Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2019

Re: College Baseball 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Not sure if this is a pitching depth issue or a coaching screw-up. Coach Fox at UNC decided to get cute and start his closer instead of his #3 starter. The closer lasted 4 batters, all walks. Two more relievers came in and couldn't put out the fire. Finally, Fox brought in the #3 weekend starter. He's thrown 5.2 innings of shutout baseball so far.
    Rare is the college head coach who doesn’t over-manage, if given the chance.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Go Blue. That is all.
    Go BLUE!!!

I'm hitting the road for Omaha tomorrow evening with my two boys and my parents. Unfortunately, it's just a quick trip to see Louisville/Vandy and then back home. I wish I could hang around for more of the event. Perhaps some day when I'm retired I'll get the all-session ticket and stick around for two weeks.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-15-2019),cumberlandreds (06-18-2019),Kingspoint (06-14-2019)

I'm hitting the road for Omaha tomorrow evening with my two boys and my parents. Unfortunately, it's just a quick trip to see Louisville/Vandy and then back home. I wish I could hang around for more of the event. Perhaps some day when I'm retired I'll get the all-session ticket and stick around for two weeks.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

If you can't do the full two weeks, I recommend the first four days of the tournament. Two games a day, you'll get to see each team twice, and there's always a great hopeful buzz in the air at the beginning of the tourney. I've done it that way twice, once in Rosenblatt and once at TD, and I wouldn't change a thing.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-14-2019)

Oregon State made their hire. Former player Mitch Canham.

He's the best amateur I've ever seen at calling games as a Catcher, so I think it's a great hire. A former 2nd Rd pick of the Padres, he just couldn't hit well enough to sustain a career in the Majors, not even reaching the Majors, so he moved on to Coaching apparently. He's a great story...homeless at one time, College walk-on, earning a scholarship. Had a great College World Series when OSU became the first team ever to win it after losing the first game.

He'll have a learning curve, but I'm sure Pat Casey will help him out.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Oregon State made their hire. Former player Mitch Canham.

He's the best amateur I've ever seen at calling games as a Catcher, so I think it's a great hire. A former 2nd Rd pick of the Padres, he just couldn't hit well enough to sustain a career in the Majors, not even reaching the Majors, so he moved on to Coaching apparently. He's a great story...homeless at one time, College walk-on, earning a scholarship. Had a great College World Series when OSU became the first team ever to win it after losing the first game.

He'll have a learning curve, but I'm sure Pat Casey will help him out.
    His story is something else. Wish the young man well.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-15-2019)

Detmers not having a great day today. Fortunate to have only given up one run in his first couple of innings.

Last night's Florida State game was interesting,...Starting Pitcher goes one inning, no runs, next pitcher goes 8 and gets the win in a 1-0 victory as Florida State continues their surprising playoff run.

Arkansas is the first to exit Omaha. I still think Texas Tech will win that bracket, but I've made the mistake of underestimating these Michigan and FSU teams quite a few times already this tournament, so....
    Last edited by Boston Red; 06-17-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Go Noles!

15. Likes:

WrongVerb (06-17-2019)

Arkansas is the first to exit Omaha. I still think Texas Tech will win that bracket, but I've made the mistake of underestimating these Michigan and FSU teams quite a few times already this tournament, so....
    It's amazing that UM and FSU are playing for the first to be 2-0.

They're playing baseball again in Omaha. Louisville and Auburn going at it this afternoon until the rain forces them to stop.

Louisville and Auburn entered a rain delay at about 3pm Central. They're calling for the game to resume at 9pm Central. Brutal. At least the Cards have a 4-1 lead after 4!

Tripleheader day in Omaha! Well, it's 2.5 game day, at least, with the first game of the three resuming in the top of the 5th.

Auburn is the second team to go home. Vandy and Mississippi State is probably the marquee game of the CWS so far, and it's coming up in an hour.

21. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-19-2019)

Turn Off Ads?