,maybe?
    My bad... Football.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    UK guts out a tough win in College Station last night, 64=58. I haven't watched the game yet but from reading about it, it was a typical tough grind it out game. UK only shot 36% and only made 4 threes. Also had 17 turnovers but found a way to win. A team has to learn to win games like that if they expect a long run in March. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Next up is a date with number 2 Auburn on the plains of Alabama. Another tough road test against a very good team. The game is Saturday at 1 pm on CBS.
    Why does it sound like every time Bruce Pearl talks about Kentucky it sounds like he’s angling to come here when Cal retires?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

UK Basketball 2021-2022: Back on Track?

First TyTy now Wheeler again.

If you can’t beat this team you might as well hurt them.

This would be the perfect time to bring out the top 5 NBA Draft pick that Cal is perfectly content letting ride the bench.
    Last edited by WVRed; 01-22-2022 at 02:48 PM.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

With Auburn beating UK today, they (Auburn) should probably be ranked number 1. It will be the first time ever for them.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

UK probably lost what chance they had to win when Washington went out. Still they had chances and didn't capitalize. Auburn may be the best team in the country. They look awfully good and will now probably win the SEC.

UK is back in action Wednesday against a good Miss State team at Rupp. Then a road trip to Kansas, Saturday. Oh boy......
    Reds Fan Since 1971

UK probably lost what chance they had to win when Washington went out. Still they had chances and didn't capitalize. Auburn may be the best team in the country. They look awfully good and will now probably win the SEC.

UK is back in action Wednesday against a good Miss State team at Rupp. Then a road trip to Kansas, Saturday. Oh boy......
    I'm unconcerned about true road games-- or home games for that matter.

I am concerned about health (but recognize there's little you can do about it). It's great that Kentucky was able to hang with the number one team in the country after having lost their best guard for 30 minutes and their best PG, ballhandler, and defensive menace for half the game. But ultimately, they didn't win.

With a friendlier whistle (10 foul shots to 29) and a healthier backcourt, the Cats win that game. That likely happens on a neutral court.

I will say I agree with Calipari on the danger of open-court picks. Not sure what can be done about it, though.

12. Likes:

goreds2 (01-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I'm unconcerned about true road games-- or home games for that matter.

I am concerned about health (but recognize there's little you can do about it). It's great that Kentucky was able to hang with the number one team in the country after having lost their best guard for 30 minutes and their best PG, ballhandler, and defensive menace for half the game. But ultimately, they didn't win.

With a friendlier whistle (10 foul shots to 29) and a healthier backcourt, the Cats win that game. That likely happens on a neutral court.

I will say I agree with Calipari on the danger of open-court picks. Not sure what can be done about it, though.
    If Oscar calls out screens, none of this happens.

He’s great and is a POY candidate for a reason but it’s a glaring flaw to his game.

It bears repeating Kentucky has a top 5 NBA draft talent that Cal is perfectly happy letting ride the bench and not play when TyTy or Wheeler went down. If Sharpe leaves at the end of the year using Kentucky’s resources and not even playing a minute this season Cal is going to get a lot of heat from fans and the media for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If Oscar calls out screens, none of this happens.
    He called out this one, but got drowned out by the racous crowd.

Which is kind of my point. Something needs to be done to protect defenders in that situation.

I'm not sure Sharpe would be ready after only being at UK for a couple of weeks. But Cal had probably better play him soon because it looks highly unlikely he will be back next season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

UK nearly blows this game and needs OT to win. Washington was out with an ankle sprain so that didn't help. I haven't watched this game yet so I don't know what exactly happened other than they must have let up down the stretch and Miss State nearly pulled it out. They still need to learn to close out games or they won't last long in post season. On to Kansas this Saturday. They need Washington back to have any shot at the Phog. The game is part of the SEC/Big 12 series. It will be on ESPN at 6 pm and the ESPN Game Day bunch will be there.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Toppin sat for much of the game with a leg injury and even Oscar went to the bench for a few minutes with a boo-boo.

At the end of the first half, Mintz had 3 fouls and Wheeler 2, leaving Grady to play PG. Grady’s 3-pt shooting was off until the OT and Mintz’ wad off all-game.

MSU had a guy having a career game. He kept them in it.

It was pretty ugly

UK nearly blows this game and needs OT to win. Washington was out with an ankle sprain so that didn't help. I haven't watched this game yet so I don't know what exactly happened other than they must have let up down the stretch and Miss State nearly pulled it out. They still need to learn to close out games or they won't last long in post season. On to Kansas this Saturday. They need Washington back to have any shot at the Phog. The game is part of the SEC/Big 12 series. It will be on ESPN at 6 pm and the ESPN Game Day bunch will be there.

18. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-26-2022)

UK is a .500 team without Ty Ty Washington.

That kid can play.

Tshiebwe went 20/20 last night.

Turn Off Ads?