Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Here’s a look at how the draft might open up now - TDN predictive board , me picking for the Bengals after the last two days signings...

1. Joe Burrow - QB

33. Tee Higgins -WR

65. Isaiah Wilson - OT

107. Akeem Davis-Gaither - LB,

147. Michael Onwenu -IOL

180. Antonio Gandy-Golden- WR

215. Gipson- EDGE
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Here’s a look at how the draft might open up now - TDN predictive board , me picking for the Bengals after the last two days signings...

1. Joe Burrow - QB

33. Tee Higgins -WR

65. Isaiah Wilson - OT

107. Akeem Davis-Gaither - LB,

147. Michael Onwenu -IOL

180. Antonio Gandy-Golden- WR

215. Gipson- EDGE
    I could see it go down like that, except I think they turn that 2nd into a 2nd and a 3rd, even if they have to give back a 6th to balance it out.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Ian Rapaport reports that all options are on the table with Dalton - including keeping him to mentor Burrow. In other words, they are playing chicken with Jacksonville and seeing who will blink first.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Never in a million years did I expect any of these signings...Wow!
    It's as if they were summoned by Vito Corleone, and...
    Last edited by North; 03-25-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Ian Rapaport reports that all options are on the table with Dalton - including keeping him to mentor Burrow. In other words, they are playing chicken with Jacksonville and seeing who will blink first.
    I'd be VERY surprised if Jax traded for Dalton. We're rolling with Minshew as the starter. Dalton if released, might be of interest as a capable backup. I could see giving him an incentive laden contract based on starts, in case he is thrust into starter role.

But I wait till he's released.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I'd be VERY surprised if Jax traded for Dalton. We're rolling with Minshew as the starter. Dalton if released, might be of interest as a capable backup. I could see giving him an incentive laden contract based on starts, in case he is thrust into starter role.

Depends do I risk him going to NE or do I give up one of my 6th round picks...Bengals don't have to release Dalton. Knowing Mike Brown he can wait just as long...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Depends do I risk him going to NE or do I give up one of my 6th round picks...Bengals don't have to release Dalton. Knowing Mike Brown he can wait just as long...
    The salary may be the bigger problem for Jax (or anyone) than giving a late round pick for a guy who's not guaranteed to start.

Dalton to Jacksonville makes little sense. They pushed Foles out to make Minshew QB1. I highly doubt they would bring in a QB who would actually threaten Minshews status as the #1 guy. Jags road breaks one of two ways, things go well or better with Minshew and they move forward with him or things go badly and they hopefully line themselves up to draft Lawrence or Fields.

So, I have to ask? Is there anything positive about Drew Sample going into this season?

2nd Round is a huge investment.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So, I have to ask? Is there anything positive about Drew Sample going into this season?

From Super Bowl Nation:

32. Cincinnati Bengals

Why they’re ranked here: Things were ugly for Cincinnati’s 2019 draft class. All five players who played at least 150 offensive or defensive snaps earned wins above replacement values below zero, but none of the selections were a bigger disaster than Ryan Finley in his stint at starter. The fourth-round pick’s 29.3 overall grade rivaled only Grier’s for the lowest of any quarterback in 2019.

How their top pick fared: Offensive tackle Jonah Williams (No. 11 overall) missed the season because of a shoulder injury, but he’ll probably step in as an immediate upgrade in 2020 given the state of the Bengals’ offensive line in 2019.

Best value pick: N/A

I don't see how their first pick after Burrows isn't someone on Offense to help him (including their first pick next season).
    Wasn't it you suggesting that they pick a LB from Oregon with that second pick?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

I agree. With Minshew they're not giving anything up of value to get another QB. I think NE is the best bet know but my prediction is that they hang onto Dalton until another team has an injury and needs to give up something of value to get him. If that doesn't happen, they'll keep him to mentor Burrow and if all else fails, Dalton walks after 2020 and the team gets a comp pick for him in 2022.

There's no question in my mind that Drew Sample was a horrible draft pick

I don't see how their first pick after Burrows isn't someone on Offense to help him (including their first pick next season).
    Oh and by the way, it's Burrow, not Burrows with an s. He's going to be the franchise. Let's at least get his name straight. It's not like it's a name like Tagovailoa or Ghiaciuc.

16. Likes:

Danny Serafini (03-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    There's no question in my mind that Drew Sample was a horrible draft pick
    He has a nice opportunity next season with Burrow...but yeah most teams had a lower grade on him. Shows to not draft based on need.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?