Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 9/17- Reds @ Astros

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: 9/17- Reds @ Astros

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Tonight the Astros defense defeated the Reds defense.
    We are 8th in DER, they are 26th.

It happens, but it won't happen very much.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    This team is just so lethargic right now, playing safe and not to lose. Aren't good enough to do that.

The most disturbing thing to me is how late they all seems to be on high 80s, low 90s fastballs. I mean, you're in the big leagues. Squaring those up should be something you can do blindfolded.
    Lethargy doesn't strike me as the problem, they're just not hitting. Sometimes slumps can be mistaken as legthargic. Injuries and slumps happening all at once.

Bothersome, but they've gone through these phases all year. No reason to think they won't snap out of it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Well, that would be impossible.
    Math is a tricky science :

Just get them tomorrow... I honestly think the Reds will step up and win this division easily.

Just hope Bronson starts that ball rolling with a great outing tomorrow.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

This is pathetic.

And no, I'm not talking about the Reds game.

Do you get some sort of satisfaction about constantly complaining about the posts on this site?

And if the answer is no, why do you even come here if the reactions and viewpoints of others offend your sensibilities so?

There just aren't going to be a lot of easy wins on this road trip. I believe they'll get back home with some kind of a lead. But, it could get pretty scary. A six game lead at this point is not enough for everyone from the announcers to the columnists who follow this team to be talking such a big game right now. St. Louis has six games left with one of the most God awful teams in the last decade of baseball, and they no reason to respect this team having beaten it 14 times this year. Clearly, they think they are the better team and have to be buoyed by the numbers after the last 2-3 days.

This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Do you get some sort of satisfaction about constantly complaining about the posts on this site?

And if the answer is no, why do you even come here if the reactions and viewpoints of others offend your sensibilities so?
    I like to read people discussing a baseball game. It's impossible to do on nights when things don't go our way, and it makes the losses that much more frustrating, especially when it comes from the same exact people saying the same exact things over and over again.

If you can't just sit back and enjoy this season, then some people need to find another sport. There are going to be ebbs and flows to a baseball season.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala View Post
    There just aren't going to be a lot of easy wins on this road trip. I believe they'll get back home with some kind of a lead. But, it could get pretty scary. A six game lead at this point is not enough for everyone from the announcers to the columnists who follow this team to be talking such a big game right now. St. Louis has six games left with one of the most God awful teams in the last decade of baseball, and they no reason to respect this team having beaten it 14 times this year. Clearly, they think they are the better team and have to be buoyed by the numbers after the last 2-3 days.

This sucks.
    Frankly, outside of rest, I think what this team needs most is some adversity. It's hard to maintain focus and energy when you're up 7 to 8 games and the team behind you is playing dead... or worse... playing like the Pirates.

I think it will be better if the Cards get within 3-4 games. Maybe the team will regain focus, the bats will come alive and they'll head into October with some momentum.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The SP has dwindled and Dusty should probably use Chapman more wisely (i.e. not in tight or tied games late unless it's a situational thing for a batter).

3 runs or less in 8 out of the last 15, they just have to start averaging more runs to make up for the dwindling pitching options. Too easy right now to pitch around Rolen and Votto, and breeze through this lineup sans the occasional Stubbs or Caberera or Gomes hot game or big hit.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    The SP has dwindled and Dusty should probably use Chapman more wisely (i.e. not in tight or tied games late unless it's a situational thing for a batter).

3 runs or less in 8 out of the last 15, they just have to start averaging more runs to make up for the dwindling pitching options. Too easy right now to pitch around Rolen and Votto, and breeze through this lineup sans the occasional Stubbs or Caberera or Gomes hot game or big hit.
    Ummm... or hot month and a half?

Stubbs has been great while the rest of the O outside of a small few has been poor.

You can tell Reds fans aren't used to rooting for a good team.

People are still waiting for us to fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Ummm... or hot month and a half?

Stubbs has been great while the rest of the O outside of a small few has been poor.
    Yep based on that time period Stubbs is a bad example. Phillips, Caberera, Rolen, Hernandez need to start hitting better. Drew had what, 2 Ab's tonight, in large part because O'Cab, BP and Rolen went 0 for 11 ahead of him.

I thought Dusty should've rested BP for another few games at least and let Janish play, who is apt to be more productive offensively for that period of time any ways. O'Cab is just a black hole hitting way too high in the lineup.

Maybe Dusty simply needs to start managing with more urgency - i.e. removing Chapman after he puts the first two on. Time to wake up and not throw away a great season at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Yep based on that time period Stubbs is a bad example. Phillips, Caberera, Rolen, Hernandez need to start hitting better. Drew had what, 2 Ab's tonight, in large part because O'Cab, BP and Rolen went 0 for 11 ahead of him.

I thought Dusty should've rested BP for another few games at least and let Janish play, who is apt to be more productive offensively for that period of time any ways. O'Cab is just a black hole hitting way too high in the lineup.

Maybe Dusty simply needs to start managing with more urgency - i.e. removing Chapman after he puts the first two on. Time to wake up and not throw away a great season at the last minute.
    Cabrera has been very good since the break..

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    You can tell Reds fans aren't used to rooting for a good team.

People are still waiting for us to fold.

Not every good team makes the post season.

Turn Off Ads?