Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part X

Re: Covid-19, Part IX

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    How about we meet the first goal before we adjust to another goal? We are still about 10% short of that goal on average and last weekend had a pretty wild drop off.

There are a ton of issues to work out right now. I mentioned the lack of a reliable system to know how much is being produced and shipped. Setting up appointments and the expectations is wildly inconsistent. Just the simple question of "How do I get my vaccine?" isn't at all a simple question for most eligible people right now.

It does look good for getting more than 100M doses done in the next 100 days. It is also not at all what anyone should be focusing on.
    We did 1.6 million yesterday. If we only do 100 million in 100 days then something's seriously wrong. That's not a goal. That's a benchmark of a failed program

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/healt...day/index.html

Biden was asked about this and his response was c'mon, give me a break:

At the end of today’s remarks on the administration’s new Covid-19 response, President Biden balked at the suggestion that 100 million vaccinations in the first 100 days was a low bar.

“When I announced it, you all said it was not possible. C’mon give me a break man, it’s a good start, 100 million," he told Associated Press reporter Zeke Miller.
    We were already doing 900K doses a day before Biden was sworn in:

Over the past week, America has already averaged about 900,000 vaccinations a day, making Biden’s goal of 1 million a day barely a step up from what the country reached before he took office on Wednesday.
    https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...llion-100-days

The pace will pick up when manufacturing picks up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

NYT had a pretty good article going through the distribution. Basically Moderna and Pfizer can put out about 15-18M doses a week and that’s going to be the number for the next 4-6 weeks. They are trying to get enough equipment to get 6 shots instead of 5 shots from the Pfizer vaccine, but they don’t have enough everywhere yet to do that consistently.

So the good news is that range of distribution makes it possible to potentially do 2M plus shots a week. The improvements first needs to be giving the states exactly what to expect so they can get appointments and distribution as close to just in time as possible. Once JNJ comes on hopefully the max distribution centers will be important. Have a little time there but hopefully won’t face the same delays Moderna and Pfizer faced getting off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    We did 1.6 million yesterday. If we only do 100 million in 100 days then something's seriously wrong. That's not a goal. That's a benchmark of a failed program

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/healt...day/index.html

Biden was asked about this and his response was c'mon, give me a break:

We were already doing 900K doses a day before Biden was sworn in:

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...llion-100-days

The pace will pick up when manufacturing picks up.
    We did 1.4M yesterday. We did 1.6M a couple days before that. The problem is the three days before that were all below 600k, so those good days are just making up for the bad days.

There’s also reports of vaccine appointments being canceled all over the place because they don’t have enough. We don’t know yet why that’s happening and what it will do to the numbers.

Like I said in my last post, the production seems to be there to exceed the goal, but we aren’t there yet and have some major logistics issues to iron out.

Johnson and Johnson is a game changer in the fight...

1 dose

Doesn't have to be stored at freezing temps

Should have 100 million doses ready to go by April.

Good news as I have given up my place in line twice now due to running out of shots at the VA.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

6. Likes:

757690 (01-24-2021),Redsfaithful (01-24-2021),Todd Gack (01-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    LOL, you want to continue with this - move it to P&R.
    Don't know what P&R is?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Don't know what P&R is?
    He's referring to the Politics and Religion Talk sub-forum, and instructions for requesting access can be found in the sticky thread in this forum. That's the place for posts like the last ~ten or so (that have since been removed) instead of this thread/area.

I don’t really get why discussing QAnon is political. I think it’s absurdity needs to be discussed as much as possible so people understand how damaging it is.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

WrongVerb (01-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t really get why discussing QAnon is political. I think it’s absurdity needs to be discussed as much as possible so people understand how damaging it is.
    It’s too stupid to be considered anything but stupid

12. Likes:

WrongVerb (01-25-2021)

California's statewide stay at home order is being rescinded.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...lowTwt_LABrand

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It’s too stupid to be considered anything but stupid
    Meanwhile people are being elected to Congress that are full blown QAnon nut jobs. This is dangerous, ignoring it is a bad idea.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Meanwhile people are being elected to Congress that are full blown QAnon nut jobs. This is dangerous, ignoring it is a bad idea.
    That's really their districts problem, stupid people vote for stupid people sometimes. My hope is once in Congress they are not given any roles and responsibilities, if they want to debate facts then debate facts.

That would include science and underground cabals of child stealing democrats

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    California's statewide stay at home order is being rescinded.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...lowTwt_LABrand
    Things are going to be on an upward trajectory from here on out. I still think by April/May this will mostly be over because hospitalizations and deaths will be close to zero by then and that's all people cares about at this point.

Masks will need to be worn until fall probably, but we're almost done.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-25-2021),RiverRat13 (01-25-2021)

It's completely unrelated to this topic (COVID-19). No one is saying ignore the topic - I'm saying this pretty clearly isn't the place to discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Things are going to be on an upward trajectory from here on out.
    With slightly under a million vaccine does a day being administered, I don't really see how we can go anywhere but up from here (up being a GOOD thing in this context). Short of these "new variants" being vaccine resistant (which does not at this point appear to be the case), we should be good to go.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/25/cvs-...ing-homes.html

2 million doses given out by CVS (Walgreens is giving the shot in nursing homes as well) which though I don't see it written in stone, the vast majority I believe have been at nursing homes. Second dose on the way of course.

That's a huge dent in morbidity and mortality for the nation.

Turn Off Ads?