Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Marvin Bagley and Harry Giles are the only Kings' big men available for the resumption of play in late July. "The only bigs we have out right now are Marvin and Harry," Coach Luke Walton said. "So They’re both getting a lot of reps and they’re both playing great. They look good, they’re moving well and they’re getting 100 percent of the reps right now." The Kings take on the LaMarcus Aldridge-less Spurs on July 31, so both players will be in play in DFS. Alex Len (COVID-19) and Richaun Holmes (quarantine) aren't available right now.
    Not a huge deal, IMO. While Holmes is a blow, Bjelica is big enough to bang down low (and should be a shoot-first, stretch five anyway). Cory Brewer and Harrison Barnes can move down to the PF position too, providing Sacramento with real shooting around Fox at all times.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Markelle Fultz has arrived in Orlando and will now quarantine inside the bubble. He didn't travel with his teammates back on July 7th to tend to a personal matter. All we know is that it wasn't in any way related to COVID-19. Fultz will rejoin his teammates at practice in the near future and will look to build on his promising season as Orlando's starting PG. Prior to the pause, Fultz was averaging 12.1 points, 5.2 assists, 3.3 rebounds, 1.3 steals and 0.5 triples.

SOURCE: Josh Robbins on Twitter

- - - Updated - - -

Malcolm Brogdon (COVID-19) went through practice for the first time on Wednesday. He recovered from the virus over a week ago and "looked pretty good" at practice. Conditioning will likely be the main concern for Brogdon, as the time off likely helped him recover from the variety of injuries he suffered this season. With Victor Oladipo optimistic about playing, the Pacers should be close to full strength for the restart and look like a sleeper team in the East. Before the season was paused, Brogdon was having a career year with 16.3 points, 7.1 dimes, 4.7 rebounds and 1.3 triples.

SOURCE: Scott Agness on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Yahoo Sports’ Chris Haynes told Bill Simmons on his latest podcast that the Blazers could be a “dangerous” team, even for the top-seeded Lakers, if they make the playoffs:

“If Portland gets the play-in game, I think they win it. And if Portland is in this thing, Bill, to me, they’re the most dangerous team in this league. I think if they get in, even if it’s the Lakers at the No. 1 seed, Portland has the potential to take the Lakers to the distance. And if they happen to get by the Lakers, you could see them in the Finals, man.”

Haynes then went to explain his confidence in Portland, citing the team’s improved health and “ultra-motivated” stars:

“[Jusuf] Nurkic is back. Zach Collins is back. Dame and CJ, they have been ultra-motivated. I’m being dead serious, they are ultra-motivated. That’s the scariest team out there.”

In the East, Haynes believes nothing will stop Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks from making the Finals.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Marcus Smart said he's not experiencing any negative side effects after having recovered from the coronavirus. "Everything is copasetic for me,” Smart told reporters following Wednesday's practice. “My breathing is fine, my heart is fine. It just feels good to be back out here. I think I’m back to myself." Smart was part of the initial wave of players that tested positive for COVID-19, but he's since recovered and ready to attack the re-started season. He could have a slightly larger role out the gates with Kemba Walker (knee) expected to be limited.

SOURCE: masslive

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

An MRI revealed that De'Aaron Fox suffered a left ankle sprain at Wednesday's practice and he'll be re-evalauted in 7-10 days. Yikes, Fox had a tough time staying healthy this season, and this is the second time he's sustained an ankle injury during practice. We don't know the severity just yet, but he won't have much time to recover with the season set to restart at the end of July. If he's not ready when the season resumes, Cory Joseph would start and Buddy Hield would be asked to do a bit more on offense. Stay tuned.

SOURCE: Jason Anderson on Twitter

The Pelicans announced Thursday morning that Zion Williamson has left the team to attend to an "urgent family medical matter." "We fully support Zion's decision to leave the NBA campus to be with his family," Pelicans executive VP David Griffin said in a statement released by the team. "Out of respect for the Williamson family, we will have no further comment at this time." Williamson plans to rejoin the team in Orlando at a later date, but when that will be is unknown for obvious reasons. And upon his return the rookie will have to go through a quarantine period before he's allowed to rejoin the rest of the Pelicans travel party. New Orleans opens seeding play on July 30 against the Jazz.

SOURCE: New Orleans Pelicans

Mavericks head coach Rick Carlisle said on Thursday that Jalen Brunson has remained in Dallas to finish rehab after undergoing surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. Carlisle also reiterated that Brunson, who underwent surgery in March right after play was halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will not see any action this season. It remains to be seen if he will join his teammates in Orlando at some point.

