Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: College Basketball 2020 Part 2: March Madness!

Re: College Basketball 2020 Part 2: March Madness!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    John Brannen channeled his inner Chris Mack today. Weird.
    I kind of liked it. Are you a UC or Xavier guy?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I kind of liked it. Are you a UC or Xavier guy?
    Xavier

Xavier
    ok....I just do not mind the lighthearted crap talking with these coaches....especially to intensify the rivalry. I bet it plays well with young recruits also...
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Crossover Classic (in place of the Battle 4 Atlantis) 1st Round Matchups are set....

First-Round Matchups
    Nov. 25 (All times ET)
    West Virginia vs. Texas A&M, 2 p.m.
    Ohio State vs. Memphis, 4:30 p.m.
    Creighton vs. Utah, 7 p.m.
    Dayton vs. Wichita State, 9:30 p.m.

Three years ago, WVU entered the season ranked #11 and played an unranked Texas A&M the first game @ Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany. WVU was a trendy preseason Final Four pick. TA&M slaughtered us....really, one of the few games I recall just taking a beating. We won our next 15 games and climbed back up to #2 in the country....but it was still one of the more embarrassing debuts given the expectations.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Crossover Classic (in place of the Battle 4 Atlantis) 1st Round Matchups are set....

First-Round Matchups
    Nov. 25 (All times ET)
    West Virginia vs. Texas A&M, 2 p.m.
    Ohio State vs. Memphis, 4:30 p.m.
    Creighton vs. Utah, 7 p.m.
    Dayton vs. Wichita State, 9:30 p.m.

Three years ago, WVU entered the season ranked #11 and played an unranked Texas A&M the first game @ Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany. WVU was a trendy preseason Final Four pick. TA&M slaughtered us....really, one of the few games I recall just taking a beating. We won our next 15 games and climbed back up to #2 in the country....but it was still one of the more embarrassing debuts given the expectations.
    Dang...that is one heckuva stacked tournament.

Wichita State should have been good, but about 75% of the team fled after last season...and now we apparently know why.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Wichita State should have been good, but about 75% of the team fled after last season...and now we apparently know why.
    Was it JUST 75%? LOL Makes me wonder how in the hell he got recruits?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Dang...that is one heckuva stacked tournament.
    Duke was originally included, but they dropped out when it moved from the Bahamas to SD. I do not see the logic....I just think they realized the field was loaded in a year where they are expected to be mediocre by Duke standards. It is the type of field where a good team could start off the year with 2 losses.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?