Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/10/2017 Redlegs @ Metropolitans

Re: 9/10/2017 Redlegs @ Metropolitans

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Wojo entered the game with a 5.84 ERA. Are their still people who want to bring him back next year at age 29?
    Was anybody saying he should be some lock to return in 2018? I was intrigued by his K/BB but I was certainly never figuring him to be some 2018 solution.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cozart!

Tie game
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Tanking. This loss helps the cause. Not my preference, but it's what they've been doing.
    Sad, but true. I still can't see sitting Ervin, playing Peraza in CF and leading off, and Substituting Kivlehan for Duvall with the pitching change. I get mystified at the lineups and moves. The Cozart HR ties it, but remember, this is a AAA team we're playing. Guess that's appropriate because I'm many ways, the lineup we put out there was only AAA+.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    By my count the Mets have outhomered the Reds in this series 8-0. Where is the law of averages when you need it?
    That's what I'm talking about.

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-10-2017)

Scooter tossed by the home plate umpire.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Overly sensitive home plate ump. Scooter was madder at himself than the call.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Zach Vincej now at 2B, batting 4th.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Sad, but true. I still can't see sitting Ervin, playing Peraza in CF and leading off, and Substituting Kivlehan for Duvall with the pitching change. I get mystified at the lineups and moves. The Cozart HR ties it, but remember, this is a AAA team we're playing. Guess that's appropriate because I'm many ways, the lineup we put out there was only AAA+.
    Ervin is a fringe prospect whose minor league career pretty much told the Reds he's not a CF. They moved him off the position and played guys like Darnell Sweeney and Beau Amaral there instead. He may have a career as a 5th OF who rides the AAAA bus between the big leagues and AAA but he's a .240 hitter in the minor leagues who is more of an offense first corner player. He runs fast but his arm says he's more of a LF than a RF. They don't need to see him every day in September to have an opinion of who he is.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Ervin is a fringe prospect
    This is not the popular consensus, only yours. The worst I've seen scouts/writers say is that he might be AAA tweener, which is apparently what you view his ceiling as.

He's performed better than AAA tweener so far. What the he'll does it matter if winning does not matter. By definition he should be playing more so they lose more. It's just Price trying to be like Dusty and go with who's been here.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    By my count the Mets have outhomered the Reds in this series 8-0. Where is the law of averages when you need it?
    When Citifield opened it was really hard to hit a HR there. (Although I seem to recall seeing David Weathers give up back to backers). Drove David Wright crazy. Now guys I never heard of are hitting them out. I know they moved the fences in a little but this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Was anybody saying he should be some lock to return in 2018? I was intrigued by his K/BB but I was certainly never figuring him to be some 2018 solution.
    Here is a post that suggested that.

There are several guys who may no longer be deemed "prospects", who would be nice to retain for next season. McGuire, Ross, Wojo, Shackleford are four who come to mind. (Shackleford based on his recent string of scoreless appearances.)
    There have been others scattered about the various threads that all run together.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Here is a post that suggested that.
    I was with you in that regard, those aren't guys I'm using a 40 Man spot on. I thought you went overboard lumping a guy like Jackson Stephens in with that motley crew though.

Reds go ahead on a Barnhart double, he's had a big game.

Schebler ? The stop sign is on and you do that. He's safe because he did not tag him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    He's performed better than AAA tweener so far. What the he'll does it matter if winning does not matter. By definition he should be playing more so they lose more. It's just Price trying to be like Dusty and go with who's been here.
    It doesn't really, but I think Peraza has a better chance to be the guy who spells Hamilton in CF than any of the others. I'd rather see him out there every day for the rest of the year. He's pretty rough out there now, but he needs OF reps to find out if he can improve. Ervin has had plenty in his minor league career and the Reds know what they have even if we haven't seen it.

Turn Off Ads?