Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Euro soccer thread

Re: 2019-20 Euro soccer thread

Neymar should be given red cards for diving. He's ridiculous and must be stopped.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Neymar plays with audacious skill and impressive creativity. He is one of the best technical players I have ever seen. He has moves within moves within fakes when he dribbles. He is amazing to watch.
    He gets fouled all the time, and he is not a strong guy. He is always injured, probably because he gets chopped down all the time. He has appeared in only 84 games in all comps for PSG in 3 years. What is he supposed to do?
    Last edited by Betterread; 08-20-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I think Neymar plays with audacious skill and impressive creativity. He gets fouled all the time, and he is not a strong guy. He is always injured, probably because he gets chopped down all the time. He has appeared in only 84 games in all comps for PSG in 3 years. What is he supposed to do?
    Oh, he's all kinds of talented, which makes his shameless diving all the more annoying. One of the things I now get to bond with Barca fans over is being glad Neymar isn't on our teams.

Name:  3C279D8C-A2D6-4D2F-BACB-C051420CAF05.jpeg
Views: 156
Size:  200.7 KB

Bit of a follow on from earlier in the thread. Further detail that although the thread. Wages may be high but Bayern are not in the same bracket as some of the other giants when it comes to buying success. Hope they hammer PSG in the final.

Side note about Bayern, give them credit for always making sure they've got the most German player in the game. They always seem to have a Teutonic paragon. Right now it's Thomas Muller. Before him it was Bastian Schweinsteiger. Before him it was Michael Ballack. Before him it was Lothar Matthaus. I maintain all those guys wear lederhosen in their free time.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Side note about Bayern, give them credit for always making sure they've got the most German player in the game. They always seem to have a Teutonic paragon. Right now it's Thomas Muller. Before him it was Bastian Schweinsteiger. Before him it was Michael Ballack. Before him it was Lothar Matthaus. I maintain all those guys wear lederhosen in their free time.
    You simply cannot neglect “der kaiser” (Franz beckenbauer) and “ der bomber” (Gerd Muller). Wow.

8. Likes:

M2 (08-20-2020)

You simply cannot neglect “der kaiser” (Franz beckenbauer) and “ der bomber” (Gerd Muller). Wow.
    Absolutely true. It was late and I stopped at Matthaus, but their roots on having the most German man alive run deep.

For more balance on my take on Bayern, I love how they are locally/Bavarian owned and they have the best football stadium in the world, which has positively influenced other similar looking venues.
    The final should be an attractive open game. Both squads have the talent and athletes to play that way.

Other than Ballack, who is from East Germany, I would say that quite a few of them do wear Lederhosen on regular occasions because FC Bayern always tends to have at least one homegrown Bavarian paragon. When you hear Müller, Phillip Lahm, or Schweinsteiger speak in German, they have a pronounced Bavarian accent. Of course, FC Bayern traditionally has the entire team turn out in full tracht, Lederhosen and all, for Oktoberfest.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

12. Likes:

M2 (08-21-2020)

Oh, he's all kinds of talented, which makes his shameless diving all the more annoying. One of the things I now get to bond with Barca fans over is being glad Neymar isn't on our teams.
    Neymar certainly takes it to a new level, but Ronaldo issn't afraid of a shameless dive either.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Neymar certainly takes it to a new level, but Ronaldo issn't afraid of a shameless dive either.
    Neither is Messi or Salah. The thing I can definitively say about Ronaldo's diving is he (and the whole Madrid team) got much less flopsy after Mourinho left. They had gotten ridiculous under Mou. Carlo Ancelotti came in and changed that whole culture. They started staying up and making plays. Most dramatic change was Angel Di Maria. He used to flip himself over if you breathed near him. Ronaldo's continued playing a sturdier game for Portugal and Juve too. I think he realized it made him better.
    Last edited by M2; 08-21-2020 at 02:39 PM.

This Europa League final is HOT. If you're not watching, I suggest tuning in.

Sevilla does it again 3:2. Andalucia parties tonight!

17. Likes:

M2 (08-21-2020)

Sevilla does it again 3:2. Andalucia parties tonight!
    Death. Taxes. Sevilla in the Europa League.

FC Bayern are the Champions for the 6th time.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?