Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals-Pittsburgh Steelers 2016 Playoff Thread

Re: Cincinnati Bengals-Pittsburgh Steelers 2016 Playoff Thread

The more the dust settles, I think everything after the Hill fumble happened as it should.

If 55 pulls up and the Bengals somehow come away with the W, they still have to limp into NE without a healthy Dalton, and of course, without Bernard.

At first glance, the message seems to be that 55 lost his cool. If the refs try that same one-sided game nonsense, I hope he loses his cool again. Like I said, the only way it would have been better is if it was Hines Ward laid out instead of Brown.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Hmm, I read this and think "that's what a loser sounds like". It actually makes me wonder if this is how we sound to Cards fans if I stepped back and took a look? As far as "I thank heavens for Vontaze Burfict because he got angry about that god awful excuse for a football team and put Roethlisberger on his ass and out the door. My only complaint is he didn't knock him out enough." The only out the door that counts is he pushed his own team out the door almost single handed. If I was his "teammate" he would not have made it out of the locker-room after the game.
    Have you ever been ripped off by a con artist? Been lied to by an authority figure? Have you ever been sold a bill of goods? Have you ever paid for something, only to find out once you use it, that's it's not what you paid for and is broken, and not returnable?

The post your quoted sounds exactly like someone venting after something like that happening. It doesn't sound like a loser making excuses, it sounds like a person frustrated and angry for being lied to and ripped off, but for years and years and nobody even admitting that there is a problem.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Yes, you get to pick one random play and ignore everything else.

Right.

All the refs had to do was call the game right.
    You couldn't get much more consistent with expectations than the way the refs called those two hits. The Bengals didn't lose because the refs called the game "wrong".
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    This is probably one of the most despicable posts ever made on redszone IMHO.
    What you should find despicable is the way the NFL has let the Steelers play this way for years.

Because Bob's post and my post and everyone else here are not the type of people that wish ill will on people unprovoked.

But yeah- kick me in the crotch enough, and I'm not Jimmy Carter anymore, okay?

I know. You want them to overcome 30 free yards with :20 seconds left.
    I wanted the bengals to not GIVE the steelers 30 yards. I can't believe you wanted them to.

7. Likes:

jojo (01-11-2016)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Let's review here. The Steelers devised a gameplan that apparently was meant to:

* Have coaches yank opposing players' hair on the sidelines
    * Headhunt
    * Low Blows
    * Initiate verbal confrontations on the field, on the sidelines and in the huddles
    * Have coaches shove players anytime they make a tackle on the sidelines
    * Verbally bait at every opportunity
    * And, apparently, send a coach onto the field illegally and into the opposing huddle to bait the Bengals... and reward said coach with a game ball for a job well done

And in your mind, the Bengals responding to this series of trolling by the Steelers is somehow a reflection of their wilting under pressure?

The world saw this game for what it was: Pittsburgh doing everything they can illegally to gain an edge. And while they were flagged for some of these things, so many of their obvious bullying attempts got through the cracks. But in the most critical juncture of the game, they were allowed to become aggressors and initiate conflict, and the Bengals weren't allowed to retaliate.

I'm not terribly old, but I'm old enough to say honestly I've never witnessed a football game where one team was so clearly making it their gameplan to create conflict. That's why this game should make every "impartial" football fan sick. The NFL just rewarded it and yet some fans are trying to say this is a problem with the Bengals?
    And the Bengals fell for it...hook, line, and sinker. That's gotta be frustrating!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    The more the dust settles, I think everything after the Hill fumble happened as it should.

If 55 pulls up and the Bengals somehow come away with the W, they still have to limp into NE without a healthy Dalton, and of course, without Bernard.

At first glance, the message seems to be that 55 lost his cool. If the refs try that same one-sided game nonsense, I hope he loses his cool again. Like I said, the only way it would have been better is if it was Hines Ward laid out instead of Brown.
    I get the hate for Ward, he was a dirtbag, but do people just hate Brown because of how good he is?

This is probably one of the most despicable posts ever made on redszone IMHO.
    Cincinnati Bengals: "Bring the dirty? Then we'll bring the dirty dirty."

Fine with me, until the NFL decides to remove the halo from the Steeler uniforms.

You can't even count on two hands how many dirty play w/ no call the Steelers have leveled upon the Bengals through the years. It either ends this season, or payback is a mother...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

11. Likes:

Redsfaithful (01-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    And the Bengals fell for it...hook, line, and sinker. That's gotta be frustrating!!!
    What's hilarious is the assertion that the world saw the game for what it was and it somehow reflected poorly on the Steelers and well for the Bengals.

This game was a huge hit to the Bengals' brand. The national narrative is that they are stupid thugs.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

You couldn't get much more consistent with expectations than the way the refs called those two hits. The Bengals didn't lose because the refs called the game "wrong".
    You are extremely dense or a troll.

14. Likes:

jimbo (01-11-2016)

Right, so being human only applies to referees.

All of us need to behave, the Bengals need to behave, and deal with the fact that the refs don't need to behave because nobody is perfect.

Do you sort of see why you don't make sense?

The fact that the Steelers get away with crap for years and everybody else gets penalties for reacting to it- sorry, dude, I'm not going to take it lying down, and neither should the Bengals.

If Ben Roethlisberger gets a bottle thrown at him for his team's behavior, my advice to Ben would be to get your team under control.

Don't pull hair, let your coach get on the field and run his mouth.

Bengals fans don't toss stuff at Tom Brady. They are tired of this team and their antics. And they are tired of the NFL not doing anything about it.

Being the better person is standing up for yourself, not being Phil Drummond.

16. Likes:

The Operator (01-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I get the hate for Ward, he was a dirtbag, but do people just hate Brown because of how good he is?
    I don't see any hate for Brown. Not from me anyway.

I'd prefer that 55 laid out Shazier instead, but that's not how it works unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Tell NBC that. Tell the NFL that. They market him with children.

It gets old, dude. Guy's an ass, and he comes from the organization that produces them more than Hershey makes chocolate.

What's hilarious is the assertion that the world saw the game for what it was and it somehow reflected poorly on the Steelers and well for the Bengals.

This game was a huge hit to the Bengals' brand. The national narrative is that they are stupid thugs.
    And before that, it was "they choke in prime time." And before that, "they are paper tigers." And before that? Thugs again, I think. But no matter how many cheap shots come from the Steelers, it's never dirty with them. "Hard-nosed smash mouth football, I tell ya."

It's garbage, and I'll take a whole defense full of Burficts and Jones's until the double standard is no longer perpetuated from the top of the NFL on down.

Right, so being human only applies to referees.

All of us need to behave, the Bengals need to behave, and deal with the fact that the refs don't need to behave because nobody is perfect.

Do you sort of see why you don't make sense?

The fact that the Steelers get away with crap for years and everybody else gets penalties for reacting to it- sorry, dude, I'm not going to take it lying down, and neither should the Bengals.

If Ben Roethlisberger gets a bottle thrown at him for his team's behavior, my advice to Ben would be to get your team under control.

Don't pull hair, let your coach get on the field and run his mouth.

Bengals fans don't toss stuff at Tom Brady. They are tired of this team and their antics. And they are tired of the NFL not doing anything about it.

Being the better person is standing up for yourself, not being Phil Drummond.
    Actually, Dom, all I can see is that this post doesn't make much sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    You are extremely dense or a troll.
    Actually, your behavior is very poor. Stop it.

Turn Off Ads?