Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 Reds Offseason News, Rumors, and Discussions v2.0

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

2019-2020 Reds Offseason News, Rumors, and Discussions v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    6 years of being the worst team in baseball, a WS win, and then back to being irrelevant for another 5 or 6 years? I'll pass.
    Flags fly forever, I would take that in a second.
    Last edited by PuffyPig; 01-21-2020 at 08:01 PM.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (01-22-2020),Revering4Blue (01-21-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2019-2020 Reds Offseason News, Rumors, and Discussions v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds said the payroll would increase. So far, it’s about the same as OD 2019.

I have to think they are trying to get Ozuna on a reasonable deal. And if that happens a Reds outfielder will be traded for a shortstop. Maybe others involved.

If they can’t sign Ozuna they will live with Galvis as starting SS and make some smaller moves.

This seems the most obvious direction of the off-season. Always could be curveballs.
    Ozuna to Braves, that’s over, c’mon Reds make your moves.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (01-22-2020)

Never wanted Ozuna. Never thought it made sense this year. Next year interestingly it might after we see what Senzel, Aquino, Winker/Ervin, etc bring to table.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

7. Likes:

JarrodOnVinyl (01-24-2020),Rdirtypirates (01-22-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Never wanted Ozuna. Never thought it made sense this year. Next year interestingly it might after we see what Senzel, Aquino, Winker/Ervin, etc bring to table.
    This is where I'm at. I wouldn't mind signing Castellanos to play RF. I like Aquino, but I'd rather have the sure thing instead of hoping his debut wasn't just a fluke.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

9. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (01-22-2020)

If guys are signing one-year deals, I am fully on board with bringing back Yasiel Puig. We need more of this:

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

11. Likes:

Benihana (01-22-2020),JarrodOnVinyl (01-24-2020),REDREAD (01-22-2020),Revering4Blue (01-21-2020),TheBigLebowski (01-22-2020),TRF (01-22-2020),Tuff Nut (01-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    This is where I'm at. I wouldn't mind signing Castellanos to play RF. I like Aquino, but I'd rather have the sure thing instead of hoping his debut wasn't just a fluke.
    Winker in LF, Castellanos in RF.

I hope Andruw Jones is available to play CF. In his prime, of course.

I never cared one whit about the Reds increasing payroll. Unless it meant getting Mookie Betts and David Price. I'd have been down with that.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

As far as we know, the Reds haven't been tied to Arenado, but they have been linked to other high dollar players like Betts and Lindor. Do you think the Reds should consider looking at Arenado with the thought of maybe moving Suarez back to shortstop?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    As far as we know, the Reds haven't been tied to Arenado, but they have been linked to other high dollar players like Betts and Lindor. Do you think the Reds should consider looking at Arenado with the thought of maybe moving Suarez back to shortstop?
    Not sure, but I know getting Arenado without moving Suarez in return would be a neat trick.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

If the Reds were inclined to move Suarez anywhere other than 3B, they would have done it a while back to clear some space for Senzel at a more natural position.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    If the Reds were inclined to move Suarez anywhere other than 3B, they would have done it a while back to clear some space for Senzel at a more natural position.
    Senzel may end up being a very good player, but I don't think he's an Arenado.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

18. Likes:

TRF (01-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    But even if the Reds went all in and won the world series you would be complaining that they made money, nepotism, and an ensuing tanking coming so...
    No I would not complain if they won the world series.. Not sure why you had to pollute the thread with that comment. I don't make constant comments about you being a blindly loyal apologist to the Reds
    and defending every move they make, whether it is good or not, so please clam up.

As far as nepotism goes, Dick Williams was given a bunch of blank checks this winter, so no excuse this year, right? Can't really blame the owners in 2020. This is the team that he and Krall wanted.
    Dick Williams still has to show me that he knows what he is doing. His first .500+ season would be a start.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Agreed. Believe me, if the Reds win a World Series, there won’t be a fan anywhere that will be satisfied with a one and done.
    Huh? I would be extremely happy with a "one and done" in 2020.
    How many teams have repeated as World Series champs? I am not looking it up, but not many.

Expecting a team like the Reds to be a perennial contender is not being realistic.
    Sorry, but they could hire the best scouts and stat crunchers in baseball, and they would still not be a perennial WS contender, at least by the definition people give on this board.
    People on RZ thought Walt did a bad job, but IMO, that's about the best we can hope for.
    If Dick Williams comes close to duplicating that level of success, he's going into my personal Red's HOF.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Senzel may end up being a very good player, but I don't think he's an Arenado.
    I didn’t mean to imply that Senzel is as good as Arenado. All I’m saying is that if the Reds thought Suarez was capable of moving up the defensive spectrum, they would have already migrated him to help accommodate the additions of Senzel and/or Moustakas.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    No I would not complain if they won the world series.. Not sure why you had to pollute the thread with that comment. I don't make constant comments about you being a blindly loyal apologist to the Reds
    and defending every move they make, whether it is good or not, so please clam up.

As far as nepotism goes, Dick Williams was given a bunch of blank checks this winter, so no excuse this year, right? Can't really blame the owners in 2020. This is the team that he and Krall wanted.
    Dick Williams still has to show me that he knows what he is doing. His first .500+ season would be a start.
    If you didn't find a way to spin everything the Reds do as a huge negative because their moves always resort back to ownership making money and nepotism in your eyes, I wouldn't come off as a blindly loyal apologist who is always defending the Reds. I mean, you are already complaining about some forthcoming tanking that will occur just so the Reds ownership can make more money (i.e. dividends).

As someone who has done my share of ripping on Castellini, I don't think Castellini was "satisfied" during the rebuild. But when you are ultimately faced with crossing the Atlantic ocean in a row boat, you should probably put your resources toward building an airplane to try and cross it a few years later.
    Last edited by Griffey012; 01-22-2020 at 03:07 PM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

23. Likes:

Tom Servo (01-22-2020)

Turn Off Ads?