Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Re: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Man I really hope we’d sign Puig before Ozuna, especially since he’ll likely get half the years and half the cost, at best.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Likes:

Big Klu (12-09-2019),Redeyecat (12-08-2019),thatcoolguy_22 (12-10-2019),Tuff Nut (12-09-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Man I really hope we’d sign Puig before Ozuna, especially since he’ll likely get half the years and half the cost, at best.
    If it’s about the same amount as Moustakas or less, I’d be ok with Ozuna. He’s a solid player. I’d prefer a speedier guy to play CF with Senzel moving to left. But Suarez, Moustakas, Ozuna in the middle would be good.

Hope if Reds do this they have something lined up for Winker or Aquino. Something beneficial to the team, not something just to get rid of guys with that much talent.

Ozuna had one great year (2017) and his defense will continue to decline. I don't get the fascination with him.

The Reds could spend their money far more wisely.

6. Likes:

Big Klu (12-09-2019),JarrodOnVinyl (12-08-2019),MrRedSkull (12-08-2019),Redeyecat (12-08-2019),Tuff Nut (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    You may be right about the cost, but Ozuna is a good deal better with the bat and the Reds need a real upgrade. I feel like Puig will suffer a steeper decline, and it has already begun. And he doesn’t really add much with the glove these days. Fun guy to have on the team but he was too frustrating at the plate for my tastes.

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    Reds do like Didi Gregorius, and he still seems to be a consideration for them. He’s originally a Red, plus they want to add gritty, winning players (ie Moose). They are covered at SS tho with Freddy Galvis, and at $5.5M too, which would be pricey for a Reds bench player.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    Reds do like Didi Gregorius, and he still seems to be a consideration for them. He’s originally a Red, plus they want to add gritty, winning players (ie Moose). They are covered at SS tho with Freddy Galvis, and at $5.5M too, which would be pricey for a Reds bench player.
    This is a bit of a head scratcher to me. The Reds were bidding at $20M a year for a luxury SP in Wheeler but would balk at upgrading at SS because they have $5.5M committed to Galvis?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    This is a bit of a head scratcher to me. The Reds were bidding at $20M a year for a luxury SP in Wheeler but would balk at upgrading at SS because they have $5.5M committed to Galvis?
    I think this is Heyman's analysis, not Williams'.

Unless they don't think Didi will bounce back. His numbers this year were nothing to write home about.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 12-08-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Personally, I think he's just making an assumption based on the Reds' past. 5.5 mil really shouldn't be an issue over one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I think this is Heyman's analysis, not Williams'.
    For sure. I'm just questioning Heyman's read on the situation

Didi would make the Reds more left handed at the plate. Arguably too left handed.

Only Suarez, Senzel and Aquino would be major RH bats - if you include all of them as major.

They do have Ervin, Casali, Galvis (as a switch hitter) to help offset this issue.

Probably workable with some platooning, not a deal breaker. I’ve never personally loved overly LH lineups. Too susceptible to LH relievers.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-08-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Would Galvis have any trade value if we did sign didi? Even if we had to eat a mil or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Votto4MVP View Post
    Would Galvis have any trade value if we did sign didi? Even if we had to eat a mil or two.
    He might but I wouldn't trade him. We'd finally have a decent mi backup. It's just a one-year deal anyway.

17. Likes:

HammerTime (12-09-2019)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    ·
    1h
    As the Winter Meetings begin, the #Reds will be looking at outfielders, starting pitchers, bullpen arms and an assistant hitting coach

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    ·
    1h
    As the Winter Meetings begin, the #Reds will be looking at outfielders, starting pitchers, bullpen arms and an assistant hitting coach
    Sounds like Freddy Galvis is the starting SS

Turn Off Ads?