Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Re: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Mark Bowman
    @mlbbowman
    ·
    49m
    Markakis on the Astros: “I know how hard this game is and I know how hard preparing for this game is. To see something like that is damaging to baseball. It’s anger. I feel every single guy over there deserves a beating.”
    That's what constantly gets repeated in every sport whenever there is unjust results that borders on, or is, cheating...."all of the years of effort and sacrifice, paying attention to the little things that most people in their lives aren't willing to do, when it comes to doing it the right way". To see someone else in your field rewarded for cheating makes you angry, especially when those in charge are either in on it, or fail to punish those involved.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Old school 1983 (02-26-2020),texasdave (02-18-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

We kind of live at a time when everybody gets to be an online badass. It becomes meaningless drivel over time when everyone is piling on to one thing or another, but it eventually cools down and they play ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Everyone does not cheat.

But within sports and outside of it in the real world, it sure seems like it these days.

Money = cheat with zero consequences.
    Everyone else, better walk that straight line or the hammer's coming down.
    bernie madoff: "well, i mean, i hear you, but ..."

The entire player pool unless they are current Astros are bad-mouthing the commissioner. It is open season. Mike Trout is even doing it.
    They still have the right to free speech, to voice their opinion. Especially if the topic involves the current CBA negotiations and any proposals that MLB/owners are putting forth. They're not only speaking as a player, but as a union member, and issues being negotiated that involves their future. They don't like it. They speak out.

If you don't want me to bad mouth you, then don't put some BS proposals in front of me. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    bernie madoff: "well, i mean, i hear you, but ..."
    Always an exception to the rule, true...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

8. Likes:

JFLegal (02-19-2020)

markakis looks like he could fight to me. probably wouldn't successfully take on the entire pirates' dugout like amir, but i bet he can fight.

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

11. Likes:

Chip R (02-20-2020),cumberlandreds (02-19-2020),DocRed (02-19-2020),GAC (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Bauer has stated repeatedly he will not sign any multi year deals so that won't be an issue.
    My guess is those words were meant for his arbitration yrs and not his FA yrs

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think they nailed it with Darvish's comment as #1. Makes so much sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My guess is those words were meant for his arbitration yrs and not his FA yrs
    No, he’s doubled down on it recently. It’s a bet with a friend. With Bauer you never know.

All-New Episode of REAL SPORTS (Trevor Bauer)

Tuesday, Feb. 25at10p.m. ET .

One of the most outspoken and unique athletes in sports, Cincinnati Reds pitcher Trevor Bauer has been fascinated by physics and how science can be applied to baseball. His unorthodox approach to pitching has labeled him an outcast of sorts, but the non-conformist is now considered one of the intellectual misfits who is at the forefront of changing the game. Bernie Goldberg sits down with Bauer, who dishes on how radar technology and high-speed cameras – tools more often used by scientists – are helping his game, and ultimately revolutionizing the art of baseball.
    Watch: HBO Real Sports trailer for Trevor Bauer feature

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/l...bauer-feature/

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Watch: HBO Real Sports trailer for Trevor Bauer feature

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/l...bauer-feature/
    Reminds me of Dr. (literally) Mike Marshall.

Interested in revolutionizing pitching through science. Also considered a bit crazy. iirc he once drove people off of a tennis court he wanted to use by hitting baseballs at them.

edit: trying to find out what Marshall's up to these days, I found this:

In 2008, Boddy started a blog called Driveline Mechanics. It relied heavily on the theories of former Major League Baseball pitcher Mike Marshall, who, as you might recall, had some very unique ideas about pitching and training. Thereafter Boddy started a biomechanics lab in Seattle to test some of his theories.
    https://ladodgertalk.com/2020/01/20/what-is-driveline/
    Last edited by marcshoe; 02-24-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (02-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Reminds me of Dr. (literally) Mike Marshall.

Hopefully Bauer will mimic Marshall's sideburns this year, also

19. Likes:

marcshoe (02-25-2020)

i'll be honest. i strongly disliked trevor bauer when he was with the indians. not even exactly sure why; he just annoyed me.

i think i misunderstood him. i really like the guy now. course, it could just be a typical case of when a good athlete joins your team, even if you used to hate him, you instantly love him.

admit it, buckeye fans. you used to all hate urban meyer. right up until the moment you learned he would likely be coming to ohio state.

21. Likes:

goreds2 (02-25-2020),redsrule2500 (02-25-2020)

It’s a tremendous rant. I don’t share anything politically with Bauer but I do share his views on the Astros.
    lol what the hell is wrong w/ you people? How do you even get to his "politically leanings" with a baseball post? Delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    i'll be honest. i strongly disliked trevor bauer when he was with the indians. not even exactly sure why; he just annoyed me.

i think i misunderstood him. i really like the guy now. course, it could just be a typical case of when a good athlete joins your team, even if you used to hate him, you instantly love him.

admit it, buckeye fans. you used to all hate urban meyer. right up until the moment you learned he would likely be coming to ohio state.
    Couldn't agree more. He's a lot like Puig. You hate the guy...until he's on your team, then he's fun!
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Turn Off Ads?