Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Re: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Pretty sure every price for Betts is too steep.

I mean that's what I was told. Because he's a one year rental. I mean, it was laughable when I suggested Castillo for him.
    Castillo is MUCH more valuable than any of our minor league prospects.

jvs

2. Likes:

HammerTime (12-06-2019),Redeyecat (12-06-2019),The Operator (12-06-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I mean that's what I was told. Because he's a one year rental. I mean, it was laughable when I suggested Castillo for him.
    Castillo for Betts is still cray cray
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

Redeyecat (12-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SoTxRedsFan View Post
    Way to steep a price for a Betts rental! Only way the cost would be that high would be if the Sox are paying almost all of his salary for next year. Take out Lodolo and it becomes a discussion.

7. Likes:

Redeyecat (12-06-2019)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Phillies now in the bidding for Strasburg. After blowing loads on Harper last year, dropping a hundo milly on Zack Wheeler. SS will get at least 175.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (12-08-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Phillies now in the bidding for Strasburg. After blowing loads on Harper last year, dropping a hundo milly on Zack Wheeler. SS will get at least 175.
    Is it like a requirement for Philly to build a super team at the beginning of a new decade?

11. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-06-2019),TheBigLebowski (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Rendon said to be Phils top target.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...ny-rendon.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...on/4355310002/

The Philadelphia Phillies, luxury tax be damned, plan to strongly pursue free-agent third baseman Anthony Rendon, with third baseman Josh Donaldson as a potential fall-back plan, two people with direct knowledge told USA TODAY Sports.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because the Phillies have yet to publicly declare their intentions and have not met face-to-face with Rendon.

The Phillies, who signed Zack Wheeler on Wednesday to a five-year, $118 million deal, would go over the $208 million luxury tax for the first time with the potential signing, but it has not deterred owner John Middleton and the Phillies’ aggressiveness in free agency. The Phillies landed the biggest free agent a year ago with the signing of outfielder Bryce Harper to a record 13-year, $330 million deal.

The Phillies still would like to pursue another starter and relief pitching, but Rendon has become their No. 1 target.
    The Phillies also are keeping tabs on free-agent shortstop Didi Gregorius.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (12-08-2019)

Yea, trading Castillo for Betts was too steep.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

So the Phillies are rumored to become the Washington Nationals? Harper last year & now possibilities of signing Rendon or Strasburg.

If Philly gets one of Rendon or Donaldson I could see Didi coming to Cincy fairly cheap. The Brewers already settled their middle infield and if Philly does as well there aren't many places left for Didi.

Not so much a rumor as much as it is a signal but I don't think this was posted, from C. Trent's article last night after the Moose press conference:

The Reds and Boras finished negotiations for Moustakas’ services on Monday and that was followed by the news that the Reds were still pursuing right-hander Zack Wheeler, who ultimately agreed to a five-year, $118 million deal with the Phillies. The Reds were reportedly a finalist and offered more than $100 million to sign him. That was after already pledging $64 million to Moustakas.

“It was after (the Moustakas signing) and it was with the intent to do both,” said Dick Williams, the Reds’ president of baseball operations. “We’ve been looking. It doesn’t mean we’ll go try to find another guy who fits that profile or sign that size contract for a pitcher, but it changes the board. Now we’ll look whether offense or pitching is the best thing to invest in.”
    https://theathletic.com/1438171/2019...oach-for-reds/
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (12-06-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

The thing that was most appealing about Wheeler to me was that he represented insurance in the event Bauer goes elsewhere next offseason, and that we could still have a strong 1-2-3 in the rotation for the foreseeable future even if he does leave. But they don’t necessarily need to find that guy this offseason. Marcus Stroman and James Paxton are set to be free agents next offseason, for example, and I don’t see either getting more than Wheeler did. So that opportunity is still there in a year if they want to take it.

Red Sox guy @Jared_Carrabis

is hearing rumors about a "major player" going from an AL team to an NL team. Neither team was in the playoffs last year. #ScoopCity

Oh Man is there anybody they don't want to sign? The Philadelphia Nationals
    The Stop And Chat

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Red Sox guy @Jared_Carrabis

is hearing rumors about a "major player" going from an AL team to an NL team. Neither team was in the playoffs last year. #ScoopCity
    He's well connected and not one to just float things out there for attention/clicks. He doesn't care about breaking news.

Edit: I just saw he deleted it. Perhaps he was wrong, but it's just as possible that he deleted it when someone from the Red Sox told him to do so.

Edit #2: Nevermind, he said it while he was on radio today so it was tweet by the Barstool_Quotes account.
    Last edited by Coopdaddy67; 12-06-2019 at 05:39 PM.

23. Likes:

HammerTime (12-06-2019)

I can't find that Jared Carrabis tweet/news anywhere, was it deleted or not on Twitter.

Turn Off Ads?