Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: John Sadak

Re: John Sadak

At some point later in life, we all get help going to the bathroom.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Likes:

Roy Tucker (08-27-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I’m watching the Angels-Pads game and the announcing team is promoting the Hella Mega Tour coming to the Angels park (Green Day, Weezer, etc).

And the color guy was like “Weezer! Yeah! Beverly Hills!” And frankly I appreciated the lameness of such a remark.

I couldn’t help but think Sadak on the other hand would probably have launched into a hipster tirade about how Pinkerton is underrated.

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-07-2021),Joeyjection19 (09-08-2021),KronoRed (08-28-2021),NebraskaRed (09-08-2021),REDREAD (08-28-2021),Tom Servo (08-28-2021),westofyou (08-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    At some point later in life, we all get help going to the bathroom.
    But not from our moms, ideally.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Sadak just repped Waffle House hashbrowns. Guy just keeps getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Sadak just repped Waffle House hashbrowns. Guy just keeps getting better and better.
    Not listening but I like mine Smothered and Covered

9. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (09-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Not listening but I like mine Smothered and Covered
    Cowboy: You see that ball as a hitter, the ball looks like it's right in the heart of the plate, and you're thinking "I'm gonna destroy this pitch." And just as you get the barrel there, the ball is heading toward your kneecaps and you have a tendency as a right-handed batter to just smother it, and hit it right on top of the ground. Very similar to a right-handed sinker, in on a right-handed batter. There's not a while lot you can do with it except smother it, when it's on the plate and running in off the plate.

Sadak: (Miley's pitch is) just down. Smothered and covered is how I like it when I'm at the Waffle House.

11. Likes:

westofyou (09-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Cowboy: You see that ball as a hitter, the ball looks like it's right in the heart of the plate, and you're thinking "I'm gonna destroy this pitch." And just as you get the barrel there, the ball is heading toward your kneecaps and you have a tendency as a right-handed batter to just smother it, and hit it right on top of the ground. Very similar to a right-handed sinker, in on a right-handed batter. There's not a while lot you can do with it except smother it, when it's on the plate and running in off the plate.

Sadak: (Miley's pitch is) just down. Smothered and covered is how I like it when I'm at the Waffle House.
    My sisters BF in HS worked at one, said they had 1 egg in every five gallons of waffle mix

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Now that they got rid of Thom, I’m fine with who they have. My opinions range from just ok to pretty good. Nobody makes me want to throw a brick through the tv. Like all human beings, they have pros and cons. I think people just like to b*tch. Which is fine. It’s an internet board. It’s what we do.
    I'm not even saying people are complaining. They are just passionate about it whether they like them or hate them. This thread is over 200 posts already. I don't know what it's like for other teams but Reds fans sure have strong feelings about those guys. Even more than some players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

14. Likes:

REDREAD (09-08-2021)

Cowboy and Sadak work pretty well together, I think. Both are at extreme ends of the cheeseball factory, and there seems to be a mutual understanding of this.

I've come to appreciate Brantley over the years, I think he's pretty good at analyzing pitching and doesn't sugarcoat the game.

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-12-2021),Bob Sheed (09-08-2021),Chip R (09-08-2021),GullyFoyle (09-08-2021),Powel Crosley (09-08-2021),wally post (09-08-2021),westofyou (09-08-2021),wlf WV (09-08-2021)

I like Brantley as well. I wish he did the TV broadcasts.

18. Likes:

Chip R (09-08-2021),Huntman (09-20-2021)

I agree too. I was hard on the Cowboy the first couple years, but he's really grown on me. He works well with Sadak. They both love food, they're both a little corny in different ways, and they both seem like dudes I'd like to hang out with. Larkin, on the other hand, meh.

20. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (09-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I agree too. I was hard on the Cowboy the first couple years, but he's really grown on me. He works well with Sadak. They both love food, they're both a little corny in different ways, and they both seem like dudes I'd like to hang out with. Larkin, on the other hand, meh.
    That's understandable. He's improved on the play by play but he's still a little rough. But analysis - especially pitching - is where he shines.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

22. Likes:

REDREAD (09-08-2021),wlf WV (09-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Two things made it hard for him, both involved Marty.

Marty controlled the booth, the conversations, the mood, it was his booth, we all knew and accepted it. That Brantley had to follow, no problem there starting out, after awhile it just seemed two dimensional (to me) now I see him as more relaxed, more of controlling of the cadence of the game, he talks less about food in detail as well.

Second thing was his PbP which was pretty rough, the problem there was Marty vanished during this time and Brantley struggled with learning a new craft and carrying the booth alone. Tommy stays around now, doesn't talk all the time but speaks and the PbP moves smoother for Jeff, he's more seasoned and he has someone that he can banter with during it as well, which I think has made him easier to listen to.

24. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-08-2021),Chip R (09-08-2021),cumberlandreds (09-08-2021),GullyFoyle (09-08-2021),jwdoc77 (09-11-2021),missionhockey21 (09-08-2021),Ron Madden (09-08-2021),wlf WV (09-08-2021)

John again reminded viewers tonight in a game against the Cards that Machado (Padres) once caught a ball out in deep right field. Ugh, seems like I've heard him refer to that play at least a dozen times. I never want to hear about it again as long as I live. Other than that, nice job tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
    John again reminded viewers tonight in a game against the Cards that Machado (Padres) once caught a ball out in deep right field. Ugh, seems like I've heard him refer to that play at least a dozen times. I never want to hear about it again as long as I live. Other than that, nice job tonight.
    That's because MLB Central (the show) on the MLB channel talked about it Friday AM for about ten minutes.

Turn Off Ads?