Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 8/26/09 Reds vs Brewers

Re: 8/26/09 Reds vs Brewers

2nd 3 game winning streak this year? Can that be right?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Good win again. I'm starting to see some things I like on this team again.
    Wily Taveras out of the lineup has to be one of them

They mean something for the players and loyal fans who still follow the Reds. I have to say it, but Rolen really makes a difference in this team. Too bad we don't have a few more like him. It's almost if he brought a different attitude to the team with his heads up play. Or maybe it's my imagination.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    They mean something for the players and loyal fans who still follow the Reds. I have to say it, but Rolen really makes a difference in this team. Too bad we don't have a few more like him. It's almost if he brought a different attitude to the team with his heads up play. Or maybe it's my imagination.
    I don't at all think it's your imagination. But why do you hate to say it? It's not a bad thing the Reds managed to make a move that upgraded their club. I realize not everyone is crazy about what it took to make the move, but the Reds did help themselves with that move. He's a good ball player and he has the intangibles. It's a good situation.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I agree with the Rolen factor.

It is quite nice to watch for sure.

Final Cincinnati 4, Milwaukee 3, 10 innings

Scoring Summary
    Top 2nd: Cincinnati
    - L. Nix homered to deep right

Top 5th: Cincinnati
    - P. Janish singled to shallow center, C. Miller scored, P. Janish to second advancing on throw

Bot 5th: Milwaukee
    - J. Gerut homered to right
    - P. Fielder homered to deep right, R. Braun scored

Top 8th: Cincinnati
    - K. Barker safe at first on pitcher C. Vargas' throwing error, S. Rolen scored, W. Balentien to third, K. Barker to second

Top 10th: Cincinnati
    - D. McDonald doubled to left center, C. Tatum scored

Cincinnati Batting
    2B - W Balentien (2, M Burns); D McDonald (1, M Burns).

HR - L Nix (13, 2nd inning off B Looper 0 on, 2 Out).

S - K Wells.

RBI - P Janish (6), L Nix (37), D McDonald (2).

2-out RBI - P Janish, L Nix, D McDonald.

Runners left in scoring position, 2 out - P Janish 2, B Phillips 1, S Rolen 2, W Balentien 1.

GIDP - J Votto.

Team LOB - 12.

Base Running
    SB - S Rolen (1, 3rd base off C Vargas/J Kendall).

Fielding
    DP - 3 (J Votto-P Janish, B Phillips-P Janish-J Votto, P Janish-J Votto).

Milwaukee Batting
    2B - C Counsell (18, K Wells); R Braun (29, A Rhodes).

HR - J Gerut (6, 5th inning off K Wells 0 on, 1 Out), P Fielder (34, 5th inning off K Wells 1 on, 2 Out).

RBI - J Gerut (24), P Fielder 2 (112).

2-out RBI - P Fielder 2.

Runners left in scoring position, 2 out - P Fielder 1, F Catalanotto 1.

GIDP - J Gerut, C Counsell, C McGehee.

Team LOB - 9.

Base Running
    SB - J Kendall (3, 2nd base off J Burton/C Miller).

CS - C McGehee (1, 2nd base by K Wells/C Miller).

Fielding
    E - C McGehee (12, field); A Escobar (3, throw); C Vargas (1, throw).

DP - 1 (C Counsell-A Escobar-P Fielder).

Pitching
    Code:
    IP H R ER BB K HR WHIP Season ERA  
    K. Wells   5.0 7 3 3 3 2 2 1.55 5.85   
    J. Burton  1.0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1.54 5.36   
    A. Rhodes  0.1 2 0 0 1 0 0 1.17 2.74   
    N. Masset  0.2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.06 2.70   
    C. Fisher  1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1.31 2.96   
    D. Herrera 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.41 2.58   (W, 3-4)
    F. Cordero 1.0 1 0 0 0 2 0 1.24 2.13   (S, 27)

Milwaukee 
      IP H R ER BB K HR WHIP Season ERA  
    B. Looper   6.0 5 2 2 3 4 1 1.42 4.88   
    D. Weathers 0.2 0 0 0 0 1 0 1.22 3.52   
    M. Stetter  0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.33 3.82   
    C. Vargas   1.1 1 1 1 2 2 0 1.03 2.59   
    T. Hoffman  1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.00 1.85   
    M. Burns    1.0 2 1 1 0 0 0 1.54 6.10       (L, 3-5)
    IBB - P Fielder (by A Rhodes); J Votto (by B Looper).

HPB - J Kendall 2 (by K Wells, by J Burton); J Votto (by M Stetter); D Sutton (by D Weathers).

Pitches-strikes - K Wells 97-55; J Burton 18-12; A Rhodes 14-7; N Masset 2-2; C Fisher 12-7; D Herrera 10-6; F Cordero 14-10; B Looper 106-62; D Weathers 13-7; M Stetter 2-1; C Vargas 30-16; T Hoffman 9-6; M Burns 17-12.

Ground balls-fly balls - K Wells 11-5; J Burton 1-0; A Rhodes 2-1; N Masset 1-0; C Fisher 1-1; D Herrera 3-0; F Cordero 1-0; B Looper 7-8; D Weathers 0-1; M Stetter 0-0; C Vargas 4-0; T Hoffman 0-2; M Burns 2-3.

Batters faced - K Wells 23; J Burton 4; A Rhodes 4; N Masset 1; C Fisher 3; D Herrera 3; F Cordero 4; B Looper 26; D Weathers 3; M Stetter 1; C Vargas 8; T Hoffman 3; M Burns 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I don't at all think it's your imagination. But why do you hate to say it? It's not a bad thing the Reds managed to make a move that upgraded their club. I realize not everyone is crazy about what it took to make the move, but the Reds did help themselves with that move. He's a good ball player and he has the intangibles. It's a good situation.
    Read my post again, I said I have to say it. I was an advocate of the Rolen trade and the ridding the team of Edwin. I wish Edwin the best, but he was not ever going to be a reliable third baseman here.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I don't know if Rolen's making anybody else play better, but he's a really good ballplayer and one I'm damn glad to have on the team.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Read my post again, I said I have to say it. I was an advocate of the Rolen trade and the ridding the team of Edwin. I wish Edwin the best, but he was not ever going to be a reliable third baseman here.
    Sorry about that. I guess there's a fine line between letters sometimes haha
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I agree with this. The Reds winning games right now, however, is counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I agree with this. The Reds winning games right now, however, is counter-productive.
    Yeah, I know, but we're not going to finish much better anyway. The Nationals and Pirates will both finish below us.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Yeah, I know, but we're not going to finish much better anyway. The Nationals and Pirates will both finish below us.
    Unless the draft is fundamentally changed next year, drafting 4th or 9th will be about the same. If you want to pay above slot, there will be plenty of talent there for you to grab.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Winning games is never counterproductive. The future is always now. The game is played today.

I don't know if Rolen's making anybody else play better, but he's a really good ballplayer and one I'm damn glad to have on the team.
    The guy can really play. Love the defense, and his baserunning has been tremendous. The young guys better be watching.

Turn Off Ads?