Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Reds pick up Asdrubal Cabrera on waivers

Re: Reds pick up Asdrubal Cabrera on waivers

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Whataburger is primarily based in Texas, while In-N-Out is primarily located in California and Arizona.
    No wonder I hadn't heard of them. Guess I'll have to head west.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Not sure if we are still on Asdrubal or cheeseburgers or if we've necessarily drawn a clear distinction between the two, but what is the best burger you've ever had? It's been a long time since I had a really good one. Had a one pound burger at Fuddruckers once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Not sure if we are still on Asdrubal or cheeseburgers or if we've necessarily drawn a clear distinction between the two, but what is the best burger you've ever had? It's been a long time since I had a really good one. Had a one pound burger at Fuddruckers once.
    Homemade, hand-pattied, grilled, with mustard, pickle, onion, and slaw.

Has there ever been a late season acquisition for any team that never got a hit for that team that season?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

6. Likes:

REDREAD (09-21-2021),Revering4Blue (09-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Has there ever been a late season acquisition for any team that never got a hit for that team that season?
    We'll always remember that glorious sacrifice fly he had though
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

8. Likes:

757690 (09-21-2021),Revering4Blue (09-21-2021),Tom Servo (09-21-2021)

He might have missed a lot of pitches but i doubt if he missed many team meals(if there is such a thing).

Reds pick up Asdrubal Cabrera on waivers

Did they even scout him? He looks terrible out there. Not just the results. He’s all arms. Slow bat speed. He’s cooked. His numbers this year be lefties weren’t terrible, but something changed with him during the season bc he ain’t going to hit anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

11. Likes:

REDREAD (09-22-2021),Revering4Blue (09-22-2021),TeamSelig (09-22-2021)

I turned the game off right after he batted. There's no logical excuse for him coming up to bat, or even being on the team for that matter.

13. Likes:

Chip R (09-22-2021),TeamSelig (09-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Did they even scout him? He looks terrible out there. Not just the results. He’s all arms. Slow bat speed. He’s cooked. His numbers this year be lefties weren’t terrible, but something changed with him during the season bc he ain’t going to hit anyone.

yes, it was the same scout who advocated signing moose to a $64M contract.

/s

Baseball means warmth Joeyjection19's Avatar

If I counted correctly, Asdrubal Cabrera has appeared in 34 innings for the Reds, or just under 5 full games. In that time, Baseball Reference has him worth -0.6 WAR. If Cabrera was an every-day player over a whole year and produced at this rate, he'd be worth something like -19.5 BRefWAR.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (09-22-2021)

His entire cruel stay here as an esteemed member of the 2021 Reds should end with an “The Aristocrats!” from Krall after the season mercifully closes next week.
    Last edited by membengal; 09-22-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

18. Likes:

757690 (09-22-2021),Danny Serafini (09-22-2021),REDREAD (09-22-2021),Rojo Rijo (09-22-2021)

Cabrera absolutely stinks, but, he’s not to blame for the late season choke job. That blame rests soley on the middle of the lineup. Castellanos and Votto absolutely choked last night with the bases loaded against a bad pitcher.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

20. Likes:

Chip R (09-22-2021),Revering4Blue (09-22-2021)

Tis true. The guys w/ a .940 and .924 OPS respectively who carried this team for months failed last night so they are the same as Cabrera who has a .087 OPS since being added to this team.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

22. Likes:

Mitri (09-22-2021)

he is definitely going down on my list with Neil Fiala and Kelly Paris and even Keith Kessinger,, how exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Cabrera absolutely stinks, but, he’s not to blame for the late season choke job. That blame rests soley on the middle of the lineup. Castellanos and Votto absolutely choked last night with the bases loaded against a bad pitcher.
    Was a disappointing result and felt season ending when it happened, but you can’t define players in baseball by single at bats.

The primary reason they have the opportunity is because of their production this year.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

25. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-22-2021),wlf WV (09-22-2021)

Turn Off Ads?