SOURCE: Callie Caplan on Twitter

That's actually a good thing for DAL as Seth Curry was lighting it up when given the opportunity at the end of the season in February/March. 30+ minutes a game for Seth is a good thing for DAL.

Rick Carlisle reiterated on Thursday that Dwight Powell (right Achilles tendon) will not play again this season, even if the team were to reach the NBA Finals. This was understood from the moment that Powell ruptured his Achilles in January, with the recovery period projected to run anywhere from nine to twelve months. But he has made strides in his recovery, as it was reported in early July that Powell was doing some light jogging and agility work. The Mavericks will be without two rotation players in Orlando, as Jalen Brunson (right shoulder) continues to rehab after undergoing surgery to repair a torn labrum.

SOURCE: Dwain Price on Twitter

Nikola Jokic (COVID-19) joined his teammates for Wednesday's practice session in Orlando. Jokic tested positive for COVID-19 in his native Serbia in June, and after getting back to full strength he dealt with some travel issues in getting back to the States. After going through the league-mandated quarantine period, the All-Star center was back on the court with his teammates for Wednesday's practice. Jokic and the Nuggets open their eight-game schedule on August 1 with a matchup against the Heat.

SOURCE: Denver Nuggets

Trey Lyles will not be available for the Spurs' re-start due to appendicitis. The Spurs are already without LaMarcus Aldridge (shoulder) for the remainder of the 2019-20 re-start, so without Lyles they'll be leaning heavily on Jakob Poeltl, Chimezie Metu and Luka Samanic. Most of the Spurs' fantasy value will skew to the guards, though Poeltl will be an intriguing per-minute source of boards and blocks.

SOURCE: Paul Garcia on Twitter

Markieff Morris has reportedly not joined the Lakers in Orlando due to an "excused absence." Morris is "expected to join the [Lakers] in the bubble soon."

SOURCE: Mike Trudell on Twitter

A LeBron James rookie card, currently set to sell for nearly $1 million at auction, could fetch up to $2 million by the time bidding ends on Saturday night, as detailed by Scott Polacek of Bleacher Report:
    Bidding opened at $150,000, but it was up to $900,000 as of Wednesday night. With the fee, that would push the final price to more than $1 million.

Look for it to go much higher before bidding ends Saturday at 10 p.m. ET, though, as TMZ Sports noted experts believe it could fetch $2 million by the end of the auction.

A LeBron James rookie card, currently set to sell for nearly $1 million at auction, could fetch up to $2 million by the time bidding ends on Saturday night, as detailed by Scott Polacek of Bleacher Report:
    Bidding opened at $150,000, but it was up to $900,000 as of Wednesday night. With the fee, that would push the final price to more than $1 million.

Look for it to go much higher before bidding ends Saturday at 10 p.m. ET, though, as TMZ Sports noted experts believe it could fetch $2 million by the end of the auction.
    Oh man, I better dust off my Gregg Jefferies Donruss Rated Rookie card. And my Billy Ripken fk face!

On NBA cards, I actually bought exactly one pack of cards for the 1986-87 Fleer set ('Nique but no Jordan for me). If I had bought as many packs of that Fleer basketball set as I did Topps baseball cards the same year, I'd be comfortably retired.

14. Likes:

adkindo (07-17-2020),Kingspoint (07-16-2020),M2 (07-16-2020),Revering4Blue (07-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Oh man, I better dust off my Gregg Jefferies Donruss Rated Rookie card. And my Billy Ripken fk face!

On NBA cards, I actually bought exactly one pack of cards for the 1986-87 Fleer set ('Nique but no Jordan for me). If I had bought as many packs of that Fleer basketball set as I did Topps baseball cards the same year, I'd be comfortably retired.
    My favorite baseball set is the '86 Fleer Glossy (and the extended set that they added to it). Worked at a card shop in '87.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post

My favorite baseball set is the '86 Fleer Glossy (and the extended set that they added to it). Worked at a card shop in '87.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

James Harden was a full participant in Thursday's practice. "I thought we'd have to ramp him up a little bit, but he's been going hard before he got here," said Mike D'Antoni of Harden. "I didn't see any difference whatsoever. We'll watch tomorrow. If he's sore, maybe we'll back him off. He looks like he's ready to go." Harden was a late arrival to the Orlando Bubble due to a family issue, but it sounds like he stayed in shape during the hiatus.

SOURCE: Alykhan Bijani on Twitter

- - - Updated - - -

I was a late 80's (mostly baseball) collector. Still have the thousands of cards. Sucks that was the era of mass over production, and few cards maintained any real value.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-17-2020)

Turn Off Ads?