Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Krall Named Head Of Reds Baseball Operations

Nick Krall Named Head Of Reds Baseball Operations

From Nightengale Twitter:

#Reds announce GM Nick Krall will fill Dick Williams' position and become the new head of the baseball operations department. He will keep his GM title.

https://twitter.com/nightengalejr/st...203535882?s=12
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nick Krall Named Head Of Reds Baseball Operations

I guess we (some of us, at least) need to learn the name of Krall's top lieutenant, because it sounds like he just got a lot more responsibility.

Bleh. Maybe it works, we really don’t know how Krall will act as the top dog. But it feels like a blown opportunity to get fresh eyes and perspectives on a team and organization that seems to rarely change even when players are added or subtracted.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

bm1475 (10-19-2020),dreghorntwo (10-19-2020),Falls City Beer (10-19-2020),joshua (10-19-2020),Red Raindog (10-19-2020),reds77 (10-19-2020),RedTeamGo! (10-19-2020),Tommyjohn25 (10-29-2020),UKFlounder (10-19-2020),wolfboy (10-19-2020),WrongVerb (10-19-2020)

So we're just not going to hire anybody and let Cashtellini just pocket Williams salary.

7. Likes:

joshua (10-19-2020),Kingspoint (10-19-2020)

Glad to see this. Confirms that the Williams/Krall philosophy proceeds. By and large I like what they've done. I was afraid of a fallback to the Jocketty/Buddy Bell types.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

9. Likes:

757690 (10-19-2020),RED VAN HOT (10-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Glad to see this. Confirms that the Williams/Krall philosophy proceeds. By and large I like what they've done. I was afraid of a fallback to the Jocketty/Buddy Bell types.
    All I know is if they're going to do this, they better put the Williams money into player payroll and improving the team, not Castellini's pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyle E. Coyote View Post
    All I know is if they're going to do this, they better put the Williams money into player payroll and improving the team, not Castellini's pocket.
    How many times are you going to post this nonsense? This makes three times so far.

12. Likes:

HammerTime (10-19-2020)

Why didn’t they wait until the offseason and interview people from outside the organization in addition to Krall?

Oh yeah, that’s what a competent organization would do. Nevermind.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

14. Likes:

joshua (10-19-2020),REDREAD (10-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Why didn’t they wait until the offseason and interview people from outside the organization in addition to Krall?

Oh yeah, that’s what a competent organization would do. Nevermind.
    You only do that if you want a new direction. Reds were happy with the way things were going. They did not force Williams out. They wanted to continue the Williams/Krall era.

16. Likes:

Blimpie (10-19-2020)

I don't hate it. This team is mostly Krall's to begin with, and I guess it's worth giving him full control for a season to see which direction it moves.

I highly doubt it's a penny-pinching measure. I think they like their in-house guy and want to get a jump start on 2021.

Hmmmm sadly this probably means the Reds are continuing with Bell and his deeply flawed offensive approach.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

19. Likes:

REDREAD (10-21-2020)

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I don't hate it. This team is mostly Krall's to begin with, and I guess it's worth giving him full control for a season to see which direction it moves.

I highly doubt it's a penny-pinching measure. I think they like their in-house guy and want to get a jump start on 2021.
    I agree. It seems like they streamlined the titles and kept the organizational progress going. Fresh eyes might have been nice, but that would have meant a several-year cycle for the new person to build a staff.

21. Likes:

Mitri (10-19-2020)

It seemed to me that Williams was more the business guy and Krall the baseball guy. When interviewed, Krall was the one talking players, moves, the team in detail, while Williams was talking about the general plans.

I think it’s no coincidence that the Reds started making serious moves to improve the team when Krall was promoted to GM. These moves had mixed results.

It will be interesting to see if there is a difference in the team’s philosophy and their moves now that Krall is all alone at the head of the organization.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

23. Likes:

M2 (10-19-2020)

I'm not against Krall getting the promotion, but the reality is that it's not going to mean much if ownership can't get out of the way and let the Baseball Ops. do they're jobs. I know they sign the checks and have to approve payroll and those sort of things, but they have to let the baseball people make the baseball decisions.

25. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (10-20-2020),Revering4Blue (10-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Bleh. Maybe it works, we really don’t know how Krall will act as the top dog. But it feels like a blown opportunity to get fresh eyes and perspectives on a team and organization that seems to rarely change even when players are added or subtracted.
    I suspect we know exactly how Krall will act because he's been doing it for the past two years.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

27. Likes:

westofyou (10-19-2020)

Turn Off Ads?