Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Shout-out to Colin Sexton!!!!

What a pity there were no fans in the stands to see that?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I watched that 2nd overtime. Now I can say I was there when Colin Sexton (20 points in a row in 2nd OT) melted a basketball floor (20 points in a row in 2nd OT), the Nets sneakers (20 points in a row in 2nd OT), and my projector lens (20 points in a row in 2nd OT).

The Cavs announcers could finish even fewer sentences than normal over the last few minutes of the game.

Edit...ok, it wasn't actually all 20 points for Sexton in the second overtime, but it sure felt like it.
    He assisted on what he didn't score. That was as close to the nintendo game as you can get, and I only read the play-by-play.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The Capela-Collins duo with another solid night at the office in OT win vs Detroit. Collins 31/11 and Capela (double checks box score) 27/26.

Hawks still very much a work in progress, but this is more entertaining than the franchise has been in a long time.

Wait...you watched part of a game involving Daniel Theis and you think Embiid flops?

Yowzers.
    Yeah it can be both.

I watched that 2nd overtime. Now I can say I was there when Colin Sexton (20 points in a row in 2nd OT) melted a basketball floor (20 points in a row in 2nd OT), the Nets sneakers (20 points in a row in 2nd OT), and my projector lens (20 points in a row in 2nd OT).

The Cavs announcers could finish even fewer sentences than normal over the last few minutes of the game.

Edit...ok, it wasn't actually all 20 points for Sexton in the second overtime, but it sure felt like it.
    I think he also hit the 3 to send it to the 2nd OT.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Yeah it can be both.
    I have not followed the Magic very much this season....and not around as many Magic fans as usual....what do most think the team will do this season in regards to moving veterans before the deadline? Fournier, Vucevic, Ennis, Ross....maybe Gordon? Personally, I just think without Isaac and Fultz, this is not the year to try to snag the 7th or 8th playoff spot. I would be very tempted to try to move much of that money ASAP...hopefully collect some draft capital for 2021 and 2022....focus on a quick rebuild. I know the Magic have been sensitive to tanking in the past because the fans will not show up, but the fans are not there anyway this year.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Yes, yes. You dislike the Sixers. I get it. Oh god, do I get it.
    I dislike Embiid. He's a prima donna. I also dislike Simmons.

Philadelphia is fine.

What a performance by Sexton. He’s quietly turning into a premier offensive guard. Averaging 25 ppg. Good player and only 22 years old.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

adkindo (01-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

Philadelphia is fine.
    Joel Embiid is eminently unlikeable. Simmons is alright.

Philadelphia is fine.
    I am not a fan of Embiid. It has calm down a lot now, but the NBA media use to praise him for his personality and things he would say on social media. He leaned into it trying to get more attention, and was basically just being a jerk and it went beyond competitive banter. At the same time, dude had to miss a game or 2 every week, was never in shape, and his team had never won anything. Maybe if he gets past that stuff, and can lead his team to some success, I will change my opinion of him....but at the time he just came off as a clown.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What a performance by Sexton. He’s quietly turning into a premier offensive guard. Averaging 25 ppg. Good player and only 22 years old.
    I was never out there claiming Sexton will be this or that...but I liked him in the draft. I recall a lot of "NBA Draft Twitter" trashed the guy. It is good to see him continue to develop into a difference maker.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

14. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    The Capela-Collins duo with another solid night at the office in OT win vs Detroit. Collins 31/11 and Capela (double checks box score) 27/26.

Hawks still very much a work in progress, but this is more entertaining than the franchise has been in a long time.
    Hawks are one of the most fun teams to watch....still have a lot of holes and weaknesses, but very entertaining.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I was never out there claiming Sexton will be this or that...but I liked him in the draft. I recall a lot of "NBA Draft Twitter" trashed the guy. It is good to see him continue to develop into a difference maker.
    Last year he was coming along, but it was hard to tell if he was just the guy scoring on a bad team, or actually good. It’s getting hard to argue this season that he isn’t just a good player.

Cavs are still missing some guys, but if they can get and stay healthy they can absolutely be a playoff team in the East.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-21-2021)

It was ridiculous on both counts.

A 7'3" guys as strong as Embiid is should never flop as much as Embiid, but the dude looks like a giraffe on roller skates out there.
    I think we all want him to knock over other players like bowling pins as if he was Shaq 2.0. I suspect he'd foul out of the game quickly if he played that way.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think we all want him to knock over other players like bowling pins as if he was Shaq 2.0. I suspect he'd foul out of the game quickly if he played that way.
    I don't want him knocking people over. I want him not to play the victim every time down the court.

He's either taunting opposing players, getting into fights, complaining about not getting touches, or complaining about getting hacked 90% of the time he plays.

Too, I'm diametrically opposed to a guy as talented as he is on the blocks wandering around the perimeter jacking up threes when his outside game sucks butt.

20. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (01-21-2021)

Turn Off Ads?