Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Pacers flipping Dipo for LeVert. I like that deal for Indy.
    The Pacers get two extra years of control with LeVert. They've got a window.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-13-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

These are the picks and the swaps that Houston will be getting from the Nets:
    This is a massive trade with a ton of moving parts to break down, but let’s start with the Nets’ side of the deal. The draft picks they’re sending to Houston are their unprotected first-rounders in 2022, 2024, and 2026, according to Wojnarowski, who tweets that the Rockets will have the ability to swap first-round picks with the Nets in 2021, 2023, 2025, and 2027 (without protections, tweets Zach Lowe of ESPN).

Ok, so I'm at 90% we're getting a Nets/Lakers Finals. I'd be at 95% if Kyrie wasn't doing what he's doing.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Pacers flipping Dipo for LeVert. I like that deal for Indy.
    He!! Yes!

And it also rights a wrong for the Pacers franchise: Larry Bird attempting to appease PG13 by dealing the rights to LeVert to Brooklyn in '16 (draft) along with a future 2nd rounder for Thad Young, as George wanted no part of playing PF.

Kevin Pritchard does it again!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

7. Likes:

redsfanmia (01-13-2021)

Ok, so I'm at 90% we're getting a Nets/Lakers Finals. I'd be at 95% if Kyrie wasn't doing what he's doing.
    Whereas I think the Rockets will have a better record over the rest of the season than the Nets will.

I don't follow the NBA hardly at all but this got my attention. That's a pretty sweet haul for trading a guy who was forcing a trade. Are the players they got any good or were they balancing salary?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Going to be a lot of sorting out to do with this Harden deal. Two main thoughts:

1. Harden + Kyrie has combustible potential.

2. Jarrett Allen is a sweet get for the Cavs.
    Yeah it’s obviously not the focus of the trade but Allen and Prince for Exum and a late 1st is a nice piece of business for the Cavs.

11. Likes:

M2 (01-13-2021),Revering4Blue (01-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I don't follow the NBA hardly at all but this got my attention. That's a pretty sweet haul for trading a guy who was forcing a trade. Are the players they got any good or were they balancing salary?
    Victor Oladipo is pretty good, though he's a free agent after this season. Oddly, the Cavs got two solid players out of this. Feels like they ought to be sending a player Houston's way to make the salaries work.

Victor Oladipo is pretty good, though he's a free agent after this season. Oddly, the Cavs got two solid players out of this. Feels like they ought to be sending a player Houston's way to make the salaries work.
    Exum weirdly makes like $10M

14. Likes:

M2 (01-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Whereas I think the Rockets will have a better record over the rest of the season than the Nets will.
    I have a hard time believing the Nets don't strangle each other.

16. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-13-2021)

Pritchard does it again. Oladipo just wasn't returning to his old self and was about to become too expensive. LeVert provides a bit of everything, especially scoring, and should blend in very well with this group.

Kudos to the NETS for somehow holding on to Dinwiddie.

When all is said and done, I imagine there are four or five 1st rd picks heading to HOU.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    He!! Yes!

And it also rights a wrong for the Pacers franchise: Larry Bird attempting to appease PG13 by dealing the rights to LeVert to Brooklyn in '16 (draft) along with a future 2nd rounder for Thad Young, as George wanted no part of playing PF.

Kevin Pritchard does it again!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    I swear I did not see anyone's post until after I had posted mine and you and I typed the exact same sentence. Amazing. Got to get back to work.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Burned his bridges in Indy, had to be dealt.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I think it will be a bumpy road for the Nets but I think they get to the playoffs and at that point if Kyrie, Harden, and KD are all healthy that is all that matters. I don't see Boston, Philadelphia, Miami, or Milwaukee winning 4 of 7 games against that Big 3.

21. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Burned his bridges in Indy, had to be dealt.
    Totally agree, but he gives Houston fans someone to watch for the rest of this season.

23. Likes:

redsfanmia (01-13-2021)

Turn Off Ads?