Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    More history for Dame:

1st player in NBA history to score 40+ get 13+ Assists without committing a Turnover. Significant because he had seven of them on Monday.
    Dame was fantastic tonight. Going KAT over him in my lineup tonight cost me many hundreds of dollars. Never occurred to me that both Dame AND McCollum would torch the Kings.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    While some may disagree with this take, given that I consider the 76ers as Team 1A in my rooting fandom - though I try to consider myself a thorough fan of NBA hoops - I'm breathing a sigh of relief that Simmons and Maxie are still Sixers.

If there are other creative ways to improve the team, Morey will assuredly do so should the opportunity present itself. After all, who would have expected him to unload Horford's contract so easily without long term repercussions. That was pure alchemy.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    I think Simmons is a fine player, just extremely limited in a 3p shooting game. To me if they are 100% sold on Maxey then Simmons is a piece you move. So either they're not sold yet or didn't get anything worth biting on. But if I were Philly I'd be surrounding Embiid with shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Dame was fantastic tonight. Going KAT over him in my lineup tonight cost me many hundreds of dollars. Never occurred to me that both Dame AND McCollum would torch the Kings.
    They never both got 10+ Assists before in the same game. Nurk got it going in the 4th. They needed all of it as SAC shot 60%+ from three for most of the game. Lillard loves playing against the Kings. He's never lost a season series to them. Of course, Dame's highest scoring averages are against LAL and GSW.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

5. Likes:

Stray (01-14-2021)

I think Simmons is a fine player, just extremely limited in a 3p shooting game. To me if they are 100% sold on Maxey then Simmons is a piece you move. So either they're not sold yet or didn't get anything worth biting on. But if I were Philly I'd be surrounding Embiid with shooters.
    Curry can give them 14/5 on 24 minutes a night with 44% from '3'. That's valuable as a 1B PG. Curry also plays good Defense. He's a perfect complement to Embiid.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    There was a discussion on NBA TV following the conclusion of the Pacers/Warriors game about this very subject. Given this discussion took place before today's multi-team blockbuster deal took place, the consensus was that the Pacers have multiple All Star level players , but no true superstar, as they were including Oladipo. And if one of their all stars takes the next step and goes nuclear (see Jamal Murray during last season's playoffs) and/or an additional Pacer who is knocking on the door of All Star level - In this case, LeVert or Warren - steps up to complement their two All Stars, Sabonis and Brogdan, they'll have a reasonably good chance against anyone in the East, especially with more performances from Turner that mirror his game against the Warriors.

The hope is that LeVert - both as a facilitator or in usenin a pick-and-roll situation - will help to take the pressure off of Sabonis and Brogdan, who are currently playing an unsustainable amount of minutes, as well as placing the shooters (Brogdan, Turner, Justin Holiday, McBuckets et all) in a better position to knock down shots, thereby allowing more space for Sabonis to operate.

Multiple 'ifs' for the Pacers moving forward? Yes. But every team in the East, including prohibitive favorites Milwaukee (IMHO, still the team to beat in the East) and Brooklyn, has them. And I truly believe that Boston, with all of their injuries, given god health, is also getting overlooked here.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Sabonis definitely needs more space to operate.

I've always wanted to see Pritchard given the time (five years for a G.M.) for his vision to show itself from beginning to success. Paul Allen cut him off at the knees and that lesson took years for him to adjust and get another chance. Always believed in his philosophy for winning (moreso than any other Blazer since Bucky Buckwalter, and even moreso than Bucky, I think. Like all plans, they get derailed (Oladipo's unexpected injury) for a little while, but as long as Ownership doesn't get in the way, any good G.M. should have a pattern of forward moves that keeps any major chink from derailing the end results. Pritchard is getting closer to being able to take a riskier move that pushes IND into elite status in the East. See how this year's development plays out, see how much experience they get in the playoffs this May/June and reevaluate after that.

He's a perfect complement to Embiid.
    I'm with you till here. Curry is a solid player for sure, but he's not much more than that. Nothing about Seth Curry is ever gonna fit prefect.

I'm with you till here. Curry is a solid player for sure, but he's not much more than that. Nothing about Seth Curry is ever gonna fit prefect.
    He has an extremely high basketball IQ. He spreads the floor for Embiid better than anyone on that team or in the league, for that matter, plus he can run the pick-and-roll or pick-and-pop with him as a 1B PG.

C.J. and Dame combined for 68 points, 23 Assists and only 1 Turnover.

Not to say he isn't very good because he is, but very good players get replaced all the time in this league.
    I don't know if basketball fans will ever really know how good he is. I remember a Rockets-Celtics game where for the first 2.5 quarters you would have barely known Kyrie was on the court. Suddenly, he flipped a switch, and for the next 8 minutes or so he was completely unstoppable. Then, just like that, he faded into background once again. It was so odd.

Here's a funny item: In Basketball-Reference they have one of Kyrie's nicknames listed as "World B. Flat".

12. Likes:

M2 (01-14-2021),Revering4Blue (01-14-2021),RichRed (01-14-2021)

Something funny on Harden going to BKN that I stole from twitter. The trio original OKC trio of Westbrook/Durant/Harden has now played via every permutation. Only Durant in GSW has titles to show for it.

OKC - Westbrook/Durant/Harden

OKC - Westbrook/Durant
    HOU - Westbrook/Harden
    BKN - Durant/Harden

WAS - Westbrook
    GSW - Durant
    HOU - Harden
    Last edited by Griffey012; 01-14-2021 at 08:25 AM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

I passed that torch at the beginning of the 2018-19 season. The "within" part is significant, as you say.
    Who is the the unequivocal #1 guy in the league right now? Is there one? I mean Jordan was in his prime, Lebron was in his prime, and although I thought Kobe was in his prime, I know it was never undisputed. I think we are back in a period of not having an undisputed #1 in the NBA....the guy you would just look silly arguing against. I assume Giannis would get a plurality of the votes, but there would be a few others that would likely get a material amount of support. It will probably be hard for Giannis to ever really hold that title until he wins a championship.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Something funny on Harden going to BKN that I stole from twitter. The trio original OKC trio of Westbrook/Durant/Harden has now played via every permutation. Only Durant in GSW has titles to show for it.

OKC - Westbrook/Durant/Harden

OKC - Westbrook/Durant
    HOU - Westbrook/Harden
    BKN - Durant/Harden

WAS - Westbrook
    GSW - Durant
    HOU - Harden
    Interesting....I think Westbrook and Harden would have a title if they got to play with Steph, Klay and Draymond at their peak also. Hell, I would even have a title if I got to play with those guys at their peak.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Interesting....I think Westbrook and Harden would have a title if they got to play with Steph, Klay and Draymond at their peak also. Hell, I would even have a title if I got to play with those guys at their peak.
    Durant was, IMO, the driver of their second championship and even moreso their third. It's not like he just stood out there.

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-14-2021)

Rando thought on Houston trying to move Dipo. Wouldn't a contending team just rather have DeRo?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Rando thought on Houston trying to move Dipo. Wouldn't a contending team just rather have DeRo?
    Depends on what you want, really.

Both will be available, I'd guess.

20. Likes:

M2 (01-14-2021),Revering4Blue (01-14-2021)

Turn Off Ads?