Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Cubs 9/5/08

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Reds vs Cubs 9/5/08

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    FWIW, the stats (K's, W's and HR's allowed) suggest that Arroyo isn't doing anything different now other than getting better BABIP luck.

He's basically had the same DIPS ERA for three years now, and while his actual ERA has dropped dramatically as the year has worn on, his DIPS ERA has remained pretty consistent all year. Which, if you believe in DIPS, was likely to happen.
    Oh, I agree completely. He's had some VERY bad luck this season in terms of lucky hits, poor defense, etc. But that sort of thing drags you down mentally and that's what I was referring to. I saw the same sort of thing with Harang in the first half of the season...and Aaron has responded differently than Bronson. Sure, part of it is probably due to the injury...but I haven't seen any anger, fire or desire from Aaron (not that it surprises me)...but when you struggle that badly, you'd kind of like to see some sort of emotion. Bronson has just fought through it and really pushed himself. I find it even nicer to see from a vet. It's pretty easy for a veteran to pack it in once the season is basically lost.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    How in the world does Gary Majewski still have a spot on this roster?
    Simple. Louisville is still rockin' in the playoffs. 19-3 win yesterday. Yes, that read NINETEEN. :O) Once their season is done, I think we'll see some changes. Until then...we bide our time.

How in the world does Gary Majewski still have a spot on this roster?
    Just a guess: Any of the pitchers from Louisville who could conceivably take his place on the roster are in the Louisville playoffs. I certainly hope he will be released after we can bring up the September callups.

[Judge Smails]Oh, Billy, Billy, Billy, Billy[/Smails]

Bray mops up Majiks' mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    add bako and patterson to that list
    And Fogg.

I posted this in chat, but why am I so tormented by the Reds that even with an 8 run lead, I'm fealing like we are going to screw this up?

Bruce smokes a double. Great night for him: 2-for-3 with a double, grand slam, walk, and 4 RBI.

And Fogg.
    And A.Phillips, Cabrera, Valentine & Weathers. I can't see any of them having a future with this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I posted this in chat, but why am I so tormented by the Reds that even with an 8 run lead, I'm fealing like we are going to screw this up?
    oh yes, who could forget that cardinal comeback a few years ago:thumbdown

Jolbert Cabrera pops out on a 3-0 pitch. Why in the world is Jolbert Cabrera swinging on 3-0?

It was 2-1.

Now he pulls him. 122 pitches in 6.1 innings. I can't stand Dusty Baker.
    I'm resigned to the fact that Dusty will manage next year - if foe no other reason - the money he's owed. I would find a "pitching czar though and turn the staff over to him. The first thing I would do is hand him a bat with orders to club Dusty like a baby seal if he so much as says Hi to anyone on the staff.

I missed the first pitch but FSN showed the count as 3-0. That's what I get for trusting FSN.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I'm sesigned to the fact that Dusty will manage next year - if foe no other reason - the money he's owed. I would find a "pitching czar though and turn the staff over to him. The first thing I would do is hand him a bat with orders to club Dusty like a baby seal if he so much as says Hi to anyone on the staff.
    that made me laugh out loud

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    that made me laugh out loud
    Yep, clubbing baby seals is always good for a laugh. :O) Just kidding. *grin*

Turn Off Ads?