Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Actually, you do force it. Target who you want. Trade up or down to get them. Play the draft. Don't let the draft play you.

In addition, use the draft picks wisely. They don't trade them or acquire them. They went into last year's draft along with the San Diego Chargers as the only team who hadn't traded or acquired any future picks from 2019 and beyond. That to me, shows that they are just cashing all of their paychecks and that they don't give a rat's patooty. There is no slack whatsoever that Bengals' Ownership should get. The Browns need to be run out of town on a rail. They need to be tarred and feathered. They are the only ones responsible for the product on the field. Not the Coaches. Not the Players. The Owners. And the responsibility of making Ownership responsible belongs to the Fans, who are sheep, at best, in Cincinnati. Hate it all you want, but it's true. And only a sheep would say, and I quote, "there's nothing a fan can do about it".

- - - Updated - - -

Bob Sheed is right.
    I buy some of that in that there are guys on the wire they could have easily brought in to fill some holes but decided to promote from the practice squad. Running that D line out there and being gouged for 200 yds is insane, with Daniels going down we knew it would get worse. Running that O line out there to see what works and getting Burrow killed in the experiment is criminal. There are still names on the wire, Snacks Harrison and Dareus are both good run stoppers and anyone is better than the right side of our line...yet here we are.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like Shreck is back.

"Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Auden Tate not happy with his current role:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/9/1...deiric-jackson

With the emergence of Brandon Wilson on special teams, Erickson's value is pretty low - he's brought nothing to the offense. I'd take Tate over him. Maybe now with Uzomah out for the year, they could use him as a hybrid TE/WR. Either way, he shouldn't be on the bench.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Auden Tate not happy with his current role:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/9/1...deiric-jackson

With the emergence of Brandon Wilson on special teams, Erickson's value is pretty low - he's brought nothing to the offense. I'd take Tate over him. Maybe now with Uzomah out for the year, they could use him as a hybrid TE/WR. Either way, he shouldn't be on the bench.
    Beat writers talked about this on Twitter...they were shocked that Taylor did not dress Tate said the rapport between Tate and Burrow was the best story in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Burrow is better than I expected. Two games in a short period of time without Rookie Minicamps and without a preseason is a tall task.

Tee Higgins may end up becoming a good WR, but he should have never been that pick. They should have gone with the best T or G.

The next draft has to be T and G in that order.

Their key players are getting old and look to be slowing a step. Dunlap failed to get much pressure last night, AJ looks slow, and Atkins has been unable to see the field.

Thursday night games suck.
    I had no problem with picking a WR in the second round.

1. Only two offensive linemen were taken in the second round. One was a guard who went to the Dolphins and the other was a tackle who went to the Vikings near the end of the second round.

2. This was slated to be the deepest receiver draft in the past 20 years. Six receivers went in the first and seven went in the second. Ross is likely a bust and AJ isn’t getting any younger. For value and BPA I don’t blame the Bengals going the route they did I just hope Higgins is the right receiver.

2021 needs to be the trenches, period. OL first round and DE/DT after.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

RiverRat13 (09-21-2020)

I keep thinking of Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys as a blueprint, but I don't want Burrow hurt to achieve it.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I keep thinking of Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys as a blueprint, but I don't want Burrow hurt to achieve it.
    I think it will happen whether Burrow gets hurt or not. He’s got incredible potential but whatever happens this season is out of his control.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I had no problem with picking a WR in the second round.

1. Only two offensive linemen were taken in the second round. One was a guard who went to the Dolphins and the other was a tackle who went to the Vikings near the end of the second round.

2. This was slated to be the deepest receiver draft in the past 20 years. Six receivers went in the first and seven went in the second. Ross is likely a bust and AJ isn’t getting any younger. For value and BPA I don’t blame the Bengals going the route they did I just hope Higgins is the right receiver.

2021 needs to be the trenches, period. OL first round and DE/DT after.
    I think Higgins was the wrong pick. I think there were teams who were willing to trade up for the 33rd pick giving the Bengals a later 2nd rounder as well as another pick in the draft. They still could have gotten a quality 2nd round WR or drafted a bigger position of need while adding picks.

Ross is gone after this season and AJ is too, which will leave a hole in the offense. But have we heard much about Higgins from practice?

I'm feeling win #1 in the Burrow era this week against Philly. I'll go with 27-21.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

12. Likes:

forfreelin04 (09-21-2020),RiverRat13 (09-21-2020)

But have we heard much about Higgins from practice?
    Had twice as many snaps as Ross last week and appears to have moved up to 3rd at WR. Green/Boyd/Higgins.
    Last edited by membengal; 09-21-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

14. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-21-2020)

I think it will happen whether Burrow gets hurt or not. He’s got incredible potential but whatever happens this season is out of his control.
    Burrow is good enough to win four or five just by himself.

That won't get the top pick or even top 5 most likely.Aikman was drafted, got hurt, then the Cowboys drafted like 5000 probowlers the following draft.

The Cowboys were helped by the idiocy of Mike Lynn from Minnesota and his overrating the need for Herschel Walker.
    That many picks for a RB who was already worn down because they thought they were closer to the SB then they really were.

17. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-22-2020),wolfboy (09-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The Cowboys were helped by the idiocy of Mike Lynn from Minnesota and his overrating the need for Herschel Walker.
    That many picks for a RB who was already worn down because they thought they were closer to the SB then they really were.
    Exactly. And Joe Mixon isn’t exactly Herschel Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Beat writers talked about this on Twitter...they were shocked that Taylor did not dress Tate said the rapport between Tate and Burrow was the best story in camp.
    I thought he’d have played a much bigger part. A big body RZ receiver would help us and he made some great plays last season.

Exactly. And Joe Mixon isn’t exactly Herschel Walker.
    Teams look at backs different now too...you would not see a trade like that today.

Turn Off Ads?