Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Playoff Push

Re: 2020 Playoff Push

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I will start posting in the arts/entertainment portion of the board. Great artists don’t consistently fail me. Lol
    Until you get deep into some of those Jick albums

2. Likes:

Mitri (09-24-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

wow huntz hall and leo gorcey here are few great ones from Leo

My eyes must be receiving me
    Truth is stranger than friction

Louie Dumbrowski says hi

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    Ever since SF lost this thread has gone to hell leading me to believe this is secretly a Giants fan site and I've just never noticed the signs until now.
    I really like their stadium

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-24-2020),Mitri (09-24-2020),SirFelixCat (09-24-2020),WrongVerb (09-24-2020)

I liked Leo better as Terrence Mahoney rather than Mugs McGinnis what is your opinion west of you

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Until you get deep into some of those Jick albums
    Even they don’t disappoint me like this teratoma tumor of an organization.

wow now you are in my field a teratomatous agglomeration of mesoderm ectoderm and endoderm,, Teratomas maybe present as anterior mediastinal masses, occasionally a teratoma will grow hair or a tooth, bespeaking the query, if there is a cavity in the teratomatous tooth how does it get treated?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    wow now you are in my field a teratomatous agglomeration of mesoderm ectoderm and endoderm,, Teratomas maybe present as anterior mediastinal masses, occasionally a teratoma will grow hair or a tooth, bespeaking the query, if there is a cavity in the teratomatous tooth how does it get treated?
    Ask Dick Williams

heckuva manager brought a bunch of teams to the playoffs and managed to fake Bench into thinking an intentional walk was coming

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    heckuva manager brought a bunch of teams to the playoffs and managed to fake Bench into thinking an intentional walk was coming
    Name:  22804824-20E9-4952-B94B-D770169A9423.jpeg
Views: 321
Size:  129.8 KB

This golem

I'm going to dance around the FCB show in this thread and think about some tiebreaker scenarios. It seems like the Reds are in pretty good shape. First, here are the scenarios for two way ties (I'm just going to skip three way ties for now):

1) Head-to-Head - only relevant for teams in the same division.
    2) Intra-division record - the first scenario for two teams in different divisions. Reds are 21-19.
    3) Intra-division winning percentage in the last 20 games. Reds are 12-8 (thank you, Pirates)

So the NL Central is pretty straightforward in a two-way tie. St. Louis has the tiebreaker vs. the Reds, but the Reds have the tiebreaker vs. the Brewers.

I'm going to take a stab at the others, and I may miss something but here goes ...

For Reds vs. Marlins, if the Marlins lose to the Braves then the Reds automatically win the tiebreaker via #2 above. If the Marlins beat the Braves, they go to #3 above where I believe the Marlins win the tiebreaker. Short story - we need the Braves to win tonight.

For Reds vs. Phillies, both teams are 21-19 via #2 above so we go to #3. Reds win that tiebreaker.

For Reds vs. Giants, this one should automatically go the Reds. The only way the Giants can tie the Reds at 21-19 is by sweeping the Padres all four games. If the Padres win even 1 out of 4, then the tiebreaker automatically goes to the Reds. If the Giants sweep, then the Giants would still lose the #3 tiebreaker to the Reds.

For three way ties:

If it's Reds/Cards/Brewers, my understanding is the tiebreaker would go Cards-Reds-Brewers. This scenario comes into play if the Reds lose 2 of 3 to Minnesota and Milwaukee wins 3 of 5 vs. St. Louis.

And I'm reaching here, because I haven't dug through the specifics, but if the Reds are in a three way tie with any combo of the Brewers/Phillies/Marlins/Giants, then I think we win the first tiebreaker among all of them except the Marlins ... unless the Marlins lose tonight. Then we've got all of them.

Essentially, the only teams that got us are St. Louis and Miami, if Miami wins tonight. We've got everyone else. If Miami loses tonight, we've got them too.

Now someone please fact check all of this.

If this is actually correct then that Braves/Marlins game is potentially very important. We really need the Braves to win.
    Last edited by Cyclone792; 09-24-2020 at 09:22 PM.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

14. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (09-25-2020),Marty and Joe (09-25-2020),RedTeamGo! (09-24-2020),Revering4Blue (09-25-2020),Ron Madden (09-24-2020),SirFelixCat (09-24-2020),UKFlounder (09-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I really like their stadium
    Me too and I don't even fancy garlic fries. Setting aside places like Wrigley and Fenway, it's right there with Baltimore for my favorite ballpark experience...

16. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (09-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Me too and I don't even fancy garlic fries. Setting aside places like Wrigley and Fenway, it's right there with Baltimore for my favorite ballpark experience...
    I miss Rusty.

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

18. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-24-2020)

edit: finished the vid. Rusty got recycled

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Even they don’t disappoint me like this teratoma tumor of an organization.
    Everything since terror twilight has been a disappointment.

But Malkmus has two WS titles and a pennant or two since the Reds last won either.

21. Likes:

westofyou (09-24-2020),Wonderful Monds (09-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Banned.

23. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (09-24-2020)

Turn Off Ads?