Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: AG last night

Re: AG last night

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Wait... I missed something.. a guy cried on TV because of trash talk?

Who?

Chris Mullin.. right?
    Kevin Garnett made Glen Davis cry trash talking about his mom.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    Kevin Garnett made Glen Davis cry trash talking about his mom.

Classy

reminds me of this

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/foo...KJYIG6AGGCCUQ/

Marco Materazzi finally reveals what was said moments before the Zinedine Zidane headbutt
    Last edited by westofyou; 05-03-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Put the specific word aside. It's a bit of a "pot meet kettle" situation to criticize Amir for his lack of decorum by calling him names
    Go back and read post 118 where I used the word thug and tell me when I called Garrett or any other player that.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Here’s the best trash talkers from every team, brought to us by MLB.com:

https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/best-tr...-mlb-team.html

They should probably all just shut up and play I guess.
    I'd like it better if they would.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The entire sport would be better if everyone wore jacket and ties on airplanes again.
    But pants are optional? well if it makes the world a better place....
    Go Gators!

Regarding Emotion.

Some like stoic, like Greg Maddux I guess. Some like a bit of emotion, like Clemens. The Nasty boys were emotional at times. They won. Mariano Rivera was composed. He won a lot.

So, whatever works. That's what I want.

BTW, loved Garrett leaping out of the dugout to greet Hendrix.

Off days suck.
    Last edited by TRF; 05-03-2021 at 10:32 PM.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Nothing wrong with wanting to win, showing emotion and celebrating big plays.. but what Garrett did was way over the line. No place for that stuff in the game

9. Likes:

RollyInRaleigh (05-04-2021)

I am for acting with class. He been getting lit up all season and waits to "get into his act" after striking a player out. Geez

11. Likes:

REDREAD (05-03-2021),RollyInRaleigh (05-04-2021)

There sure seem to be a lot of rules for when Amir can play the game the way he plays the game.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Thinking about "cocky" and baseball I tend to see more baseball stories soaked in subtle cockiness as opposed to chest pounding cockiness.

Examples:

Cobb telling Wagner he was going to steal 2b on the next pitch in the 1909 WS , Wagner said go ahead and tagged his face for the out

Ruth calling his shot in 1932

Satchel Paige calling in the OF and then K'ing the next three batters

That's the cockiness in the lore.

Guess the new chapter is being written now
    There was nothing subtle about Satchel Paige’s cockiness, and that is a big reason why it took so long for him to make it to Major League Baseball.

Historically, these unwritten rules were made up pre-1947, so we know who made them up. That tells me all I need to know about them.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Go back and read post 118 where I used the word thug and tell me when I called Garrett or any other player that.
    Don't worry about it mth, it's classic RZ misdirection.. much like women do when they lose an argument.
    They've changed the argument from "Garrett acted inappropriately" to "mth is calling Garrett bad names" (or whatever it is)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    There was nothing subtle about Satchel Paige’s cockiness, and that is a big reason why it took so long for him to make it to Major League Baseball.

Historically, these unwritten rules were made up pre-1947, so we know who made them up. That tells me all I need to know about them.
    He made the bigs a year after Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    There sure seem to be a lot of rules for when Amir can play the game the way he plays the game.
    how about not yelling obscenties at the player he just struck out?
    And I don't believe Bell's lame excuse, Amir wasn't cursing at his own dugout or himself or whatever excuse Bell gave.
    He can do his dumb happy dance if he wants to, but honestly, what he did was pretty classless.
    Like I said, if someone did that to Amir after hitting a HR off Amir, Amir would likely go into rage..
    How about Amir just grow up? Focus some of that energy into something productive?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

17. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-04-2021),RollyInRaleigh (05-04-2021)

He made the bigs a year after Jackie
    He was 41. He also should have been one of the first. The first ones were chosen not because of how good they were, but because they could follow these unwritten rules. Those that played like Satchel had to wait their turn.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Don't worry about it mth, it's classic RZ misdirection.. much like women do when they lose an argument.
    They've changed the argument from "Garrett acted inappropriately" to "mth is calling Garrett bad names" (or whatever it is)
    No. Just lose the word "thug." I'm not saying anyone here means anything by it, but lose it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

20. Likes:

757690 (05-03-2021)

Turn Off Ads?