Turn Off Ads?
Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1159

Thread: NLDS Game 2 Reds vs. Philly

Re: NLDS Game 2 Reds vs. Philly

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Seriously, do you REALLY believe that?

Tell me, how many people actually thought the Reds would have a good shot at winning the World Series? You wanna be upset about this game? Go ahead. But, in my eyes at least, things aren't quite as bad as you seem to want to make them. Great year, very promising future. You're going to complain because the championship didn't happen in year 1? Really? Nah, I don't buy that. I'm disappointed about this week, but VERY happy about this year.

will you be mad if it takes another 15 years to make the playoffs again?

2. Turn Off Ads?

One thing about Scott Rolen, he may have had a tough game tonight, but I'll be he steps up to the mic in the postgame interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    will you be mad if it takes another 15 years to make the playoffs again?
    Betcha that won't happen.

I don't care if they were supposed to make the playoffs in 2010 or not.
    They DID make the playoffs and game #1 was them being no hit and game #2 was them crapping all over themselves.

Tell me, how many people actually thought the Reds would have a good shot at winning the World Series? You wanna be upset about this game? Go ahead. But, in my eyes at least, things aren't quite as bad as you seem to want to make them. Great year, very promising future. You're going to complain because the championship didn't happen in year 1? Really? Nah, I don't buy that. I'm disappointed about this week, but VERY happy about this year.
    Doesn't matter what we thought before. They're here and they should have won that game. They had a chance to win this series and then I like their chances next round. I don't count in them making the playoffs next year, they were here this year and absolutely gave away their chance.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    One thing about Scott Rolen, he may have had a tough game tonight, but I'll be he steps up to the mic in the postgame interviews.
    I'm sure that'll make arroyo feel better. Lol.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

The point isn't whether they would have won the world series or not. The point is, they had a chance to make a series of it tonight and they booted it a awy. Does that make them horrible people? No. Will the sund come up tomorrow? Yes. but people still have every right to be mad and frustrated about the way this game was lost.

Heck yeah, I believe it. Good seasons don't roll around very often. You make the playoffs, you *have* to have your eye on winning the whole thing. There are veteran and talented teams you'll play. If you go into the games *hoping* things turn out well, a veteran team will do, well, what the Phils did tonight.

I have no idea what the Reds' mind set was. But you have to have a killer instinct. You played 6 months of a backbreaking 162 games to get here. And unless you have a laser focus, you can blow that season in 20 minutes.

I think being happy is just weak.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Doesn't matter what we thought before. They're here and they should have won that game. They had a chance to win this series and then I like their chances next round. I don't count in them making the playoffs next year, they were here this year and absolutely gave away their chance.
    The point isn't whether they would have won the world series or not. The point is, they had a chance to make a series of it tonight and they booted it a awy. Does that make them horrible people? No. Will the sund come up tomorrow? Yes. but people still have every right to be mad and frustrated about the way this game was lost.
    Yep, they DID screw up. But if people want to say that they threw away their only chance and won't have another chance for 15 years.... take a breath, count to 10, whatever.

edit: Roy, not sure what else I can say that I haven't already. Wanna complain that they won't have another shot? Fine. I'll bow out and let ya guys do that. Just let me know when you come to your senses. K?
    Last edited by redsfandan; 10-08-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Well, if nothing else...this game was a learning experience. I still love this club and I think we'll be seeing the post season fairly regularly for the next few years. But this game really showed our youth IMO.

Yep, they DID screw up. But if people want to say that the threw away their only chance and won't have another chance for 15 years.... take a breath, count to 10, whatever.
    Doesn't matter whether they don't get another chances in the next fifteen years or get 15 more in the next fifteen. You don't give away games in the postseason. And it doesn't make you a bad fan if you don't feel like singing Kumbaya when they do.

Doesn't matter whether they don't get another chances in the next fifteen years or get 15 more in the next fifteen. You don't give away games in the postseason.
    Unless your the Twins. Then you give them away every year.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

If you want to know why the national media ignores the Reds a lot of times, watch the tape of tonight's game. Teams that lose like that don't get picked to win in the post season.

While I agree they have a team built for the future it is dangerous assuming you are going to be back in the postseason. A lot can happen from year to year and a lot of teams that thought they would be back for another run are not back for years. Except for these teams that can spend their way into the postseason other teams have a smaller margin for error and you never know what is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    While I agree they have a team built for the future it is dangerous assuming you are going to be back in the postseason. A lot can happen from year to year and a lot of teams that thought they would be back for another run are not back for years. Except for these teams that can spend their way into the postseason other teams have a smaller margin for error and you never know what is going to happen.
    Exactly, the Cards and the Cubs are a few big purchases away from sending the Reds home before the playoffs every year.

Turn Off Ads?