Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 9-28-22 Reds @ Pirates 12:35

Re: 9-28-22 Reds @ Pirates 12:35

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Watching hurricane coverage. We’ve been to Sanibel every year since 1999. Hate to see what the damage will be there.
    I have friends on Pine Island. Could end up pretty ugly.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well, I just got home to see the 10th and it's another L

2. Turn Off Ads?

Newman bloops a hit over Lopez head at 2B

Pirates win in 10 innings 4-3

Newman flares one out to CF for a base hit. Siani can’t get a throw off but I don’t think he could have gotten the runner.

Reds lose 4-3.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-28-2022)

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-28-2022)

A walk to lead-off the 10th after the visiting team doesn't score is often a good move, as it was today. Neither team could advance the lead run with no out, but the Pirates were able to get the runner in from 2nd with 2 outs even though the game winning hit was hit way worse than the Reds 2 out bid.

Watching hurricane coverage. We’ve been to Sanibel every year since 1999. Hate to see what the damage will be there.
    Charley hitting it in 2004 changed it quite a bit. If you've been going since 1999, you know

We went there in the early 90s. Very lovely place. Would love to go bsck.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Charley hitting it in 2004 changed it quite a bit. If you've been going since 1999, you know
    Yep. We were there about 2 weeks before it hit. As we left the island, there were rumblings about a big hurricane.

We were in Sanibel the following year when Wilma approached. We left early to get the hell out of Dodge.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I'm all for the team bottoming out if it's what's best for the future.

But still losing now 7 in a row to the Pirates. I mean really? I cant believe the Reds have more wins this year than them

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
    I'm all for the team bottoming out if it's what's best for the future.

But still losing now 7 in a row to the Pirates. I mean really? I cant believe the Reds have more wins this year than them
    Really inexcuseable.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Losing 7 in a row to the Prates just drives home the fact of how far this franchise has fallen. IMO it is at its lowest point of my fandom of the Reds. Even worse than those 82 and 83 seasons. I really see little hope in this franchise as long as current owners are in place.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

15. Likes:

Roy Tucker (09-29-2022)

For those of you interested in attendance figures

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Announced attendance at PNC Park for all three games of Pirates-Reds combined: 26,616.

Last edited by Ron Madden; 09-29-2022 at 12:55 PM.

17. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    For those of you interested in attendance figures
    I highly doubt that many were actually there. I think they announce tickets sold not actual fannies in seats. But not sure about that. I have heard it both ways. But I feel confident there were less than 5,000 there the first two night and maybe just a few more than that for the day game yesterday.. Reds are pretty close to these types of figures now. I suspect next season they will be down to the Pirate level unless they are surprisingly good. I wonder were you can see the attendance figures for the season? I was wondering during this series what the attendance was for the Reds and Pirates for the season? Neither could be much more than 1 million, if that?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

19. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I highly doubt that many were actually there. I think they announce tickets sold not actual fannies in seats. But not sure about that. I have heard it both ways. But I feel confident there were less than 5,000 there the first two night and maybe just a few more than that for the day game yesterday.. Reds are pretty close to these types of figures now. I suspect next season they will be down to the Pirate level unless they are surprisingly good. I wonder were you can see the attendance figures for the season? I was wondering during this series what the attendance was for the Reds and Pirates for the season? Neither could be much more than 1 million, if that?

REDS = 1,358,304 (about 17,600 per)

BUCS = 1, 216, 595

Only the Marlins and A's will fall short of a million . Reds rank 23rd in average attendance, about the same as Baltimore. Dodgers, Cards, Yankees, and Braves will eclipse 3 million. Padres will be close.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

21. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-29-2022),Ron Madden (09-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    REDS = 1,358,304 (about 17,600 per)

BUCS = 1, 216, 595

Only the Marlins and A's will fall short of a million . Reds rank 23rd in average attendance, about the same as Baltimore. Dodgers, Cards, Yankees, and Braves will eclipse 3 million. Padres will be close.

Reds' attendance/1990 : 2,400,892

Reds' attendance/1976 : 2,629,708

THANKS , BOB!!!
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Turn Off Ads?