Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

Random thoughts:

- T.J. Warren > LeBron

- Portland's kryptonite is forwards who can score

- Miami with Jimmy Butler is scary. Miami without Jimmy Butler is pedestrian

- I'm not sure Donovan Mitchell missing more shots than an anti-vaxxer is the path to success for the Jazz
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Random thoughts:

- T.J. Warren > LeBron

- Portland's kryptonite is forwards who can score

- Miami with Jimmy Butler is scary. Miami without Jimmy Butler is pedestrian

- I'm not sure Donovan Mitchell missing more shots than an anti-vaxxer is the path to success for the Jazz
    TJ Warren has always been a great scorer, but he's outta nowhere added being a great 3 point shooter to his game. With all the injuries on Indiana he's getting a lot of shots and is not disappointing. Even when they get back to full strength he's made himself a top 2-3ish option there with Sabonis and Oladipo.

Miami is really good even w/o Butler imo. They were down a ton of players tonight tho (Butler, Dragic, Nunn), but it gave Herro a chance to prove he can play the point...and he had a huge game. I'm pretty sure this Heat team is coming out of the East and I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    TJ Warren has always been a great scorer, but he's outta nowhere added being a great 3 point shooter to his game. With all the injuries on Indiana he's getting a lot of shots and is not disappointing. Even when they get back to full strength he's made himself a top 2-3ish option there with Sabonis and Oladipo.

Miami is really good even w/o Butler imo. They were down a ton of players tonight tho (Butler, Dragic, Nunn), but it gave Herro a chance to prove he can play the point...and he had a huge game. I'm pretty sure this Heat team is coming out of the East and I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all.
    As impressive as the scoring totals have been, Warren's putting ballgames away too. That's quality.

Bold pick on Miami. I'll believe any of the top six can come out of the East.

Not sure what is going on with AD....gamelog in Orlando...

07/30 - 34 / 8 / 4
    08/01 - 14 / 6 / 3
    08/03 - 42 / 12 / 4
    08/05 - 9 / 8 / 5
    08/06 - 17 / 12 / 3
    08/08 - 08 / 8 / 4

Lakers have to have 25 & 10 from AD to be in good position....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

6. Likes:

M2 (08-09-2020),Revering4Blue (08-10-2020)

As impressive as the scoring totals have been, Warren's putting ballgames away too. That's quality.

Bold pick on Miami. I'll believe any of the top six can come out of the East.
    Top 6 eh, more top 4 for me. Raptors, Heat, Celtics or Bucks. Bucks are the easy pic but for whatever reason it just feels like a Heat kinda year. Love everything about the team and how many interchangeable parts they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Top 6 eh, more top 4 for me. Raptors, Heat, Celtics or Bucks. Bucks are the easy pic but for whatever reason it just feels like a Heat kinda year. Love everything about the team and how many interchangeable parts they have.
    I'm unsure if Herro can indeed play the point. 10 assists were nice, but the 5 TOs were problematic. (Part of that may well be the guys who were playing with him, I admit.) Still, Butler can play point. Herro in that lineup consistently makes them, IMO, a far more interesting team. He tries on defense and is young and spry enough to stay with point guards (generally).

But that team isn't quite where it needs to be. Butler's struggled greatly in shooting, and Adebayo just doesn't have that range. (Though he's an exceptional play maker for a big.) I don't know if they have enough shooting. Robinson is elite and bands defenses on his own, so that's good. If Crowder can consistently hit that corner three, they might get by. If Iguodala can turn back the hands of time (again), they might get by. If Dunn rediscovers his shooting stroke, they might get by. If Herro becomes elite in that area, they might get by.

But they'd need someone to jump up a level if they want to come out of the East.

He's been the best player in the NBA since the re-start and probably the biggest fun surprise of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Not sure what is going on with AD....gamelog in Orlando...

07/30 - 34 / 8 / 4
    08/01 - 14 / 6 / 3
    08/03 - 42 / 12 / 4
    08/05 - 9 / 8 / 5
    08/06 - 17 / 12 / 3
    08/08 - 08 / 8 / 4

Lakers have to have 25 & 10 from AD to be in good position....
    What does he have to play for?

At this point, I suspect they're just trying to get in some minute, not get injured, and rest as much as they can.

Biggest problem with Markelle Fultz - down 3 with 6 seconds left and he's bringing the ball up, and no one even bothers to guard him.

POR just sent home SAC and NOP with their win against PHI this evening.

Down to four teams: POR, SAS, PHO & MEM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Portland needed all of Dame's 51 tonight.

Embiid down with an injury. The Sixers are having a bad time in the bubble.

Portland needed all of Dame's 51 tonight.

Embiid down with an injury. The Sixers are having a bad time in the bubble.
    Quietest 51 I've ever seen. He was deferring all night. Nearly all of the points were from drives to the hoop.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Quietest 51 I've ever seen. He was deferring all night. Nearly all of the points were from drives to the hoop.
    Drives to the hoop are quiet?

Dame is a true scorer. Some nights he does it by dropping bombs from 3. Other nights he's attacking the rim. His team needs him to find points and that's what he does.

You must not have watched the game.

It was very quiet.

Anyone watching wouldn't have realized he had more than 30.

On those missed free throws, to show how rare it was, in his lifetime, he had been 12 of 13 in the same situation (chance to tie or go ahead with less than 30 seconds in the game). To show there was no carryover, he was 16 of 17 from the line (via fouls from drives to the rim) yesterday.

Nurkic is 28 of 29 from the line in this bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You must not have watched the game.

It was very quiet.

Anyone watching wouldn't have realized he had more than 30.
    I love how you dismiss M2's opinion to claim your opinion is superior.

I watched a truncated version of the game this morning, and I noticed how often he was scoring. So did the announce team (Maddox/ Goble/ Twardoski) covering it. Lillard mentioned "again" and "again" and "again".

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I love how you dismiss M2's opinion to claim your opinion is superior.

I watched a truncated version of the game this morning, and I noticed how often he was scoring. So did the announce team (Maddox/ Goble/ Twardoski) covering it. Lillard mentioned "again" and "again" and "again".
    Everybody in the basketball world is gushing over what a great game Dame had, but KP's got a wild hair that he's just got to scratch.

Turn Off Ads?