Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Things are really screwed up on the site this morning. Lots of troubles when posting replies. The site bogs down, asks you if you want to wait or leave site, then we get a database error and thrown off the site. Upon logging back in, most typically the post in question was doubled. Please look into this
    Anyone else having this issue?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Anyone else having this issue?
    I would say many judging from all the double posts. Personally I go back and edit the double post out but I've seen several that are doubled. That said, it does seem to be going fine right now

4. Likes:

Boss-Hog (12-02-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

So frustrating. I'm tired of submitting successive posts and having them wind up together in a single post in the thread.

A good example is here: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...=1#post4044611

One of my replies was about the Giants trading Cozart. The other about Didi signing with the Phillies. Totally unrelated. Yet both end up in the same post window.

Can you PLEASE configure this site so that each time I post a reply a new post is created and placed into its own individual box please?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    So frustrating. I'm tired of submitting successive posts and having them wind up together in a single post in the thread.

One of my replies was about the Giants trading Cozart. The other about Didi signing with the Phillies. Totally unrelated. Yet both end up in the same post window.

Can you PLEASE configure this site so that each time I post a reply a new post is created and placed into its own individual box please?
    That’s a good idea.

7. Likes:

WrongVerb (12-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    That’s a good idea.
    Thanks. I'm trying to reach my quota of good ideas for the year. One more will give me the bakers dozen I need.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I've dropped the threshold to combine potential double posts from two minutes to one minute. Let me know if that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I've dropped the threshold to combine potential double posts from two minutes to one minute. Let me know if that helps...
    I'm curious if there is a justification for having it at all. Every other site I've ever been on, when you click "submit" or its equivalent, a new reply is created.

I'm curious if there is a justification for having it at all. Every other site I've ever been on, when you click "submit" or its equivalent, a new reply is created.
    Yes - its purpose is to help avoid duplicate posts made within a very short timeframe, such as when Submit is hit twice.

Been a little slow this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

M2 said he's unable to get to RZ, been occurring all 2020. As if his IP is blocked, can't even view it in a browser in alias form. Unsure why, thoughts?

It seems if I’m on wi-fi I can’t get on but on cellular it is fine.

If it's one ISP that's having the problem, it could be that the DNS entry (which translates human read web addresses into machine read addresses) might have been deleted.

I'd try a different DNS and see if that fixes the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    M2 said he's unable to get to RZ, been occurring all 2020. As if his IP is blocked, can't even view it in a browser in alias form. Unsure why, thoughts?
    Here's what our host had to say when I asked about the problem M2 was having:

"After further looking into this I have seen that the said IP was indeed blocked so I have gone ahead and unblocked it and then after whitelisted it.

It was blocked due to modsec rule triggering, modsec is know to false flag certain processes as brute force attempts.

Could you please check with your client to see if he is able to reach out to his domain now?"

He's now good to go. If anyone else knows of an IP address that's possibly being blocked for the above reason, please send me a PM with the IP address so I can have our host take a look.

17. Likes:

westofyou (01-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    It seems if I’m on wi-fi I can’t get on but on cellular it is fine.
    When you have a chance, let me know your WiFi IP address, and I'll have our host check it out.

19. Likes:

kaldaniels (01-21-2020)

Side note - does Redszone appear as an unsecured website to anyone else?

It has for months for me on both Safari and Chrome.

Turn Off Ads?