Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Bob Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution

Re: Bob Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    State authority now admits there was no evidence of human trafficking - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...an-trafficking
    I thought that was established a long time ago.

The issue now is was that video illegally taken? That's what his lawyers are arguing. I would think law enforcement would know to do this legally but we'll see

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've seen a few massage places get busted since the Kraft thing here in Franklin County - a place where a Vice squad detective has been federally indicted for kidnapping, raping, and murdering women - and the media is glad to call it human trafficking every time.

One place was open and being observed from last October to this March.

If women were being trafficked, why would you allow it to continue for five months?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

4. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I've seen a few massage places get busted since the Kraft thing here in Franklin County - a place where a Vice squad detective has been federally indicted for kidnapping, raping, and murdering women - and the media is glad to call it human trafficking every time.

One place was open and being observed from last October to this March.

If women were being trafficked, why would you allow it to continue for five months?
    To get the big guys and not just the foot soldiers.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    To get the big guys and not just the foot soldiers.
    So you're good letting those women be "slaves" for half a year?

(Mind you, no human trafficking charges are ever actually made in almost all of these cases.)

7. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-13-2019)

(Mind you, no human trafficking charges are ever actually made in almost all of these cases.)
    Yes. If you don't get the big boys, the women will just be replaced.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

9. Likes:

Sea Ray (04-13-2019)

If that's the case then it seems likely that you need a bunch of evidence to convict on this sort of thing. It may very well take months and months of evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It may very well take months and months of evidence
    Or even years, keep 'em slaves and keep gathering evidence, makes all kinds of sense. Better send in some undercovers to see what's going on!

Re: Bob Kraft arrested for soliciting prostitution

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    There are lots of people who claim 100% innocence and later plead guilty. It's posturing more than anything.
    From a PR aspect, once the story came out that's the big news.
    In the biggest story he's charged, and he denies it 100%.
    Whatever happens from here will be relatively small news. The vast majority of the public will remember he was charged no matter what(and will likely have determined his innocence/guilt no matter what happens from here).
    I don't think many people take his denial that seriously, and I think an even smaller number of people will really care that pleads guilty after initially saying he's not guilty.
    You were wrong here. This story was the lead on the 6:30pm NBC News last night. It seems that we underestimated the power of a legal team with unlimited resources

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I always come back to my cynical view that people at the wealth level of Kraft, Havens, and Childs don't get in trouble for what they've done. Guaranteed they've all done way worse ethically, morally, and probably legally. No, people at that level get in trouble because of who they've ticked off.
    This was pretty darn accurate. There's a lot of good things about being rich and hiring a good legal team is one of them

This was pretty darn accurate. There's a lot of good things about being rich and hiring a good legal team is one of them
    The part about being able to hire a good legal team is true, but I'm not sure what this situation has to do with any of it. No one gets in serious legal trouble for being caught as a customer at a happy ending massage parlor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The part about being able to hire a good legal team is true, but I'm not sure what this situation has to do with any of it. No one gets in serious legal trouble for being caught as a customer at a happy ending massage parlor.
    This isn't about serious trouble. I would rephrase it as "no one gets the videos thrown out after being caught as a customer in a massage parlor." But Kraft did. He won't even have to plead no contest. It'll get thrown out before it even gets started.

This isn't about serious trouble. I would rephrase it as "no one gets the videos thrown out after being caught as a customer in a massage parlor." But Kraft did. He won't even have to plead no contest. It'll get thrown out before it even gets started.
    Fair enough, and I'd only cared about the Kraft thing enough to kind of scan the headline until after my post. I thought the ruling was about whether the tape would be released publicly. Nevertheless, I'm interested in this nugget from the article I was reading about it: "The ruling is similar to one in a neighboring county, where a judge also suppressed video of men allegedly paying for massage parlor sex." I wonder how special Kraft's defense team really needed to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Fair enough, and I'd only cared about the Kraft thing enough to kind of scan the headline until after my post. I thought the ruling was about whether the tape would be released publicly. Nevertheless, I'm interested in this nugget from the article I was reading about it: "The ruling is similar to one in a neighboring county, where a judge also suppressed video of men allegedly paying for massage parlor sex." I wonder how special Kraft's defense team really needed to be here.
    That's a legal question and where maybe you can help us. I do have a couple questions though. If it's no big deal to get this thrown out then why is law enforcement using these videos? Shouldn't they know how to set up a sting operation that'll hold up in court? If this was a slam dunk, why didn't more legal experts predict this? This got a lot of coverage and I can't say I ever heard in Feb that the video would likely be thrown out 'cause it was illegal. Let's start with RZ. Did you or anyone else see this coming (the video being thrown out)? I heard an expert on WLW and some on ESPN. None of them predicted this.

Just as an outsider without much law experience:

What's Florida's law toward recording individuals? Some states are one party, some are two parties need to approve the taping. If Florida is two party state and the parlor did not approve then wouldn't that pretty much make it illegal for those to be shown?

What's the circumstances that led to the tapes being gotten? I heard on the radio a report that the police claimed a bomb threat was made in order to setup the cameras. Is that legal? When does the 4th amendment step in?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Just as an outsider without much law experience:

What's Florida's law toward recording individuals? Some states are one party, some are two parties need to approve the taping. If Florida is two party state and the parlor did not approve then wouldn't that pretty much make it illegal for those to be shown?

What's the circumstances that led to the tapes being gotten? I heard on the radio a report that the police claimed a bomb threat was made in order to setup the cameras. Is that legal? When does the 4th amendment step in?
    I don't know whether ESPN's experts are worth a darn but the one I heard this morning said that there is an expectation of privacy for the customer in places like this. If that's the case then why is law enforcement doing something that's not legal?

Turn Off Ads?