Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baseball America Double A South Top 10 (3 Reds)

Baseball America Double A South Top 10 (3 Reds)

2. Likes:

757690 (10-04-2021),BillDoran (10-05-2021),DocRed (10-04-2021),M2 (10-04-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball America Double A South Top 10 (3 Reds)

Good to see Barrero mentioned highly. Interesting that Lodolo's mentioned before Greene. (That makes sense when you compare their dominance of the league-- Lodolo utterly destroyed opponents.) Three in the top five is pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Good to see Barrero mentioned highly. Interesting that Lodolo's mentioned before Greene. (That makes sense when you compare their dominance of the league-- Lodolo utterly destroyed opponents.) Three in the top five is pretty solid.
    Given that AA traditionally is the level where prospects establish themselves as truly legit, three in the top 5 is spectacular.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Benihana (10-04-2021),Edd Roush (10-05-2021),Mitri (10-04-2021),mth123 (10-04-2021),RedsfaninMT (10-04-2021),Revering4Blue (10-05-2021),UKFlounder (10-04-2021),WrongVerb (10-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Given that AA traditionally is the level where prospects establish themselves as truly legit, three in the top 5 is spectacular.
    I do wonder the last time (if any) the Reds had three prospects in their AA Division.

I'm guessing if that means all three will be top 50 prospects.

2006 had Bailey and Votto, but I think Cueto and Bruce (very briefly) didn’t hit AA until 2007, so it must’ve been a LONG time ago
    Go BLUE!!!

Probably a good idea to proceed with caution with Lodolo. He only managed to pitch 50.2 innings this year. He's been dynamite when he has pitched, but he's been treated with kid gloves since entering the organization. Issues with blisters this year before being shut down in late August with shoulder strain. I think he's a big league pitcher, but I also worry there's a serious injury before he establishes himself (which, frankly, is par for the course).

10. Likes:

M2 (10-05-2021),Revering4Blue (10-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I do wonder the last time (if any) the Reds had three prospects in their AA Division.

I'm guessing if that means all three will be top 50 prospects.
    Barrero won't be because he's passed his rookie service time limits (at least I think he has).

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Probably a good idea to proceed with caution with Lodolo. He only managed to pitch 50.2 innings this year. He's been dynamite when he has pitched, but he's been treated with kid gloves since entering the organization. Issues with blisters this year before being shut down in late August with shoulder strain. I think he's a big league pitcher, but I also worry there's a serious injury before he establishes himself (which, frankly, is par for the course).
    Agreed, I wouldn’t count on him in Cincinnati quite yet. Hunter Greene, on the other hand, should hopefully be contributing by Memorial Day.

Barrero should be the Opening Day starting shortstop, barring an atrocious showing in Spring Training.
    Go BLUE!!!

13. Likes:

M2 (10-05-2021),Revering4Blue (10-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Agreed, I wouldn’t count on him in Cincinnati quite yet. Hunter Greene, on the other hand, should hopefully be contributing by Memorial Day.

Barrero should be the Opening Day starting shortstop, barring an atrocious showing in Spring Training.
    I think we all know Kyle Farmer is going to be opening day starting SS
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

elrojo (10-05-2021),Fil3232 (10-05-2021)

You know it and I know it, but not all agree. Barrero has not shown to me that he can hit MLB pitching. Hope he will.

Quote Originally Posted by elrojo View Post
    You know it and I know it, but not all agree. Barrero has not shown to me that he can hit MLB pitching. Hope he will.
    I was saying that not supporting it.

Farm Dawg needs to be a utility player.

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-05-2021)

I concur that Bell will start Farmer at SS if allowed. Which begs the question if Barrero becomes tradebait this winter. Torres and McLain should move fast and both appear to be capable of sticking at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    I concur that Bell will start Farmer at SS if allowed. Which begs the question if Barrero becomes tradebait this winter. Torres and McLain should move fast and both appear to be capable of sticking at SS.
    That would literally be bird in hand vs. two in the bush.

The following rant is about the Reds' maddening ability to screw up easy stuff and not about your post:

The Reds paid good money for Barrero. He has torn up the minors, become a top prospect and gives them a 24-year-old, five-tool SS for next season. This should be the easiest decision in history to make. Just play him at SS. Don't delay him because you've got a quasi-functional journeyman currently at the position, don't convert him to another position when he's a natural SS, and under no circumstances trade him. Potential star player. Premium position. Gaaah.

21. Likes:

BillDoran (10-05-2021),CaiGuy (10-05-2021),Fil3232 (10-05-2021),Kilgore_Trout (10-11-2021),Mitri (10-05-2021),mth123 (10-05-2021),WrongVerb (10-05-2021)

Bingo

Totally agree, M2! I just have little confidence in the Reds to reach that conclusion.

24. Likes:

M2 (10-05-2021)

Turn Off Ads?