Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 6-27-21 Reds vs Braves 1:10pm

Re: 6-27-21 Reds vs Braves 1:10pm

8th time the Reds have been shutout this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    This was a must win and that sucked again. How can you suck this bad almost every time or so it seems. Incredibly bad display. No effort. No fire. Against a pitcher who’s barely pitched at all. You can’t do better this? So hard.

Unfortunately I think the fact we keep losing once we get around 500 probably shows us what this team really is. Good for what we are used to, but a middling, just sub 500 club.
    There are some nice parts and some intriguing guys for the future, but just no cohesion.
    If you are going to run a defense out there like this one, along with the bullpen, you better have a consistent offense like the Dodgers. We do not have that. Yes, some of the #s are good, but there are a lot of holes up and down the lineup who simply are overmatched 70% of the time at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    what esoteric profundity
    LOL...reds credo should be: "if i had some bacon, i could have bacon and eggs...if i had some eggs"🤣

yes 20,000 posts of wisdom,, including sometimes you just get beat,, and were good again were bad again

- - - Updated - - -

tony cloninger is right,, the reds should have started kelly paris at shortstop

I think they should seriously look at Votto and Suarez going forward, They are simply over matched. Also bringing in people like Heilamann and Freeman insn't going to work. The pitching is coming along but the offense is so inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyVet View Post
    I think they should seriously look at Votto and Suarez going forward, They are simply over matched. Also bringing in people like Heilamann and Freeman insn't going to work. The pitching is coming along but the offense is so inconsistent.
    I agree on Suarez, but Votto has been solid all year, between a .750-.800 OPS. He just needs to sit against most lefties. His L/R splits are extreme.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

8. Likes:

KeefeCato (06-27-2021)

I reiterate this offense is really bad. Only reason why it isn’t complained about more is how historically dreadful the bullpen is. Offense is only a half step ahead of last season where it didn’t score a run in two playoff games. I hope Castellanos and Winker move onto other teams and don’t waste away in Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by LARKIN View Post
    Unfortunately I think the fact we keep losing once we get around 500 probably shows us what this team really is. Good for what we are used to, but a middling, just sub 500 club.
    There are some nice parts and some intriguing guys for the future, but just no cohesion.
    If you are going to run a defense out there like this one, along with the bullpen, you better have a consistent offense like the Dodgers. We do not have that. Yes, some of the #s are good, but there are a lot of holes up and down the lineup who simply are overmatched 70% of the time at this level.

I picked them to go 77-85 I think
    So I am coming out ok in this and looking forward to winning the annual 1000$ best record pick RZ award.

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    I reiterate this offense is really bad. Only reason why it isn’t complained about more is how historically dreadful the bullpen is. Offense is only a half step ahead of last season where it didn’t score a run in two playoff games. I hope Castellanos and Winker move onto other teams and don’t waste away in Cincinnati

Yet once again IPhone is your friend and they are 1-2 in BA/OBP/SLG. 2-3 in. runs scored. It’s not the offense that has held them back. With the non production of Suarez and Moose that’s a very good offense

Love how certain people never post after a win. Only after a loss. I would find another hobby or another team. Yes I moan and groan when they lose. But I can and do enjoy myself when they win.

13. Likes:

NebraskaRed (06-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    tony cloninger is right,, the reds should have started kelly paris at shortstop
    I went to a game in 1983 that Kelly Paris started at SS. (5/29/83 vs. the Pirates)

Looking back at the box score, he had a good game -- 1-for-3 with an RBI and 2 runs scored, before being lifted in the ninth inning for PH Wayne Krenchicki.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Red's bats were pathetic this series..

if you told m e you were AT a game with Neil Fiala I would have fALLEN OFF MY CHAIR

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Love how certain people never post after a win. Only after a loss. I would find another hobby or another team. Yes I moan and groan when they lose. But I can and do enjoy myself when they win.
    The Reds haven't won anything in 26 years. You must be moaning and groaning a lot

Turn Off Ads?