Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 8-31-20 Reds vs Cardinals

Re: 8-31-20 Reds vs Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    For Disco it is not a surprise that he struggled after being off 10 days. Tome it was almost expected.
    Which is why you're ready to pull him before disaster strikes.

2. Likes:

InsaneinthBrame (08-31-2020),marcshoe (08-31-2020),ochoa30 (08-31-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    They always have better players because they have the best farm in baseball. They churn out talent constantly. Their absolute worst farm year is the Reds once in a decade best crop.
    They absolutely do not have the best farm in baseball. Most of their players were traded for.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

ochoa30 (08-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    They absolutely do not have the best farm in baseball. Most of their players were traded for.
    With their farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Maybe Moose should hit lower in the order for awhile
    Reds need to use spots 3-9 for those who deserve "lower in the order" spots!

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Which is why you're ready to pull him before disaster strikes.
    Yea, but he needs to throw enough pitches to get the work he needs in!

With their farm.
    This has nothing to do with their current roster. It’s really not that good. Look at it.

Surprised Lorenzen back out there
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

This has nothing to do with their current roster. It’s really not that good. Look at it.
    I get the disconnect here. FCB isn’t wrong that the Cardinals are great at producing home grown talent. Most of those guys though are not top prospects like a loaded farm system has. But they get it done another way.

Now with that said it feels like the Cardinals love in this instance is a bit unwarranted. Yeah they’re kicking our ass and do have a very good minors to majors pipeline but they also regularly whiff on free agent signings, they have a history of handing out ill advised extensions to veterans, and right now are batting Brad Miller in the cleanup spot. They’re not perfect.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

ochoa30 (08-31-2020)

It is though. I mean maybe not Pujols era good, no, but nothing is subpar. The Reds are way below average in offense and bullpen. Cards are great in both. They get market scarcity. They know what to pay for and what to go cheap on. They Reds have all these resources tied up in the easiest thing to find in baseball: Guys who can throw 5 innings admirably. What they have none of is shut down single inning guys, the rarest thing on the market. The Cards have at least three of those guys.

In short, the Reds are always 5-7 years behind the curve.

It is though. I mean maybe not Pujols era good, no, but nothing is subpar. The Reds are way below average in offense and bullpen. Cards are great in both. They get market scarcity. They know what to pay for and what to go cheap on. They Reds have all these resources tied up in the easiest thing to find in baseball: Guys who can throw 5 innings admirably. What they have none of is shut down single inning guys, the rarest thing on the market. The Cards have at least three of those guys.

In short, the Reds are always 5-7 years behind the curve.
    The cardinals are 12-13 with a +4 run differential and have Brad Miller batting cleanup.

Again, they aren’t great. They are great against the Reds.

I get it, your gimmick is to say the Reds are awful and the Cardinals are the best team in the history of sports. Hooray.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I wish it was Moustakas who had the opt-out instead of Castellanos.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (08-31-2020)

Jose Iglesias knocked one the go ahead run with a double in the top of the 11th.....batting .405 with a .970 OPS....then with 2 outs in bottom and runner on 1st and a ball down the RF line and runner from 1st looking to tie the game, Iglesias gets the relay on the OF side of the first base line and throws runner out at home to win the game.

The cardinals are 12-13 with a +4 run differential and have Brad Miller batting cleanup.

I get it, your gimmick is to say the Reds are awful and the Cardinals are the best team in the history of sports. Hooray.
    It’s not a long season so they won’t be able to build a massive run differential. But they have all the fundamentals to do that. Will they win a WC? Maybe not. But they have all the ingredients to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I wish it was Moustakas who had the opt-out instead of Castellanos.
    Big mistake signing. I can’t remember who pointed out it was a mistake: the dude who lives in Colorado. Can’t remember his name.

Miller like an .880 OPS....Cards with 4 guys over .840 OPS playing each day.

21. Likes:

Falls City Beer (08-31-2020),REDREAD (08-31-2020)

Turn Off Ads?