Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2019 Bowl Season: Buckeyes Against the World

Re: College Football 2019 Bowl Season: Buckeyes Against the World

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Everyone in the media has picked them to lose.
    Everybody has picked the Sooners to lose. Why is it all about the Buckeyes?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Everybody has picked the Sooners to lose. Why is it all about the Buckeyes?
    Why are Ohio state fans talking about Ohio state? Is that a serious question?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I am ready to put in my picks for the semi-finals.

LSU over Oklahoma
    Clemson over Ohio State

Why are Ohio state fans talking about Ohio state? Is that a serious question?
    Why is it all about Ohio State and feeling sorry for them 'cause the world's against them? If you'd look further than Columbus you'd see that the world's not against you

Why is it all about Ohio State and feeling sorry for them 'cause the world's against them? If you'd look further than Columbus you'd see that the world's not against you
    What the hell are you talking about? Is there one Buckeye fan here acting as if everyone should feel sorry for them?

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-16-2019)

Jesus. It’s a fun saying that was on a t-shirt that went viral when they played Bama in 2014.

Jesus. It’s a fun saying that was on a t-shirt that went viral when they played Bama in 2014.
    That was more appropriate. Now OSU has arguably the most talent of any team.

I posted this over a month ago.

I think I've stumbled upon the next angle of attack on OSU.

It's that this is such a talented team, anything short of a NC will deem this season a failure and will be a stain on the coaching staff and players. I don't lose any sleep over such accusations but I've seem the seeds of this being planted.
    In case anyone is wondering I just felt like posting again it for the heck of it.

11. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-16-2019)

That was more appropriate. Now OSU has arguably the most talent of any team.
    And yet Vegas and every “expert” has picked Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

In case anyone is wondering I just felt like posting again it for the heck of it.
    Nobody's attacking Ohio State. A fan created this title and it sure sounds like that fan has an inferiority complex and considering that Ohio State is one of the very few "haves", that's nuts.

As for losing to Clemson if it were to happen, there's no shame in that. I sure wouldn't call OSU a failure for that

I don't know if that's true but how many are picking OU to beat LSU?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

As at the time you posted it, the only people I've seen make this case are Ohio State fans.

Nobody's attacking Ohio State. A fan created this title and it sure sounds like that fan has an inferiority complex and considering that Ohio State is one of the very few "haves", that's nuts.

As for losing to Clemson if it were to happen, there's no shame in that. I sure wouldn't call OSU a failure for that
    If you are referring to me there’s no complex. I’ve done different titles for different threads. One had to be edited because I upset some Bengals fans by referencing the Bungles.

It’s more of a play on the conspiracy theorists but to be honest every fan base has them, including Kentucky basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It's a two point spread. Ain't saying much other then the odds-makers slightly favor Clemson. What all are they taking into consideration? #1 is QB Field's health (knee), even with the rest. There's a question mark. #2 is Clemson's resume when it comes to the CFP. This same team is the reigning national champs who whipped up on a talented Alabama team 44-16. They're an experienced team, well coached, went undefeated, and has consistently been there. So giving them a slight edge doesn't bother me one bit. And being a slight underdog should motivate this Buckeye team too.

The only way you beat all the media BS is by going out there, proving them wrong, and just winning.

These are four talented teams, powered by very similar offenses and talented QBs. IMO, it's going to be a defensive coordinator's nightmare because these so-called elite defenses that everyone brags and harps on all season ... turns into a pumpkin come play-off time. And it's going to be the same this year too IMO.

It's all about match-ups.

Clemson-Ohio State? The match-up is closer then before ('16). Who is going to control that line of scrimmage? Clemson has to stop our running game. Their run D is tops, right there with Ohio State. For the Buckeyes it's about exerting pressure on QB Lawrence, and a HUGE test for our secondary.

If there is a Buckeye fan who says they aren't worried about this upcoming game then they're in denial (LOL).

Yeah, Ohio State can win this game IMO. Tough test. But I like it. Because if they beat Clemson they've already passed "the" test, and it shows me, yeah, they can beat LSU.

But first things first.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

18. Likes:

Roy Tucker (12-17-2019)

More and more sit out each year. If you are a first rounder or if you are a second rounder, you will see those guys sit out at a higher rate.

It may be different for me as an OSU fan, but its playoff or bust, the only bowl game that really excites me as an OSU fan would be the Rose Bowl. But even when they play in the BCS Bowls, it just doesn't mean much.
    Considering both teams, especially Alabama, will have a significant amount of players sitting out for the draft, I don’t think it’ll have much significance except for the future of the programs.
    Those were comments from the previous college football thread. Michigan players have announced that none of them will sit out. Jerry Jeudy announced that he's not sitting out. Where are all these Alabama players sitting out? Practice has begun. I think we'd hear by now if a wave of guys were sitting out this year's Bowl games. I think it's incorrect to state that "more and more sit out each year."

Turn Off Ads?