Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263 LastLast

Thread: 10-1-20 Reds @ Braves WCS Game 2

Re: 10-1-20 Reds @ Braves WCS Game 2

Sometimes it's not that you lose, it's how you lose. And this was the worse way to lose....without even a whimper. Some broken part of me kinda wish they'd saved the embarrassment and missed the playoffs. That's what we're used to anyway.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (10-01-2020),SirFelixCat (10-01-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Everything that is both right and wrong with the Reds was on display these last 2 games, everything.

1. Offense
    2. Defense
    3. Iglesius
    4. Bell
    5. front office

The front office for many things that are wrong but one for me that stands out was trading Duvall. I'm a little biased since he is from my hometown, but he would be by far, our best outfielder today.

I could elaborate on these further but it's pointless.

The only only positives this year has been our starting pitching and most of our bullpen came around, except of course Iggy.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (10-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Can’t blame the offense here, you gotta tip your cap to literally every single pitcher in MLB
    22 innings and 0 runs against the team ( if I heard right)with the worst starting pitchers to make the playoffs?
    Last edited by wlf WV; 10-01-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    May the Lord bless

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedsFan View Post
    You got me to google Dianna Agron since I hadn't heard of her.
    Enjoy! She’s all kinds of gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vlwalton View Post
    Actually the Reds organization has had the HR or Bust approach for several seasons now. That's why changes needs to be made starting at the top with Dick.
    Changes also need to be made in the game itself, starting with regulating the shift, and moving fences back...
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Let me get this straight: They played 22 innings of post season baseball and didn't score a run?
    And if I heard right, against the worst starting pitching to ever make the playoffs.
    May the Lord bless

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    22 innings and 0 runs against the team with the worst starting pitchers to make the playoffs?
    I think they were being sarcastic....

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Would we really have wanted the Reds to take it all in 2020? Given the inevitable asterisks? And we'd have to defend those forever???
    Uh......yeah.

I honestly have no idea what they do from here. They should've had a mashing offense all year, but just didn't. Getting Moose, Cast and Shogo seemed like a good plan. For whatever reason, the lineup just never meshed as a unit. Getting better on base percentage is obviously a priority, but who do they target for that? And will it make a difference since it seems like ultimately nothing does.

12. Likes:

malcontent (10-01-2020),REDREAD (10-01-2020)

I've stayed silent during these two playoff games. It's almost like knew what would happen. This team was not ready to contend for the NL crown yet. Holes at short, catcher, and bullpen didn't help. Time to do some dealing. I imagine Cast will opt out and Bauer will move on. The outfield is too crowded and give s Bell far too much to play with. His love affair with players like Davidson and Jankowski is horrible. Many will defend him with the 60-game season, but in my mind he simply makes too many moves during the game to be successful. Many will disagree, but many didn't agree with firing Price, so nothing new.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

14. Likes:

REDREAD (10-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Looks a little like Kristen Bell, who is also quite fetching.

Well..... that was a complete and total embarrassment of a series

17. Likes:

REDREAD (10-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I've stayed silent during these two playoff games. It's almost like knew what would happen. This team was not ready to contend for the NL crown yet. Holes at short, catcher, and bullpen didn't help. Time to do some dealing. I imagine Cast will opt out and Bauer will move on. The outfield is too crowded and give s Bell far too much to play with. His love affair with players like Davidson and Jankowski is horrible. Many will defend him with the 60-game season, but in my mind he simply makes too many moves during the game to be successful. Many will disagree, but many didn't agree with firing Price, so nothing new.
    No disagreement from me. Bell will eventually join the Brian Prices of the world, who only get offered managerial jobs with the Cincinnati Reds. And for good reason.

Getting rid of him won't fix everything, but it would be a step toward improvement if they can replace him with someone proven like Bochy.

The problem is that given the current front office a proven manager like Bochy will not be hired. The problem with the Reds organization starts at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    She is recently single too, so there’s still hope.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by T Harper View Post
    And Votto retires.
    relax, Votto will retire as soon as he pops out to the 1st baseman twice in the same game.

Turn Off Ads?