Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/8/09 - Reds vs. Rockies

Re: 9/8/09 - Reds vs. Rockies

Wlad was tossed FWIW
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Morales is tough enough without having 2 inches on the inside corner.

Game over as Tater pops up to second.

The little streak's been encouraging, but the offense is still woeful.

3-1 Rockies win. Marquis was solid all night, and their bullpen kept the door closed tight. Hot team at home right now. The Dodgers and Giants should be worried.

On the plus side for the Reds, Maloney pitched really well until the blister.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post

Yep. This series should make it painfully clear that this team - as is - is going to have problems scoring runs. I know it's a bit different with the humidor but when you have trouble scoring runs in Coors....
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Oh. My. God. Chris Welsh just made a Ben Dover joke

Wow.

Is that allowed on TV?
    That whole exchange blew my mind, especially Grande's excessive "Where did you get that name from?" questioning.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That whole exchange blew my mind, especially Grande's excessive "Where did you get that name from?" questioning.
    "What's the source on that? Is it, is it because your from. Maryland, and that's where Dover is long, uncomfortable pause heh heh, sometimes the story behind the story"

I actually felt bad for George....it was quite uncomfortable as he just wouldn't let it go.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    "What's the source on that? Is it, is it because your from. Maryland, and that's where Dover is long, uncomfortable pause heh heh, sometimes the story behind the story"

I actually felt bad for George....it was quite uncomfortable as he just wouldn't let it go.
    I'm not sure those two guys weren't smiling at one another as George tried to bail him out. Even George hasn't been so shelter as not to know the old Ben Dover gag. Surely...

Yeah. Good pitching only goes so far. You have to admit that Marquis just had it tonight, but the Reds have been winning with 3 or 4 runs and that's not going to happen frequently enough to compete. The Reds need a big bat in left and a shortstop who can hit better than ,220 (along with Bruce finally getting it) to have a good offense. Gomes is OK spordically, but he's not the answer long term. That said, I think you are looking at the 2010 Reds with Bruce in right. That's 80+ losses no matter how you look at it.

I'd like to see Jason Marquis wearing Red next year. I think Gomes is probably as good as you'll get in LF next year, especially considering what his salary will be--thinking of that as payflex allowing you to do other things. We need bats at SS and behind the plate. On the matter of LF, Votto is also losing any clout he'd have to insist on remaining only at 1b--this is not to say he's resistant to such a move. I don't think we know anything about it. It's just that he's becoming more replaceable every day. Hard to see how this team can keep the bats of Alonso, Francisco, and Frazier out of the lineup.

I'd like to see Jason Marquis wearing Red next year. I think Gomes is probably as good as you'll get in LF next year, especially considering what his salary will be--thinking of that as payflex allowing you to do other things. We need bats at SS and behind the plate. On the matter of LF, Votto is also losing any clout he'd have to insist on remaining only at 1b--this is not to say he's resistant to such a move. I don't think we know anything about it. It's just that he's becoming more replaceable every day. Hard to see how this team can keep the bats of Alonso, Francisco, and Frazier out of the lineup.
    Guy is going through his first slump all year and he is becoming replaceable. I am sure there are plenty of teams that would like to have his numbers on first base everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Guy is going through his first slump all year and he is becoming replaceable. I am sure there are plenty of teams that would like to have his numbers on first base everyday.

Of course there are. That's the kind of player you get value for in return. Nobody's going to give us a starting SS or C unless we give up something substantial in return. I don't think there's any reason Votto should be exempt from consideration, especially since 1b is where we have strength in the minors. That's all I'm saying.

Of course there are. That's the kind of player you get value for in return. Nobody's going to give us a starting SS or C unless we give up something substantial in return. I don't think there's any reason Votto should be exempt from consideration, especially since 1b is where we have strength in the minors. That's all I'm saying.
    Than you keep the known player Votto and trade the unknown Alonso.

Votto has more present value. Alonso's value is known more to us. That's exactly the situation you want. You get more for Votto, Alonso turns out to be everything you had in Votto and more--if that's the way the organization sees them.

Turn Off Ads?