Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

This is bad news!! I guess on the hopeful side, they have a month to figure it out. If they don't I will be gone. I hate that because I love the service.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The optimist in me is hoping that YTTV throwing Sinclair under the bus and that something will be resolved before the season. Two days notice and no remedy to the issue is pretty ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

4. Likes:

Always Red (02-27-2020),Boss-Hog (02-27-2020),KYExtemper (02-27-2020),redsmetz (02-28-2020),wlf WV (02-27-2020)

Canceled YTTV this month, they just don't have enough options (not even History Channel - not a big deal but, really?) - I guess it's back to Hulu (easily the best streaming service IMO, but pricey) and the $60/mth for the foreseeable future.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

For the life of me, I'll never understand why MLB makes (allows) its product (which I love) so difficult to find and consume.
    sorry we're boring

7. Likes:

757690 (02-28-2020),919191 (03-02-2020),alwaysawarrior (03-02-2020),CaiGuy (02-27-2020),Caveat Emperor (02-28-2020),cumberlandreds (02-28-2020),DocRed (02-27-2020),goreds2 (02-27-2020),icehole3 (03-04-2020),KYExtemper (02-27-2020),Red Raindog (02-28-2020),redsmetz (02-28-2020),Ron Madden (02-27-2020),sdm24 (02-27-2020),wlf WV (02-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    For the life of me, I'll never understand why MLB makes (allows) its product (which I love) so difficult to find and consume.
    They want you to get addicted and then charge the big $$.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

9. Likes:

Chip R (02-27-2020)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    They want you to get addicted and then charge the big $$.
    Well, I am addicted and willing to pay $, though not to cable or Dish, or anything that requires a contract except MLB TV. And I'm blacked out of that.

Draconian. They think they're being business smart by grabbing every dollar they can, but they're also ensuring that an entire generation of kids grows up watching NFL and NBA instead.
    sorry we're boring

11. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (03-02-2020),Bob Sheed (02-27-2020),Chip R (02-27-2020),mbgrayson (02-27-2020),North (02-27-2020),REDREAD (02-27-2020),Ron Madden (02-27-2020),StRedlegs900 (02-27-2020)

Well, I am addicted and willing to pay $, though not to cable or Dish, or anything that requires a contract except MLB TV. And I'm blacked out of that.

Draconian. They think they're being business smart by grabbing every dollar they can, but they're also ensuring that an entire generation of kids grows up watching NFL and NBA instead.
    Oh I do not disagree with you on that.. They are getting too greedy.
    Sport channels like Fox, big 10 network, espn, ACC network, etc -- they all make a lot of money of cable because every subscriber that has the medium package pays for them whether they want to or not. (Well, on Ohio, I have to pay for Big 10 whether I want to or not.. Not the ACC because I am not in that region).
    So it was only a matter of time before the Sports Channels wanted more money from streaming services too.
    I am guessing Fox wanted more than Youtube TV was willing to pay. That's a problem streaming services are going to have. Their whole benefit is that it is a lower cost option.. but that means they can't pay to keep the premium services.

Oh I didn't mean you weren't willing to pay AlwaysRed.. You are right, the more inaccessable they make their product, the less interest there will be in future generations. We already saw it last year.. 1 million less tickets sold across MLB. I see that trend continuing. Only one of my kids watches baseball, and usually it's because there's nothing else on. My kids are all older now. The idea of going to a Reds game is boring for them. A lot of that is because we only got cable maybe 4 years ago. So they grew up without being able to see games on "Free tv".. (Thank you John Allen for starting that trend.. ) So we had no cable, streaming did not exist back then, so they never grew up seeing games.. In contrast, they could watch basketball and football on free TV, so that's what they ended up liking.

Edit: Yes, the blackout rules are incredibly stupid too.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

13. Likes:

Always Red (02-27-2020),goreds2 (02-27-2020),North (02-27-2020),RedsBaron (02-28-2020)

I have pricey Direct TV with NBA League Pass and Fox Regional Sports. I live in a farm area with no cable options and the only internet is crappy Century Link. I do love the Direct TV Wireless boxes as I can watch TV in the detached pole barn garage.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I switched from Hulu to Sling and now I guess it’s back to Hulu.

Two days notice! Google has so much money, of course there is hardly any consumer friendly companies. It’s no wonder Amazon is killing retailers.
    May the Lord bless

I used the MLB.TV app on the firestick last year. If you pay for a VPN you can watch any game. My local teams are the Cubs Cardinals and Whitesox. Just a thought. For me it is definitely worth it not having to listen to Cubs or Cardinal announcers.

I made the mistake (or was it?) of switching to Dish from Direct before I realized Dish had dropped Fox regionals. They also dropped it from Sling. They lost a lot of customers when Dish dropped them and now YouTube. I know Direct still carries it but how many major cable providers carry it? Fox Sports can't keep allowing carriers to drop them. I don't want to go back to Direct but my options seem to be getting pretty thin

18. Likes:

KYExtemper (02-27-2020),REDREAD (02-28-2020)

Might have to pay for MLB.TV and do the VPN option. My wife likes YouTube TV so I'm not going to switch away from it right now. Hoping that this gets worked out before the season starts.

20. Likes:

wlf WV (02-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Same here as far as switching from PS Vue. My understanding is that Sling lost FSO and the other RSNs last year for the same reason. If that's accurate, they're also not an option.
    Yep. It's why I left them last year and went to YouTubeTV (lol). I have a Hulu Live account (just not active). Looks like I may be switching again. Not going to make the wife happy (lol).

So who do you believe in this dispute? ... https://variety.com/2020/digital/new...rk-1203518191/

As part of its Twitter thread, YouTube TV also said, “We do not take this decision lightly. This is a reflection of the rising cost of sports content.” It didn’t give any indication of passing the savings on to customers of the $50-per-month service, however.

In a statement, Sinclair spokesman Ronn Torossian said the broadcaster “offered YouTube TV the best terms under which their competitors carry our regional sports networks. Unfortunately, they alone decided to drop these channels citing ‘rising costs’ despite our offer to actually lower the fees they pay us.” He also said Sinclair offered YouTube TV a short-term extension while both sides continue negotiating but that YouTube has not yet responded to that offer.
    Sports programming is the most expensive content in the TV biz. Dish, for one, will save around $400 million per year by not carrying the Sinclair-owned RSNs, according to an estimate from LightShed principal analyst Rich Greenfield in a recent blog post.
    Last edited by GAC; 02-28-2020 at 04:19 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by sdm24 View Post
    I used the MLB.TV app on the firestick last year. If you pay for a VPN you can watch any game.
    I've got a VPN and may have to go this route. Just not the biggest fan of MLB.TV. It's just ridiculous though, what one now has to go through to watch REGIONAL sports (lol). I'll be more then happy to pay for it - make it accessible!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

23. Likes:

Always Red (02-28-2020),Chip R (02-28-2020),Red Raindog (02-28-2020),REDREAD (02-28-2020),wlf WV (02-28-2020)

I wish TV channels were all available a la carte. I could live just fine with no more than five to ten channels.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

25. Likes:

Always Red (02-28-2020),Chip R (02-28-2020),GAC (02-29-2020),RED VAN HOT (02-28-2020),Ron Madden (02-28-2020),savafan (02-28-2020),Stingray (07-09-2020),WVRedsFan (02-28-2020)

Turn Off Ads?